Which European Country Drinks The Most?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

If you want some drinking buddies here's where you go.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-12-2 ... st-alcohol
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

I'm not surprised it was Germany and Russia.

With the extreme weather in Russia, they drink vodka like it was anti-freeze. As for Germans....they just like to drink.

Reminds me of the joke about the guy who checks into a hotel and finds a card near the telephone: "Do you have a drinking problem? If so, dial this number." He dials the number and finds it is a .....liquor store.
Leraldo
Freshman Poster

Czechs are the first

Post by Leraldo »

For me it was a surprise that Czechs is on the top. However it appears to be true. I have a friend from Prague and he said that people there are drinking like crazy.
I'm enjoying life in Spain, working in Gibraltar and sending money abroad for almost zero price
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

After another beery evening with my family in the UK I can barely see. We must have been fairly high up in the charts.

It amused me to meet some American guys in Thailand. They liked a bit of beer but we Brits were on another level.

Mostly it's due to the climate - right now we're experiencing a storm every freaking day in Northern Europe which is resulting in stuff like this:

In 2002-05 I used to commute along this railway every day, but it was destroyed overnight earlier in the week .
:shock:
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Seduction Sebi
Freshman Poster

Post by Seduction Sebi »

Yeah okay, but this is just beer. I am German and I am currently living in England and all I can say is that I have never seen so many drunk people, especially girls on one place before in my whole life. english people have a serious drinking problem.
walrusface
Freshman Poster

Post by walrusface »

deleted
Last edited by walrusface on February 18th, 2014, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
walrusface
Freshman Poster

Post by walrusface »

When I was in Germany I noticed more casual drinkers, such as having the odd beer in a cafe, taking a bottle on the U bahn etc. In Britain we surely must have the biggest binge drinking problem. When people drink here they go for it in a big way! It's a bit all or nothing. It's a problem as most young people go out with the purpose of chucking as much booze down there necks as possible.
xiongmao wrote:After another beery evening with my family in the UK I can barely see. We must have been fairly high up in the charts.

It amused me to meet some American guys in Thailand. They liked a bit of beer but we Brits were on another level.

Mostly it's due to the climate - right now we're experiencing a storm every freaking day in Northern Europe which is resulting in stuff like this:

In 2002-05 I used to commute along this railway every day, but it was destroyed overnight earlier in the week .
:shock:

Ah, Dawlish..I used to commute on that line all last year. Nice route. Annoyed I had to get the bus down to Plymouth the other day.