I'm going to Sweden, Germany, and France soon

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

International Love wrote:i got to walk around sweden for most of wednesday. on retrospect, i actually think american girls might be hotter than swedes. yeah, there is a little bit less obesity in sweden, but i do not find swedes that attractive. although i am not really that interested in blondes.

honestly, my failure in sweden has caused serious doubts in my mind about moving abroad.

i just got to cologne, germany, yesterday. unfortunately, i have an allergic reaction on my face. i think something in the train caused it. there was no ac for 5 hours on the train. my face is red and swollen. i think i am too self conscious to go talk to chicks at bars until it clears up. i saw a german doctor and got some medicine.

i think i will only go to berlin, if i have a good experience with the chicks in cologne.

i think the girls in cologne are very good looking.

eurobrat, i think you said on the podcast that berlin is a unique city that is unlike other german cities. is that correct?
Yes, it's unique to the rest of Germany. If you're in Berlin let me know and we can meet up.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

International Love
Freshman Poster

Post by International Love »

thanks for the quick response.

i will let you know if i come to berlin.

my thought process is that if i have a good experience with the chicks in cologne, then it would be worth checking out berlin.

on the other hand, if i do not get more female attention in cologne and possibly another german city (like hamburg), then i will not go to berlin.

therefore, if berlin is so different than other german cities, and the chicks in berlin love me but german chicks in other german towns do not like me, then i do not feel like it would be worth moving to germany if only the girls in a unique city like me.

anyways, that is my thought process. but i will lay low while the medication works on my face. so i will test out my hypotheses when healed up or at least when more healed up.
International Love
Freshman Poster

a homeless dude in cologne asked me for money, and i said, "no, sorry." he replied, "f**k you." i wanted to punch that faggot, but i kept my composure.

i do have to say that the government customer service in cologne seems to really suck. the public employees at the bank, train information center, and subway were rude. the train information employee just gave me vague information about finding a bus and no germans on the street knew where the bus station was, as they just use the subway. and the subway officials did not even want to help me find my way to the hotel. so i just said f**k it and hired a taxi to get to the hotel.

and it seems that most people do not speak much english.

but the hotel staff and doctors office staff were very nice. the medical student helping me was pretty hot, and apparently she is half japanese.

but even though the government employees were rude, it seems like the everyday german has been pretty nice to me. but it makes me wonder how hard it would be to navigate through the government beauracracy if i came to live here.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

International Love wrote:thanks for the quick response.

i will let you know if i come to berlin.

my thought process is that if i have a good experience with the chicks in cologne, then it would be worth checking out berlin.

on the other hand, if i do not get more female attention in cologne and possibly another german city (like hamburg), then i will not go to berlin.

therefore, if berlin is so different than other german cities, and the chicks in berlin love me but german chicks in other german towns do not like me, then i do not feel like it would be worth moving to germany if only the girls in a unique city like me.

anyways, that is my thought process. but i will lay low while the medication works on my face. so i will test out my hypotheses when healed up or at least when more healed up.
You can't think like that. Germany is very different all over each city. Berlin is much different than Cologne and the North is way different than the conservative south. What made you think these countries don't have regional differences? It's the same as the US.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Re: going to sweden, germany, and france soon

Post by Hero »

International Love wrote: i actually like it when girls dress very casually also.
Really? I don't like that at all. I think it's an insult when a woman dresses casually for a date. One thing that really grinds my gears is when a woman wears slacks and flat shoes to a dance. There's nothing hotter than a fit woman busting a move in a skirt and high heels :)
Last edited by Hero on September 19th, 2014, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Incidentally, if you want a job teaching English in Western Europe, it will be far easier to get a job there if you first teach someplace close to Europe, like Turkey. Just a tip that I got at a TEFL information session.
International Love
Freshman Poster

do married women in germany wear their wedding ring on their right or left hand?

i was at the gym and a cute chick was checking me out. i smiled at her and she smiled back. i started talking to her, and she is russian. she is about 40, i am guessing. she came to germany 20 years ago. i was thinking about asking her if she wanted to hang out later tonight, but then i saw a ring on her ring finger on her left hand. so i did not ask her. i remembered someone saying something about how the french wear their wedding rings on the right hand, but i do not know if that is bullshit or not. i just checked google and i am not getting a solid answer. do certain countries in europe have standard hands that they wear their rings on? i am in germany and will go to france and possibly the netherlands later.

eurobrat wrote;
"You can't think like that. Germany is very different all over each city. Berlin is much different than Cologne and the North is way different than the conservative south. What made you think these countries don't have regional differences? It's the same as the US."

ah, i see, so i will probably come to berlin.

hero wrote;
"Really? I don't like that at all. I think it's an insult when a woman dresses casually for a date. One thing that really grinds my gears is when a woman wears slacks and flat shoes to a dance. There's nothing hotter than a fit woman busting a move in a skirt and high heels"

honestly, when a girl consistently dresses up in trendy clothes, i think that she is very materialistic.
International Love
Freshman Poster

this is going to sound so idiotic

http://beson.winbasonline.se/SE/Catalog ... 28845.html

so i've had this really dry face. i thought it could be an allergic reaction. a doctor in germany gave me medication.

guess what? my skin was really dry in sweden and i went in a store. the shopkeeper told me that he was selling me cream, although his english was bad. i actually did ask him if it was soap or lotion, and he said it was cream.

i could not read the label, as it was in swedish.

i just put the crap in google translate, and i've been putting soap on my face. that's why my face is so red.
Last edited by International Love on September 25th, 2014, 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
International Love
Freshman Poster

i did get some new lotion yesterday.

the swedish "lotion" always felt weird.

it looks like i kind of f***ed up half of my happier abroad experiment. although, i can say that berlin is probably a bit too hipster for my taste and seems to have way too much pollen in the air for me.

i still did have horrible hay fever in berlin and got some weird rash on my arm in the czech republic.

i have had limited contact with czech people, but i did talk to a few young females who were working at the hotel and gym. although they are working in hospitality, they seemed to be more feminine and soft, although you would not be able to tell that unless you approached them.

i notice that some of the german dudes seemed super cool. and some of them seem like f***ing dicks. in the gym, i had some germans talk to me (in a positive way) cuz i do unusual exercises. i feel like if i lived in germany, i could make some friends. although, i had two german dudes try to stare me down. i got a really bad feeling from one german guy with tattoos. he looked at me, and i felt like he was trying to stare me down. i just looked the other way. but he had a really dangerous vibe from him, like if i were to look back at him, he would start a fight with me.
Greek kamaki
Freshman Poster

Post by Greek kamaki »

In Sweden you should come like a conqueror.Swedish girls like our Mediteranean looks but Swedish guys know that so you face cockblock.It is the cockblock of the team for the nation's preservation.It is not the nationalism and power Norwegian dudes let out.
In my opinion these places are better for black guys because as Mediteranean you cause confusion.
Greek kamaki
Freshman Poster

Post by Greek kamaki »

International Love wrote:i did get some new lotion yesterday.

it looks like i kind of f***ed up half of my happier abroad experiment. although, i can say that berlin is probably a bit too hipster for my taste and seems to have way too much pollen in the air for me.

i still did have horrible hay fever in berlin and got some weird rash on my arm in the czech republic.

i have had limited contact with czech people, but i did talk to a few young females who were working at the hotel and gym. although they are working in hospitality, they seemed to be more feminine and soft, although you would not be able to tell that unless you approached them.

i notice that some of the german dudes seemed super cool. and some of them seem like f***ing dicks. in the gym, i had some germans talk to me (in a positive way) cuz i do unusual exercises. i feel like if i lived in germany, i could make some friends. although, i had two german dudes try to stare me down. i got a really bad feeling from one german guy with tattoos. he looked at me, and i felt like he was trying to stare me down. i just looked the other way. but he had a really dangerous vibe from him, like if i were to look back at him, he would start a fight with me.
So what?If he stares you down start scratching your testes.There is no way they can get you in foreign ground.Tbey can get you only in Germany.
Greek kamaki
Freshman Poster

Post by Greek kamaki »

International Love wrote:i did get some new lotion yesterday.

So what?If he stares you down start scratching your testes.There is no way they can get you in foreign ground.They can get you only in Germany.