Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How to Impress an Italian Girl

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How to Impress an Italian Girl

Postby Think Different » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Since I know some on here have expressed interest in the subject, and I've previously posted my own thoughts on the issue, based on my being married to an Italian, I thought this would provide some insight/help:

http://www.italylogue.com/about-italy/h ... -girl.html
Think Different
Junior Poster

Postby walrusface » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:28 am

I don't really like the 'be prepared to pay for everything on a date'....that's exactly the kind of attitude I'm trying to avoid!
It makes them sound a bit demanding.
Politically incorrect comics at unpccomix.tumblr.com
walrusface
Freshman Poster

Postby Think Different » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:33 am

They're not demanding so much as old fashioned. The further south you go, the more traditional they get.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Postby Jackal » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:44 pm

walrusface wrote:I don't really like the 'be prepared to pay for everything on a date'....that's exactly the kind of attitude I'm trying to avoid!
It makes them sound a bit demanding.

I think that is unavoidable when you are in a non-feminist country. However, the solution is to go to a poor country, where it's still damn cheap, even if you're paying for everything.

I don't know what costs are like in Italy, but I would guess that it's more expensive than countries that don't have the Euro yet.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: How to Impress an Italian Girl

Postby publicduende » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:50 am

Think Different wrote:Since I know some on here have expressed interest in the subject, and I've previously posted my own thoughts on the issue, based on my being married to an Italian, I thought this would provide some insight/help:

http://www.italylogue.com/about-italy/h ... -girl.html

Nice article, I agree on almost everything, apart from the "don't talk about politics" part. If you want to maximise your chances to get the date to flow smoothly, maybe yes. But I do believe knowing where in the political scale she fits is a very good way to understand a few important details about her, if there's the desire to go on with a more serious relationship.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Return to European Countries