BellaRuth, are English girls this sweet and elegant?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Winston
Site Admin

BellaRuth, are English girls this sweet and elegant?

Post by Winston »

I've always had crushes on elegant English girls that look like this. Wow. That Maria (Freida's sister) looks like a perfect innocent angel, the kind I've always dreamed of. I've always felt that I had a past life in England or a long lost soulmate there. Films like this make me feel right at home like I've belonged to such times before.

BellaRuth, are there still any English girls that are like this?

Last edited by Winston on October 22nd, 2010, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
wuxi
Freshman Poster

Re: BellaRuth, are English girls this pretty and elegant?

Post by wuxi »

Winston wrote:I've always had crushes on elegant English girls that look like this. Wow. That Maria (Freida's sister) looks like a perfect innocent angel, the kind I've always dreamed of. I've always felt that I had a past life in England or a long lost soulmate there. Films like this make me feel right at home like I've belonged to such times before.

BellaRuth, are there still any English girls that are like this?

I lived in England for two years so I think I'm qualified to answer your question. The best looking women I saw in England were consistently from continental europe(Germany, Italy, Scandinavia, etc...). Elegant, victorian style british women only exist in movies and pictures. When you compare british and american women I think its a dead heat. There both equally as bad as each other.
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Post by BellaRuth »

Winston wrote: BellaRuth, are there still any English girls that are like this?
I had a quick skim of the clip.

Like this in what way?

Physically, well of course, I bet they are English actresses? But imagine them in jeans, jumpers, etc., obviously, looking less prim and proper.

In manner- no, not unless you are visiting an upper-middle and above class girl who is on her best behaviour, OR a traditional rural girl who doesn't have much to do with celebrity/media/whatever. Rare. And obviously far less stilted!

I think this is fairly accurate in the way we mostly talk/move, etc., and shows different accents. These are singers/actresses but are acting very average, normal to me.

You're not going to see girls this glamorous in their hundreds in street as these girls are local celebrities on appearances but they are all Brit girls.

Might be interesting to show a black Brit too, I know you guys find it interesting they have normal accents here (mostly):

Really annoying Northern accent (!)

And the worst kind of Brit lass (stay with the clip, she starts talking about 2 mins in)

Another... this is worst kind again, for balance. We call this a 'chav'.

wuxi wrote:I lived in England for two years so I think I'm qualified to answer your question. The best looking women I saw in England were consistently from continental europe(Germany, Italy, Scandinavia, etc...). Elegant, victorian style british women only exist in movies and pictures. When you compare british and american women I think its a dead heat. There both equally as bad as each other.
Harsh. German women? Pft.

In all honesty I do see lots of pretty girls here, who are British. I know I'm not meant to say that on a board like this ;) but at the end of the day it's true.

Maybe you can't tell which is from which country or you just focus on the 'chavs' and dregs. I get asked a lot if I am from this or that country or am presumed to be foreign as we have a LOT of foreigners here (I just was walking by the river and heard only different foreign languages for 5 mins straight). But I'm British and I haven't been hit by the ugly tree too many times myself. Honestly. I could show you pictures of my friends and they are all ok, I think pretty girls, not famous, not photoshopped. I also see less physically-blessed girls from Germany, Italy and Scandinavia, believe it or not!

We do have lots of very ugly girls of course, who don't take care of themselves and are fat and get drunk a lot, but saying every English girl is ugly and every pretty girl is from another country is just plain silly. It depends where you go, too. If you go to a poor lower class area you will see far less pretty girls, not because of their natural beauty but because they take zero effort. Girls from different cultures (within UK, class, etc.) will take more pride in their appearance and will see looking good as more important than someone from a dead-end area who lives on chips.

I presume we do look same as Americans as I suppose we are from similar stock. I don't know too many Americans but in my experience they do act different from the average Brit. In my class last week we had an American girl in and before she spoke or I knew she was American there was a total different aura from her. I wouldn't 'big up' Brit girls for any reason but we aren't a nation of pigs (or Victorian roses, for that matter).

I do think however Winston if you're looking for a girl like that, stay in Asia. You'll have more choice.
Last edited by BellaRuth on October 17th, 2010, 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Did someone say an English lady?

Emily Howard:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INj6HPuK ... re=related[/youtube]

Fans of the show would really appreciate the wonderful German dubbing for Vicky Pollard:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ErQ6h1 ... re=related[/youtube]
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

BellaRuth wrote:
I presume we do look same as Americans as I suppose we are from similar stock. I don't know too many Americans but in my experience they do act different from the average Brit. In my class last week we had an American girl in and before she spoke or I knew she was American there was a total different aura from her. I wouldn't 'big up' Brit girls for any reason but we aren't a nation of pigs (or Victorian roses, for that matter).
I do think British women do tend to dress "down" like American women do. Plus British women seem a lot more aggressive and unfeminine in general mannerisms. That's not a knock on British women as a whole but the young British women traveling abroad are almost always easy to spot because of this. I do think this sort of thing is just a part of modern english speaking countries. I guess the American media influence has a lot to do with it as well as feminist thought.

With that being said..I do think British women are MUCH nicer in person and far more intelligent conversationalists.

This is all anecdotal from my experiences meeting Brit women overseas...so..
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Bella,
I meant like that in terms of their femininity, elegance and sincerity.

What do you mean find girls like that in Asia? How would I find girls like in that clip in Asia? Girls in Asia are not like that at all. They do not have that English accent.

So if an Asian guy talks in an American accent in the UK, would girls be curious and ask "Where are you from?" like they do in Russia?

I'm beginning to notice a pattern here from that story you posted about the English guy in NY complaining about the women there.

It seems that the UK guys complaining about UK girls have not spent much time in America. When they do, they appreciate UK women much more. Does that seem to be true?

Btw, if you don't mind, I'm going to embed your videos here. You can do so in the future by enclosing the YouTube URL's between the tags:

Code: Select all

[youtube] and [/youtube]
Last edited by Winston on October 18th, 2010, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
BellaRuth wrote:
I do think British women do tend to dress "down" like American women do. Plus British women seem a lot more aggressive and unfeminine in general mannerisms. That's not a knock on British women as a whole but the young British women traveling abroad are almost always easy to spot because of this. I do think this sort of thing is just a part of modern english speaking countries. I guess the American media influence has a lot to do with it as well as feminist thought.

With that being said..I do think British women are MUCH nicer in person and far more intelligent conversationalists.

This is all anecdotal from my experiences meeting Brit women overseas...so..
That is one thing I agree with you on. Most of the UK girls I've met have been very intelligent and down to earth, more so than typical American girls. But of course, the ones I've met are travelers who are not necessarily the mainstream. Here is one example of a girl from Ireland. She was very open relaxed and down to earth. There was a natural flow of conversation with her that was refreshing.

Bella, have the majority of people in the UK been outside the country?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Bella,
What about the elegant lovely girls in this clip? Don't you dream of these times? Were they ever this romanticized?

At about 0:48 below you can see some lovely girls with naked bar breasts! Wow.

Btw, these are all clips from vampire movies in the 70's. They are very good. You should watch them if you have time. The acting is good and the characters interesting and the effects are creative.

BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Post by BellaRuth »

Repatriate wrote:
I do think British women do tend to dress "down" like American women do. Plus British women seem a lot more aggressive and unfeminine in general mannerisms. That's not a knock on British women as a whole but the young British women traveling abroad are almost always easy to spot because of this.
Dressing casual is very common especially in winter.

I do know a lot of people get rowdy, aggressive, etc. when drinking. It's a massive problem here. But personally the average person, when sober, is fine in my experience.

We might be as 'bad' as Americans in some ways but I see lots of differences myself. I can usually spot the difference if an American girl is around. I think the overall British/American character is in general very different. But perhaps it's just more pronounced for me. No idea.
I meant like that in terms of their femininity, elegance and sincerity.
Elegance you'll have the hardest time finding. It's not fashionable anymore. I still see femininity and sincerity if you go to right girls.
So if an Asian guy talks in an American accent in the UK, would girls be curious and ask "Where are you from?" like they do in Russia?
Haha, definitely, I think you'll get sick of it. We are used to accents but still very curious about where people are from. I ask this a lot.
t seems that the UK guys complaining about UK girls have not spent much time in America. When they do, they appreciate UK women much more. Does that seem to be true?
I've no idea from personal experience. Guys in different countries often complain about the women. I've spoken to an Italian guy who prefers British girls because he says Italian girls are snooty and impossible to approach, and a Swedish guy who says Swedish girls are cold and boring. But a Brit guy would probably love an Italian or Swedish girlfriend and complain and say British girls are too this or that. I haven't met any British man who would prefer an American girl, they usually think they are too over-the-top. And there's nothing like familiarity. I met a successful man who moved to LA, ran back and said he wants nothing more than a normal girl from his old town, but then LA is an extreme place. I think we can't be, on a whole, that awful as guys from other countries come here and get girlfriends here regularly. For instance, every man I know who has come here from South America has either a wife or serious girlfriend from the UK rather than his home country. Indian guys moan about us though, and stick to their own kind.
What do you mean find girls like that in Asia? How would I find girls like in that clip in Asia? Girls in Asia are not like that at all. They do not have that English accent.
Yes but it'd be easier to find (I think, never been) a sweet, elegant girl from Asia than here, if that's what you like.
Bella, have the majority of people in the UK been outside the country?
Yes. Remember we are a very small country with a lot of access to other countries cheaply. If not 100% have been abroad, I'd say 99.9! I have travelled far far less than my friends and have still been round France, Spain, Cyprus and Turkey.

As for the old clips, they are so romanticised as you pointed out, even the nicest sweetest most elegant princesses I think would not act like that, as it's so dramatic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here are some clips from some classic British horror movies, showing some "classic English girls." I do like the Victorian period, the horse and carriages, the nice clothing people wore back then, (especially the lovely dresses women wore) and the beautiful homes. I wish I could back in time and experience the Victorian era.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiBiQfoP ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejn6Ls9t ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq0l0ga8 ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6SsUbGf ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps7_q6dL ... re=related[/youtube]
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Note: I've splitted the posts in this thread about advice from women to a new thread here:

viewtopic.php?t=9037