Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Rome: A beautiful city!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Rome: A beautiful city!

Postby stravelcostia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:56 am

Rome can be an overwhelming destination as there is simply so much to see and do there. With such a surplus of stunning architecture, it can be impossible to choose the definitive itinerary. My advice would be to visit the Trevi fountain. It has mythical as well as aesthetic appeal - the central figure is Neptune in his chariot. Legend has it that if you throw a coin into the water you will be sure to visit Rome again. There are plenty of cafes surrounding the fountain where you can relax over an ice-cream or Italian coffee.

hope u too like the place..

atenas costa rica
manuel antonio national park
Freshman Poster

Postby Think Different » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Another frickin' troll....

And Rome is a filthy, corrupt city. I can think of hundreds of other places in Italy that are better to visit and more tourist friendly.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Postby odbo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:38 am

ya, and aren't in proximity of satan's whorehouse! (the vatican)
Veteran Poster

Postby MrPeabody » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:58 am

I was in Rome last year and enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed walking through the Roman Forum, because of my interest in ancient history. Rome is also a fun city to spend a day walking through the endless narrow alley ways leading into piazzas. One caution - if you plan on going to the Vatican library, you now have to get tickets in advance before you even leave your country.
Experienced Poster

Postby gsjackson » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:15 am

I was pretty much blown away by the historical impact of Rome. Of course, I took five years of Latin in school, and was voted Caesar at the Latin Club Saturnalia, so it was in some ways like a return to adolescence. I also thought it was a beautiful city. This is just a one-day impression, though, as part of a Mediterranean cruise. Unfortunately, the place is too expensive to investigate to any great extent. And if you go, be sure not to eat at Vatican Square -- major tourist rip-off.
Experienced Poster

Postby ladislav » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:51 am

Been there. A nice place to visit. Do not expect to get dates there from Italian girls, though. It is a good place for a woman to go looking for guys, not for a man. So enjoy the sites, the food and get out as fast as you can.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Elite Upper Class Poster

immigration to canada

Postby abroaduni » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Oh,Thank you very much for providing us this very nice information about this beautiful city,Rome.I have heard a lot about Italy,but never visited there.I used to think about Rome before that,there might have several attractions to see.And now your info make me sure about it.I really would like to visit there at least once...

immigration to canada
Freshman Poster

Postby xiongmao » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Went there - it's a great city but I got ripped off and my colleague's wife got her bag slashed on the metro.

I hate all these travel niche spammers as well!
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
Veteran Poster

Return to European Countries