Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Europe's best kept secret.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Europe's best kept secret.

Postby odbo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Finally a place where I can use my Esperanto pick-up lines!!

Amikejo or "Neutral Moresnet"

Image Image
odbo
Veteran Poster

Re: Europe's best kept secret.

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:25 pm

LinuxOnly wrote:Finally a place where I can use my Esperanto pick-up lines!!

Amikejo or "Neutral Moresnet"

Image Image

1. Do you speak fluent Esperanto?

2. How can you use your Esperanto pick-up lines there? It was absorbed by Belgium many decades ago. Are there any groups of people in that region who still use the language?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jackal » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:42 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_Moresnet

Interesting, but I don't see why anyone would bother learning Esperanto when they could learn just learn Spanish instead.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:16 pm

Jackal wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_Moresnet

Interesting, but I don't see why anyone would bother learning Esperanto when they could learn just learn Spanish instead.

I haven't researched it. But from what I've heard, Esperanto is much easier to learn than a so-called 'natural language' because it was designed to maximize efficiency and ease of learning - consistent grammar (not exceptions), phonetic spelling, no synonyms, etc. From a time point of view, it probably requires a much smaller commitment from a new learner than any other European language.

Unless its some sort of hobby or academic interest, choosing a language to invest in learning should be based on practical considerations - how it will benefit you socially or in career. If Russian girls are your long-term target over other girls, then it might make sense to learn Russian. If you are interested in the Spanish speaking world, which is quite extensive by the way (another important consideration), then Spanish might be worth learning. If you are interested in developing a life in greater Asia, Mandarin (verbal and written) is a good start and will be of at least some benefit in many of the countries in the region. Korean, on the other hand, is very specific to just one country.

Language learning is hard and time consuming for most people. Choose carefully keeping the practical aspects in mind.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby odbo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:16 am

fine I will go to university of esperanto in san marino and pick up girls there
aka Academy of Sciences San Marino. lots of hot engineer girls i'm sure
odbo
Veteran Poster

Return to European Countries