Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Denmark an Asian man's paradise, according to this report

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Denmark an Asian man's paradise, according to this report

Postby Winston » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Check this out. Are Danish girls really that easy with Asian men?

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic/72 ... nese-girl/

I am Taiwanese/Chinese.

When I was living in Copenhagen, in Denmark, I used to have a lot of white Danish girlfriends.

Basically, the white Danish girls were crazy about Asian guys, and I could go out with a different white Danish girl every night if I wanted to. It was so easy to score with a white girl, and I felt like I was a sex symbol in Denmark.

But when I went to Shanghai, in China, I could not find a Chinese girlfriend.

The problem was that the Chinese girls in Shanghai did not like Chinese guys. The Chinese girls only wanted a white boyfriend in Shanghai. The Chinese girls looked down on the Chinese guys.

The Chinese girls would talk in front of me ( I speak Taiwanese/Chinese as well as Swedish/Danish ) and the Chinese girls would say that they found the Chinese guys to be ugly, and unattractive, they said that only the white guys were very good-looking, and they wanted to have a baby with a white guy, because the baby would be as good-looking as the white guy!

It was so strange to me, because in Sweden/Denmark, I am used to hearing the white Swedish/Danish girls saying that Asian guys were so hot and good-looking, so exotic and sexy!

So, I am now confused, because I wanted to find a beautiful Chinese girl to marry, but the Chinese girls in Shanghai really look down on Chinese guys ( it may be because all those Chinese girls in Shanghai have been learning English and watching Hollywood movies,
those Chinese girls believe all the English propaganda lies that white English/American people are superior and better looking than Chinese people )

What should I do now?

Should I just go back to Sweden/Denmark and marry a beautiful white Swedish/Danish girl who believes that Asian guys are hot and exotic?

Or should I try to explain to the Chinese girls in Shanghai that the white people are not superior and better looking than Chinese people, and they should not look down on Chinese guys?

However, the last time that I tried to explain to a Chinese girl in Shanghai that Chinese guys were hot and good-looking and that white Swedish girls loved Asian guys, that Chinese girl did not believe me, and she contemptuously said that the white Swedish girls probably only liked ugly Asian guys because the ugly Asian guys had money.

How ridiculous! I was only a poor student in Sweden, and most of the time, my white Swedish girlfriend would pay for my drinks. My Swedish girlfriend told me that she liked me for myself, for my hot body, and she did not care about the money.

Another crazy thing about Shanghai is that all the Chinese girls seem to want is money. I met a lot of Chinese girls who did not love me at all, they just smiled and told me that they wanted to go out with me so that I could spend money and buy them presents. Those Chinese girls said that they would go out with me for my money.

Therefore, in order to find a beautiful girl who loves me truly and sincerely, it seems as though I have no choice but to go back and marry a white Swedish/Danish girl!

What should I do?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby momopi » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Tell him to go down on this list and choose another city:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ci ... population

While he's at it, have him tell the girls in Shanghai clubs that if they want a white guy, go shop in Western Europe where the selection is bigger and better.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby globetrotter » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:36 am

Yep, he has to go to other Chinese cities. Regional cities and then head to a mediums sized one nearby. He will be a very unusual commodity.

He speaks Hanyu, a major plus. My communication skills are hampering my social life.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Postby ladislav » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:38 am

Excuse me why do you have to put the word 'white' before the word Danish/Swedish? Please just say Danish or Swedish. After all when we talk about Chinese we do not put the word 'yellow', do we? Can you imagine I start speaking like this: I like dating yellow Chinese girls. Or I like dating brown Filipinas. Sounds yachie.

You are in Europe. Please just use nationalities of people to describe them. Do not import US racism here.

Some ten years ago things were different. American guys in SH complained that Chinese girls did not like them and they liked rich Taiwanese or local Chinese. I guess times have changed.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Rock » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:40 am

ladislav wrote:Excuse me why do you have to put the word 'white' before the word Danish/Swedish? Please just say Danish or Swedish. After all when we talk about Chinese we do not put the word 'yellow', do we? Can you imagine I start speaking like this: I like dating yellow Chinese girls. Or I like dating brown Filipinas. Sounds yachie.

You are in Europe. Please just use nationalities of people to describe them. Do not import US racism here.

Some ten years ago things were different. White guys in SH complained that Chinese girls did not like them and they liked rich Taiwanese or local Chinese. I guess times have changed.

I don't mean to sound racist but perhaps race was a relevant variable in this case. Is it racist to prefer a partner of one skin color or ethnicity over another?

For example, my closest Swedish friend (dual Swede/American national) was born in Macedonia but emigrated to Sweden with his parents at the age of 2. He's dark skinned, Mediterranean looking, and just 5'4" tall. Girls interested in 'white Swedes' would probably not be into him. Some girls might have a specific preference for 'black Brits'. Nothing wrong with that is there? In places like Kunming, China, some of the visitors prefer ethnic minority girls over Han Chinese and have to specify by saying something like 'non-Han' or name the specific group to make this clear. In places like Chengdu which have a large number of Tibetans, some of the locals will say they are not 'Chinese' (in terms of ethnicity) even though the Chinese government has forced them to be 'Chinese' (in terms of nationality).

The nomenclature for expressing taste in terms of nationality/race/ethnicity is often confusing, ambiguous, and imprecise. The word 'Chinese' as commonly used can refer to a race, nationality, or language. People who fit the 'American' category can have almost any ethnicity or ancestry but many can be clearly classified into one of these. 'Brazilians' on the other hand are generally much more mixed at least in places like Rio or Sao Paulo. Guys who must have so-called 'white Brazilians' should head to cities south of Sao Paulo such as Florianopolis whereas guys who prefer their purely black compatriots would be happy in Salvador.

My point is, sometimes by using words like white, black, yellow skinned (Chinese/Korean looking), Nordic, Slavic, Mediterranean, Jewish, etc. etc., we can express our tastes in a way which helps others to visualize what we are talking about. Its not necessarily an expression of US style racism.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ladislav » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:22 am

Rock wrote:
ladislav wrote:Excuse me why do you have to put the word 'white' before the word Danish/Swedish? Please just say Danish or Swedish. After all when we talk about Chinese we do not put the word 'yellow', do we? Can you imagine I start speaking like this: I like dating yellow Chinese girls. Or I like dating brown Filipinas. Sounds yachie.

Some ten years ago things were different. White guys in SH complained that Chinese girls did not like them and they liked rich Taiwanese or local Chinese. I guess times have changed.

I don't mean to sound racist but perhaps race was a relevant variable in this case. Is it racist to prefer a partner of one skin color or ethnicity over another?

For example, my closest Swedish friend (dual Swede/American national) was born in Macedonia but emigrated to Sweden with his parents at the age of 2. He's dark skinned, Mediterranean looking, and just 5'4" tall. Girls interested in 'white Swedes' would probably not be into him. Some girls might have a specific preference for 'black Brits'. Nothing wrong with that is there? In places like Kunming, China, some of the visitors prefer ethnic minority girls over Han Chinese and have to specify by saying something like 'non-Han' or name the specific group to make this clear. In places like Chengdu which have a large number of Tibetans, some of the locals will say they are not 'Chinese' (in terms of ethnicity) even though the Chinese government has forced them to be 'Chinese' (in terms of nationality).

The nomenclature for expressing taste in terms of nationality/race/ethnicity is often confusing, ambiguous, and imprecise. The word 'Chinese' as commonly used can refer to a race, nationality, or language. People who fit the 'American' category can have almost any ethnicity or ancestry but many can be clearly classified into one of these. 'Brazilians' on the other hand are generally much more mixed at least in places like Rio or Sao Paulo. Guys who must have so-called 'white Brazilians' should head to cities south of Sao Paulo such as Florianopolis whereas guys who prefer their purely black compatriots would be happy in Salvador.

My point is, sometimes by using words like white, black, yellow skinned (Chinese/Korean looking), Nordic, Slavic, Mediterranean, Jewish, etc. etc., we can express our tastes in a way which helps others to visualize what we are talking about. Its not necessarily an expression of US style racism.

I see what you mean. It is just that being born on the European continent, I am just not used to it and people will not use that kind of terminology. I am in Crimea now and no one even says "white race, black race", etc. It would be ridiculous to say a White Ukrainian for example. People will think it is some political party.

I can try and translate these terms into Russian or Ukrainian and they sound strange an unnatural. A Macedonian who emigrated to Sweden would still be ethnically Macedonian and not Swedish. Passports mean little here.

I guess I just grew up in a whole different mindset. Maybe here they would say- blond Swedish girls, not "White" Swedish girls.

Not sure that the system the OP offers is a progressive one.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:26 am

ladislav wrote:Some ten years ago things were different. American guys in SH complained that Chinese girls did not like them and they liked rich Taiwanese or local Chinese. I guess times have changed.

Sounds like the guy was hanging out in lame social circles. Then again Shanghai women are reknown nationally in China as being materialistic and superficial spinsters. If other Chinese are calling someone "materialistic" and superficial then you know they must be exceptionally horrible.

I've been to Shanghai a few times and I didn't notice anything particularly different..the young women I saw were mostly with young middle class looking chinese guys. The foreigners were mostly in tourist spots in groups. I suppose i'd have to live there awhile to get a good grasp on the social scene but it look fairly typical to me.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:03 pm

ladislav wrote:Excuse me why do you have to put the word 'white' before the word Danish/Swedish? Please just say Danish or Swedish.

It really is relavent. The world, especially the developed countries, are heterogeneous and things like Danish, American, Swedish, etc. need qualifiers since the populations are now multi-ethnic. There are many Danish women who were born there who are not white so he is clarifying exactly what he means.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby momopi » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:54 pm

ladislav wrote:Some ten years ago things were different. American guys in SH complained that Chinese girls did not like them and they liked rich Taiwanese or local Chinese. I guess times have changed.

There are entire neighborhoods in China labelled 二奶村 (second wive village) where local women are mistresses to married Taiwanese or Hong Kong men. A very large precentage of Taiwanese men in China for work has local GF or mistress.

Taiwan is a small island of 23 million citizens. But over 1 million are estimated to be living in China, and those who stay in Taiwan have imported ~400,000 brides from abroad over the past couple of decades.

http://www.china.org.cn/english/culture/81829.htm

"Despite the glittering competition from his peers, Chyi is quite upbeat about his chances at the box office, noting that there are more than 600,000 Taiwanese working in Shanghai."

In terms of hooking up with women abroad (or from abroad), I think Taiwanese men probably scored higher in the tally than most others. They're not the richest or the most desirable, but the numbers sure add up.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:37 am

momopi wrote:Taiwan is a small island of 23 million citizens. But over 1 million are estimated to be living in China, and those who stay in Taiwan have imported ~400,000 brides from abroad over the past couple of decades.

There's even a show in Taiwan where foreign wives who speak mandarin participate in some variety type show discussing their married life with the Taiwanese dude.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby momopi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Repatriate wrote:
momopi wrote:Taiwan is a small island of 23 million citizens. But over 1 million are estimated to be living in China, and those who stay in Taiwan have imported ~400,000 brides from abroad over the past couple of decades.

There's even a show in Taiwan where foreign wives who speak mandarin participate in some variety type show discussing their married life with the Taiwanese dude.

If you want to watch TW TV shows from abroad:
http://www.mychoicemedia.net/

There was a couple of Japanese TV shows (subbed in Chinese) about home improvement that I liked. They showed how to optimize small homes to maximize living space. I'm a fan of minimalist style, but it's a "work in progress" around the house. >_>
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Adama » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:55 am

The race debate entirely derailed this thread!

However, the last time that I tried to explain to a Chinese girl in Shanghai that Chinese guys were hot and good-looking and that white Swedish girls loved Asian guys, that Chinese girl did not believe me, and she contemptuously said that the white Swedish girls probably only liked ugly Asian guys because the ugly Asian guys had money.

That sounds so familiar to me. European women only liked me cause they thought I had money, even though I nearly wore the same clothes everyday and never spent a dime on most of them!!!!!!! LOL
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to European Countries