Best country in Eastern Europe?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Vegascook wrote:Would Russia or Ukraine be decent places to relocate to if you had a pension built up, several thousand in your bank accounts, and had the interest to open your own ESL (English as a Second Language) school?

What amount of capital would be realistic to open an ESL school in these countries. Or would it be more viable to develop an online site/business to generate passive income. I'm also considering writing children's books after I earn my degree in special education, could royalties from publishers combined with other income sources offer a good standard of living in these nations?

My goal is to be the HELL out of the US in 7-10 years. The only reason I plan on staying that long is that I could eliminate my student loans, sell my home for a nice profit, and have a second pension vested through PERS (Public Employee Retirement System.) At the moment I have my culinary pension (8 years, 10 by the time I graduate), my IRA, and my coin collection.

Any thoughts on how I do something extra to cover all my bases?

I might consider Belize if I can talk a Russian or Ukrainian girl into relocating there. Land is cheap there and a plantation with 20+ acres and a house is pretty cheap and affordable for a US citizen.
1) Why would you want to relocate to Russia? Not that its a bad idea, I just don't think the trade-offs are worth it. The weather generally sucks. Now if you're on the east coast and used to sh*tty weather I guess that's not big of a deal. I am guessing your in Vegas and you thought about Belize so it seems to me you're after Mediterranean type weather patterns with maybe a bit of tropical weather thrown in (heavy rain fall).

If the goal is to have passive income, go where its warm...

2) Do you think it would be difficult to sell a Russian or Ukrainian woman on living in a warm climate??? Trust me its not... They would only opt to stay in their country because its what they know and their family is there. But many woman are ready to disconnect from that and move on to the next phase of their lives with a man they love. So its not important really where you go, because she'll go with you...

I would consider other Central American countries too, not just Belize. Just shop around to get your best deals which you'll find off the typical tourist areas.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:For example, even though the media talks about high unemployment (even in the USA) the help wanted ads in the newspaper are always filled with job vacancies. How do you figure that? I think the media is mostly illusion and people like to complain and portray things as worse than they really are.

I remember in 1992 during the Presidential campaign, George Bush kept saying that he will create jobs, as if there were no jobs. Yet in the newspaper and job bulletin boards, there were tons of job ads in the help wanted section of all types. So WTF was all this talk about there being no jobs in America? I've never understood that.
What a weird statement. In a country of over 300M people, of course there will be some jobs on offer at any given time, it is just that the number of people who want those jobs vastly outnumber the number of jobs. Therefore it is a mathematical inevitability that lots of people will be left holding the bag. Who those people are is likely determined by their backgrounds, ethnicity, gender, where they live and other things beyond their control.
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

Split in Croatia looks good, by reports
Sarx121
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by Sarx121 »

have2fly wrote:Something I would consider when I get financially secure is to live in Slovakia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Montenegro or Hungary. I am Eastern Orthodox (like Greek Orthodox), so those countries do share my religion, which is just nice thing to have around. Also, some countries use Cyrillic alphabet, which it native to me. I hear excellent things about people in general in Montenegro and Slovakia, Macedonia and Croatia (catholic) seems to be pretty cool as well. Food, culture, music and values seem to be very similar to mine (Ukrainian).

Most of these countries are also populated by Slavic people, so the girls are extremely beautiful and languages are similar. Eastern Europe is generally more safe and developed, than, say ex-USSR countries. East Europe now has growing service quality and generally more stable economies. Czechs are probably one of the best examples, but Poland is also growing amazingly well. I did (and do) have Polish friends and when I visited Poland it looked great. But I am not sure I like Polish people in general. Their food is great thou, almost the same as Ukrainian (love it). Lots of vegies, fresh cooked meat, pastries etc. Polish and Ukrainian (Russian) girls are THE BEST girls that you see when you hit downtown clubs in Chicago! There are some good ones in Chicago that are from Baltic states - Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. However, I hear that Baltic states are very racist towards ethnic Russians in their countries. Although, I am Ukrainian, I am not sure if those countries would be good to live in for me. I definitely know that Baltic people seem to be very warm towards Americans, but their economies seem to be doing pretty bad at the moment.
I am so sick and tired of reading and hearing about Czech Republic being considered as EASTERN EUROPE. Get this fact straight your heads you Americans - pls open up google and the Atlas. Czechs are CENTRAL EUROPE. Prague especially is to the WEST of Vienna. In my city of birth, Brno there is a landmark which shows the most central point of Europe.

Can't you get this easy day through your heads?? Its not science or maths. Slovakia is also Central Europe by the way.
bostero
Freshman Poster

Re: Re:

Post by bostero »

Sarx121 wrote:I am so sick and tired of reading and hearing about Czech Republic being considered as EASTERN EUROPE. Get this fact straight your heads you Americans - pls open up google and the Atlas. Czechs are CENTRAL EUROPE. Prague especially is to the WEST of Vienna. In my city of birth, Brno there is a landmark which shows the most central point of Europe.

Can't you get this easy day through your heads?? Its not science or maths. Slovakia is also Central Europe by the way.
Nice to meet you, too! :roll:

Quick. Close your eyes and tell us from memory, how much distance there is between Ohio and Nevada. No Google, no cheating, and be sure to use our imperial units of measurement. You can round up if necessary. If you can't do it, I'll get pissed off and rant about what an idiot I think you are.

Didn't think so. Sit down, Borat.