Best European countries to visit during winter?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
america sucks
Freshman Poster

Best European countries to visit during winter?

Post by america sucks »

I have a month-long winter vacation later this month, I was thinking of traveling abroad during December and/or January. I have already been to asia. I have alot of interest in visiting Europe, but I heard it gets really cold and people don't go out during the winter. Are there any countries I could possibly visit during the winter break?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

america sucks
Freshman Poster

Re: Best European countries to visit during winter?

Post by america sucks »

Anyone? I was thinking about eastern or western Europe
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 2nd, 2020, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

america sucks wrote:I have a month-long winter vacation later this month, I was thinking of traveling abroad during December and/or January. I have already been to asia. I have alot of interest in visiting Europe, but I heard it gets really cold and people don't go out during the winter. Are there any countries I could possibly visit during the winter break?
You'd have to check the temperatures, but probably the warmer countries would be these 6 (in order of good places for tourist, not in order of temperature)

1 Spain (for any age, Ibiza etc., lots of visitors from England, Russians in Barcelona, et al)
2 Greece
3 Italy (culture and food)
4 Croatia (new hotspot, Italy for less money)
5 Malta (for history buffs)
6 Portugal (for over 40s)

Other way to go would be Norway or Austria and take ski lessons the whole month

We dont think of British Isles including Ireland as being "different enough" from the US, but there IS a pub culture there that lets a new guy meet strangers easily.

EuroBrat is finding Berlin friendly and open to new people, a pub culture there too. I think we have another member there too.

Actually I think EuroBrat was trying to make December vacation plans as well, you could PM him.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

"We dont think of British Isles including Ireland as being "different enough" from the US, but there IS a pub culture there that lets a new guy meet strangers easily."

Is it really that bad in the US that you can't really get talking to strangers in pubs? I agree with Jester regarding Pub culture in the UK. Usually, dependeing on where you go, you're bound to find in most cities, places with folk who are open to talking to new people.

It's true that a lot of people's complaints on here regarding the nasty attitude of American women, could easily apply to the UK but even so, it mostly applies to the lower classes, the 'chavvy' end of the scale. What's more, there's tons of people from Poland, Russia, Lithuania etc. here, especially in the larger cities.
falcon garson
Freshman Poster

Post by falcon garson »

I think Innsbruck will be a right option for you dude to have some time there and enjoy winter charm. It is a beautiful city and famous due to its ski resort and wintertime attractions. Moreover it offer inclusive packages for travelers that force them to be there again and again.