Prague for Asian-American Men?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
thekingdom
Freshman Poster

Prague for Asian-American Men?

Post by thekingdom »

I was wondering what Prague is actually like to live in?

Apathy? Neutral? Active disinterest? Curiousity? Active interest?

Any thoughts or observations would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Last edited by thekingdom on October 10th, 2010, 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Pretty negative IMO. Anytime you have a large number of asian migrant workers who are lower tiered service workers then all asians generally get looked upon negatively as well. You get similar reactions in some of the gulf arab countries as well.

This all depends on what kind of people you hang out with and if you have local friends i'd go look at the historical stuff at Prague but wouldn't stay there too long. You'll receive much better treatment in the eastern european countries without a large asian underclass like Poland, Lithuania, etc..
thekingdom
Freshman Poster

Post by thekingdom »

Repatriate wrote:Pretty negative IMO. Anytime you have a large number of asian migrant workers who are lower tiered service workers then all asians generally get looked upon negatively as well. You get similar reactions in some of the gulf arab countries as well.

This all depends on what kind of people you hang out with and if you have local friends i'd go look at the historical stuff at Prague but wouldn't stay there too long. You'll receive much better treatment in the eastern european countries without a large asian underclass like Poland, Lithuania, etc..
Thanks. My suspicion is that you're right. I've actually been to Lithuania and know an Asian-American guy who's lived in Krakow.

My friend's impression of Poland? Terrible, although he can only speak for Krakow. Actively called names, jumped by skinheads at the rail station, punched in the back of the head in a bar, monkey noises/mocking gestures, etc. He quit his job early and moved away, although not before having affairs with a few local Polish girls.
Last edited by thekingdom on October 10th, 2010, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

thekingdom wrote: My friend's impression of Poland? Terrible, although he can only speak for Krakow. Actively called names, jumped by skinheads at the rail station, punched in the back of the head in a bar, monkey noises/mocking gestures, etc. He quit his job early and moved away, although not before having affairs with a few local Polish girls.
Sounds much worse than what i've heard but i'm not too surprised heh. Eastern Europe is just one of those regions where you tend to get extremes like that and cultural/racial/religious animosity has always run at a high at nearly all times in history...that is until someone bigger and badder comes along and steamrolls their little nation-states ie. Nazi germany or Soviet Russia.

Also, forgot to mention that Jews had lived in various EE countries for centuries and most eastern european nations were more than happy to dime them out to Nazis even though their own people were being persecuted as well. I think something outrageous like 98% of Czech Jews were killed and the vast majority of Poland's as well.

A true test of a nation's character is how they react during times of crisis and the first thing quite a few of those nations did was sell out their "undesirable" minorities. Just keep that in mind..
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This thread should be in the Europe section. I'm moving it there.
Last edited by Winston on October 4th, 2010, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

thekingdom wrote:
Repatriate wrote:Pretty negative IMO. Anytime you have a large number of asian migrant workers who are lower tiered service workers then all asians generally get looked upon negatively as well. You get similar reactions in some of the gulf arab countries as well.

Thanks. My suspicion is that you're right. I've actually been to Lithuania and know an Asian-American guy who's lived in Krakow.

My impression of Lithuania? Moderately hostile men (especially at night). I always felt tense and definitely felt the animosity of the local guys day and night. Moderately intrigued women. If I lived there, I have no doubt it would be very easy to choose from multiple women. Overall? I couldn't live there...mostly because of the latent and not so latent hostility I experienced.

My friend's impression of Poland? Terrible, although he can only speak for Krakow. Actively called names, jumped by skinheads at the rail station, punched in the back of the head in a bar, monkey noises/mocking gestures, etc. He quit his job early and moved away, although not before having affairs with a few local Polish girls.
I've experienced that too. Some guys in the Baltic States jeer at me for racial reasons. The women are polite and approachable though. As long as you stay in the Old Town areas, you should be fine.

In Poland I had some skinheads threaten me too. Fortunately my friend came to intervene. But this was in a small town. Krakow is supposed to be really safe and diverse.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
thekingdom
Freshman Poster

Post by thekingdom »

I'm also wondering if somewhere more "civilized" such as Finland might be an interesting possibility -- although I have heard the women there can be very feminist and heavy drinkers...not a very attractive combination for my tastes.

I also assumed that due to the heavy # of Japanese/South Korean tourists in Prague, I would receive "apathy" rather than "active contempt" from the general populace...at least in the tourist areas....but I guess I won't know until I go there.
Last edited by thekingdom on October 10th, 2010, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Which Eastern European countries would you recommend then? How about Serbia, Slovakia, Romania, etc?

Just avoid the men then. Or stick with befriending other foreign men there.

As to Finland, see the video about it in the other thread in this board. It's supposed to be one of the most anti-social places in the world.

thekingdom
Freshman Poster

Post by thekingdom »

Winston wrote:Which Eastern European countries would you recommend then? How about Serbia, Slovakia, Romania, etc?

Just avoid the men then. Or stick with befriending other foreign men there.

As to Finland, see the video about it in the other thread in this board. It's supposed to be one of the most anti-social places in the world.
I've never been to Serbia, Slovakia, or Romania.

I have met Romanian girls however and they were by and large not attractive.
Last edited by thekingdom on October 10th, 2010, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Prague for Asian-American Men?

Post by Rock »

thekingdom wrote:
I should just add as a note that I have traveled extensively throughout Europe and know for a FACT that certain countries are GREAT for Asian men while others are NOT GREAT. Just trying to figure out where Prague fits into the equation.

Thanks.
Why don't you share the info you gleaned from your extensive travel then? Which countries and best and worst for Asian men and for what reasons?

Many of the forum members are Asian Americans so stories and/or even photos of your experiences in Europe would be an interesting extension to Winston's Eastern Europe/CIS tours.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

thekingdom wrote:
I've heard great things about Slovakian girls however. And considering the proximity of Bratislava to Vienna, I've even considered Vienna as a nice place to be based out of. However, the Austrian right-wing nationalism turns me off and German is one of my least favorite languages...even if spoken with a Viennese accent.
Isn't Bratislava where most of "Hostel" was filmed? They made it look like a pretty scary place, lol. But one of two of the amateur female actresses were actual Slovakians and they were smoking hot IMO.
thekingdom
Freshman Poster

Post by thekingdom »

I felt like a rock star at times in Eastern Europe.
Last edited by thekingdom on October 10th, 2010, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

thekingdom wrote:The Baltic countries were all GREAT from a female standpoint. I felt like a rock star at times.

On the other hand, I had to put up with skinhead encounters, being attacked for no reason by a Russian guy, and getting stared down on a semi-regular basis by some very angry, jealous local guys. But this is over time. Short-term visitors may be totally oblivious to this underbelly.
First, you do realize that even though some countries have women who are very friendly to Asians socially, it doesn't mean that they will sleep with Asians or be attracted to them, don't you? I mean you realize the difference between social friendliness/openness vs. physical attraction and mating, don't you? They aren't the same thing. I have experienced many of the former without the latter.

I don't get something though. If you are there for a long time, how do the skinheads pick on you more? I mean do they see that you've been there longer? Aren't these people who have just passed by you that are attacking you and threatening you? If so, how do they know whether you are new or been there a long time? Can they sense whether you are a newbie or not?

Is it a collective consciousness thing?

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
thekingdom wrote:The Baltic countries were all GREAT from a female standpoint. I felt like a rock star at times.

On the other hand, I had to put up with skinhead encounters, being attacked for no reason by a Russian guy, and getting stared down on a semi-regular basis by some very angry, jealous local guys. But this is over time. Short-term visitors may be totally oblivious to this underbelly.
First, you do realize that even though some countries have women who are very friendly to Asians socially, it doesn't mean that they will sleep with Asians or be attracted to them, don't you? I mean you realize the difference between social friendliness/openness vs. physical attraction and mating, don't you? They aren't the same thing. I have experienced many of the former without the latter.
Just because you get put into the "friend zone" doesn't mean that applies to all asians. Kingdom said he's tall and decent looking. His experiences are probably different because of this alone.
thekingdom
Freshman Poster

Post by thekingdom »

Winston wrote:

I don't get something though. If you are there for a long time, how do the skinheads pick on you more? I mean do they see that you've been there longer? Aren't these people who have just passed by you that are attacking you and threatening you? If so, how do they know whether you are new or been there a long time? Can they sense whether you are a newbie or not?

Is it a collective consciousness thing?
You're right of course. Friendliness and spreading their legs for you are two different things. German women were friendlier to me on average. But French girls spread their legs for me far more often.

But I can assure you that these women -- students, professionals, MILFs, and everything in between -- were spreading their legs for me. Many were open to a lot more than that as well. But again, this was over time. I wasn't in these places living out of a hostel & a backpack and just passing through.

I'm saying the longer you stay in one place, the more likely you run into people who hate you and want to instigate something.