Question for those in Europe

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Question for those in Europe

Post by pandabear »

How bad is the "great rape migration?" Are some migrants getting jobs and fitting into European society? Or, are all of them out to rape, loot and plunder, like an invading Nazi army?
Mojo
Freshman Poster

Re: Question for those in Europe

Post by Mojo »

Its an older post, but maybe still interestings for some ppl.
It depends on the imigrant.

At first they live in a reception centre. Most of the time there are containers with between 20 - 40 small rooms where 4 single people or a family can live in. The doors remain always unlocked. They get food and all the stuff you need for your daily living. German classes are given for those who want.
The people stay there waiting for a place in a communal accommodation.
When they get that place they are living in a big house in a own apartement with not more than two rooms. Families have their own, but singles have to share their room with up to five others. In the house are up to 100 people.
All those places are closely guarded.
The time they spend to get a place in the reception centre could be 1 or 2 years or shorter in some cases. The time they spend in a communal accommodation could not be predefined. Sometimes 1 or 2 years, sometimes 5 years or even longer.
Then they receive an apartement in a community. If they dont work, the government pays for everything.
You see imigrants have lots of times for integration.
Some of them take german classes, try to talk the local language. Seeking contact with citizens. They go for a job, even if its at first low class. Younger people seek an apprentice ship position. These are the more open minded.
But there are those who refuse to learn a foreign language and try to propagate their religion at all cost. You see most of those people never on daylight, they sleep all day. Never proper dressed. The only persons speaking the local language are their children, because they are forced to go to school.
The children could make a living when raised in a good way. The problem are the older fathers (chiefs of the family) they are used to get their stuff done by the women and kids. Not really intetested in doing something. I doubt that most of them will get a job.
I can only write of what I saw here in Germany. There are good willing people and there are the others. Chances for integration are exactly what people make out of it.
There is still more to write about deportation, recognition etc.
But i dont want to write too much in one post.