Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Denmark?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Denmark?

Postby BellaRuth » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:54 pm

My mother's side is Danish and I have never been but heard fantastic things about this country.

Anyone been there?

I've heard it's really safe, beautiful and friendly. I'd love to study my Masters there to check it out for a more long-term option. This year I'm thinking of taking some short trips to some countries to narrow them down. Should Denmark be one of them?
Toute connaissance est une réponse à une question. - Gaston Bachelard
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Go for it. It's such a small country that I'm sure you can see a lot of it quickly.

Where is the least expensive place in Europe to study?

A masters program must be expensive.

Since you are a EU citizen, can you just study and live anywhere you want in the EU?

Does the UK use the Euro yet? Do most countries in Europe use the same currency?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby adam917 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Winston wrote:Go for it. It's such a small country that I'm sure you can see a lot of it quickly.

Where is the least expensive place in Europe to study?

A masters program must be expensive.

Since you are a EU citizen, can you just study and live anywhere you want in the EU?

Does the UK use the Euro yet? Do most countries in Europe use the same currency?

The UK still uses their pound sterling but is in the EU. The situation is complex. eurozone != the EU != Schengen

I guess you have to look it up on Wikipedia or something to see the exact differences.
adam917
Freshman Poster

Postby BellaRuth » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:28 pm

I think a masters will be expensive but I'd LOVE to live in another country for a year at least, so it seems the best way to do it- at least I have student accommodation and friends sorted (I bet I'll make them easily enough in a course) and education to focus myself on. I'm looking into the costs.

Being from the UK I shouldn't balk too much at Scandinavian pricing, haha. Think all of Northern Europe's as bad as each other.

The UK doesn't use the Euro. We really want to keep our currency, we see it as an identity. I feel sad not paying in francs or pesetas anymore, it's a shame.

I think I can live/work/study anywhere in the EU, that's one good thing about it.
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Re: Denmark?

Postby Jackal » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:52 pm

BellaRuth wrote:I've heard it's really safe, beautiful and friendly.

Well, I've never been there, but clearly parts of Copenhagen are NOT safe.

Check out this news report:
http://english.aljazeera.net/programmes ... 85250.html
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby BellaRuth » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:14 pm

Ouch. Thanks Jackal.
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Postby Jackal » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:24 pm

But keep in mind that that's just the capital. It doesn't mean that the rest of Denmark isn't nice.

For example, New York City is quite different than upstate New York.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby BellaRuth » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:21 pm

My friend went there nearly 10 years ago and has so many (good) things to say about it.

I'll check it out. I need to figure out what countries to try to visit this year so I can choose one for my Masters. :)
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Postby Adama » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:13 pm

For the fair skinned European female, I would suggest southern Europe.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby BellaRuth » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:30 pm

J.Adama wrote:For the fair skinned European female, I would suggest southern Europe.

Howcome?

I'm open to trying the south of France and north of Spain, haven't been yet. Have heard good things about both, especially as I'm into art. That's as south as I'm thinking of going.

My sister lives in Cyprus and loves it, I like it too but it's not the place for me long-term. I did live in the south of Spain for a while as a teenager. My problem is I'm not good with hot weather. But the people are fantastic.
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Postby miss_conduct » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:31 am

Regarding Denmark, that 's a place I'd love to visit one day. :D I watched a video on youtube about travel to Copenhagen and the narrator says the place is civilized and Danes are some of the "happiest people on earth" despite the dreary weather. :o He also said that Danes are kind of reserved, personality wise, until they knock back a drink or two. And I'll bet its expensive. But I'm sure its worth a trip.

Famous Danes: Sven-Ole Thorsen (actor/stuntman), Ole Henrikssen (skin care consultant) Hans Christian Andersen (fairy tale author) Viggo Mortensen (actor) although I think he is Danish-American.

Oh and what about Dane Cook, Claire Danes and Denmark Vesey? Kidding of course :D
Be good, or be good at it.
miss_conduct
Freshman Poster

Return to European Countries