Europe factoid

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Europe factoid

Post by odbo »

Search: Neutral Moresnet

:?
Last edited by odbo on August 7th, 2020, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Europe's best kept secret.

Post by Rock »

LinuxOnly wrote:Finally a place where I can use my Esperanto pick-up lines!!

Amikejo or "Neutral Moresnet"

Image Image
1. Do you speak fluent Esperanto?

2. How can you use your Esperanto pick-up lines there? It was absorbed by Belgium many decades ago. Are there any groups of people in that region who still use the language?
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_Moresnet

Interesting, but I don't see why anyone would bother learning Esperanto when they could learn just learn Spanish instead.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Jackal wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_Moresnet

Interesting, but I don't see why anyone would bother learning Esperanto when they could learn just learn Spanish instead.
I haven't researched it. But from what I've heard, Esperanto is much easier to learn than a so-called 'natural language' because it was designed to maximize efficiency and ease of learning - consistent grammar (not exceptions), phonetic spelling, no synonyms, etc. From a time point of view, it probably requires a much smaller commitment from a new learner than any other European language.

Unless its some sort of hobby or academic interest, choosing a language to invest in learning should be based on practical considerations - how it will benefit you socially or in career. If Russian girls are your long-term target over other girls, then it might make sense to learn Russian. If you are interested in the Spanish speaking world, which is quite extensive by the way (another important consideration), then Spanish might be worth learning. If you are interested in developing a life in greater Asia, Mandarin (verbal and written) is a good start and will be of at least some benefit in many of the countries in the region. Korean, on the other hand, is very specific to just one country.

Language learning is hard and time consuming for most people. Choose carefully keeping the practical aspects in mind.