My Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do? Do I need a CPAP machine?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 7:23 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
February 21st, 2019, 2:24 pm
CBD oil is said to be good for easing sleep apnea. It is generally legal in the US, but since it is a derivitive of the marijuana plant it might not be in many places abroad however.

Most CBD in the USA has no (or extremely little) THC in it so there is no "high" associated with it.
What does CBD oil stand for? Where do i get it? And how do i use it for sleep apnea? Is it available in online health stores? What is THC?
CBD oil is Cannabidiol which is the medicinal part of Marijuana extracted from the leaves and stalks of the plant. THC is the psycho-active chemical in marijuana that makes you "high." You can get CBD oil with all the THC removed, or with only 0.03% (the legal limit) of THC. Some studies show that that negligible amount of THC enables the CBD oil to be more effective than without the THC. And again, the 0.03% of THC is not enough to

There are many CBD oil shops sprouting up all over the United States. But you can also order it on Amazon or eBay, though of unknown qualilty. I tend to like American Shamen brand.

For sleep apnea, a half dropper full of CBD oil under the tongue 30 minutes before sleeping is said to relax the muscles that give rise to sleep apnea.

The issue with CBD is the danger of traveling abroad with it. Some countries might consider CBD oil to be illegal and that would not be good.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Do you guys think this plastic gadget will work? It pulls the tongue forward during sleep to prevent sleep apnea blockage in the throat caused by the tongue coiling back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Snoring-T ... XtDUS#rwid

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sleep-Apnea-Ai ... SwHF1cNAih

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

February 27th, 2019, 8:27 pm
Winston wrote:
CBD oil is said to be good for easing sleep apnea. It is generally legal in the US, but since it is a derivitive of the marijuana plant it might not be in many places abroad however.

Most CBD in the USA has no (or extremely little) THC in it so there is no "high" associated with it.
What does CBD oil stand for? Where do i get it? And how do i use it for sleep apnea? Is it available in online health stores? What is THC?
CBD oil is Cannabidiol which is the medicinal part of Marijuana extracted from the leaves and stalks of the plant. THC is the psycho-active chemical in marijuana that makes you "high." You can get CBD oil with all the THC removed, or with only 0.03% (the legal limit) of THC. Some studies show that that negligible amount of THC enables the CBD oil to be more effective than without the THC. And again, the 0.03% of THC is not enough to

There are many CBD oil shops sprouting up all over the United States. But you can also order it on Amazon or eBay, though of unknown qualilty. I tend to like American Shamen brand.

For sleep apnea, a half dropper full of CBD oil under the tongue 30 minutes before sleeping is said to relax the muscles that give rise to sleep apnea.

The issue with CBD is the danger of traveling abroad with it. Some countries might consider CBD oil to be illegal and that would not be good.
I can't find it on iherb.com though. See here:

https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=Cannabidiol
https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=CBD%20oil
https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=cannibis%20oil

Can you give me a link to it on Amazon or Ebay?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

The above contraption looks very uncomfortable. Would you be able to get to sleep with it in? You would probably just pop it out so you could get to sleep then begin snoring again.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 6:25 am
February 27th, 2019, 8:27 pm
Winston wrote:

I can't find it on iherb.com though. See here:

https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=CBD%20oil
https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=cannibis%20oil

Can you give me a link to it on Amazon or Ebay?
Amazon and Ebay only have versions of CBD Isolate, not the full spectrum (aka whole plant) cannnibinoids that you need because full spectrum contain trace amounts of THC but not enough for you to feel any high from it, just a theraputic amount. Some companies I trust are:

https://cbdamericanshaman.com/search?

https://purekana.com/collections/cbd-oils/

The top link you cited has full spectrum cannibinoid oil of which CBD is just one of more than one hundred. In my research, CDB isolate is difficult to dose properly because too much or too little for your body make-up make it far less effective. However, the full spectrum cannibinoid oil in your top link creates something called the "entourage effect" which means the combined interactions of all the cannibinoids render it more effective and finding proper dosing for you as an individual is far less difficult. Half a tuncture stopper dose or a whole one would give substantial benefit unlike with the CBD isolate oil which has to be more exact.

Again, hemp plant cannibinoids will not cure your sleep apnea, they just tend to relax neck muscles to give temporary relief. You still need to lose substantial fat in your body and the only way you can do that effectively is with getting your T levels back to about 1000, or similar to what they were when you were in your 30's.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

CE,
Aren't these oils the same as CDB oil? I tried this throat spray product formulated to stop snoring, which contains many essential oils too, but it didn't stop my snoring or sleep apnea.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Essential-Heal ... 9-ml/22460
Aqua, Polysorbate 20, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf (Pine Needle) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Oil. Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil, Pistacia Lentiscus (Mastic) Gum Oil, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Oil, Citric Acid, Sucralose.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
March 29th, 2019, 11:01 am
CE,
Aren't these oils the same as CDB oil? I tried this throat spray product formulated to stop snoring, which contains many essential oils too, but it didn't stop my snoring or sleep apnea.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Essential-Heal ... 9-ml/22460
Aqua, Polysorbate 20, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf (Pine Needle) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Oil. Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil, Pistacia Lentiscus (Mastic) Gum Oil, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Oil, Citric Acid, Sucralose.
Not even close. Cannibinoids are derived from (medical marijuana) and it none of the herb-based stuff above has any of the muscle relaxant properties of legal, full spectrum cannibinoids.

Order the bottle in the first link you provided above, triple your testosterone levels so you can start losing weight again, and call it a day. This is not rocket science.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

March 29th, 2019, 11:43 am
Order the bottle in the first link you provided above, triple your testosterone levels so you can start losing weight again, and call it a day. This is not rocket science.
Which link? You mean this one?

This is the only item that shows up:

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Trace-Minerals ... 0-ml/86297

Is that it? Hemp extract? What's that? A small bottle costs $52?

I guess so.
Question: Is this full spectrum Cannabidiol ?
Potency : 600 mg
Posted by iHerb Customer on March 29 2019 Report
Answer This Question
Answer(s):
Yes

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 29 2019

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check this out. What do you guys think of this mini CPAP gadget? It's only $12 with free shipping. Sounds too good to be true. Can sleep apnea be resolved that cheaply and easily?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Snore-Dev ... ctupt=true

It looks like it has a switch where you turn it on and recharge with a USB cable. Does that only purify the air you breath? Or does it insert air flow into your throat too? It's not clear.

HOW IT WORKS:
Our anti snore nasal dilator stop snoring nose vents anti snoring devices are inserted into your nose and help you breathe through your nose. They are an anti-snoring aid that is used to dilate your nostrils, and in turn, help you breathe more soundly as you sleep. They were created to reduce nasal congestion and blockage as you sleep.

Wow it's only $12 with free shipping too! Can sleep apnea really be resolved that cheaply and easily? Sounds too good to be true. What do you all think?

I guess since it's so cheap, it won't hurt to order it and try it out anyway.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 2:36 pm
March 29th, 2019, 11:43 am
Which link? You mean this one?

This is the only item that shows up:

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Trace-Minerals ... 0-ml/86297

Is that it? Hemp extract? What's that? A small bottle costs $52?

I guess so.
Question: Is this full spectrum Cannabidiol ?
Potency : 600 mg
Posted by iHerb Customer on March 29 2019 Report
Answer This Question
Answer(s):
Yes

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 29 2019
Please disregard everything I suggested about CBD for sleep apnea! I still think full spectrum cannibinoids with CBD is good for a variety of issues, but sleep apnea is one I had to rethink.

I would highly advise you to consult with a Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor so he/she can order an at home sleep test for you. It can be done overnight and it will determine whether or not you have it. If you do, a CPAP machine (in lieu of surgery) must be used every night.

Once you resolve it, you will find that:

-Your blood pressure will stabilize
-You will shed extra pounds of fat
-You will have more energy throughout the day
-You mental processes will sharpen
-Your body's reparative functions will improve with normal sleep

That is what I would suggest for you because CBD might actually cause sleep apnea to worsen if it is the type that relaxes the rear of your tongue at night too much.

Pay the full medical costs on this one Winston. Because untreated Sleep Apnea is a literal killer! It is likely a major factor in your high blood pressure and your inability to lose visceral fat.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on May 7th, 2019, 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

This is what you want:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I agree CE. Sleep apnea is life threatening. Some have died from it, including professional athletes who were not fat.

But how come when I was in the Philippines, I saw a CPAP machine at a mall in a medical store for foreign expats, for nearly $2,000? Then here in Taiwan, when I went to a doctor, he told me that in Taiwan too, it will cost nearly $2,000. He said it's cheaper to get it in America where you can get one for $400.

What I don't get is: If sleep apnea is a life threatening condition, then why is the only remedy - a CPAP machine - so expensive and available only to the rich? Shouldn't it be affordable to everyone, if it's a serious life threatening ailment? Plus it seems common too. A lot of fat and even average weight men have told me that they have sleep apnea too, though not always as severe as mine is. So what do people usually do if they have sleep apnea and they are not rich? What are they expected to do? I don't get it.

Wouldn't that be like making diabetes medicine super expensive and only available to the rich? lol

I also don't get why a simple machine like this, which is far less complex and sophisticated than a laptop, and only blows out air, would cost so much. It doesn't make sense and isn't logical. Is it all due to greed? How do they get away with it?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Found some CPAP and Auto CPAP machines on Ebay for 200 to 400 dollars. What do you think? I PMed the sellers and they said yes, you can use them without a doctor's supervision. But I don't know if customs will let these machines in without a doctor's prescription though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254224597343

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisher-Paykel- ... 3472456790

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ResMed-Airsens ... 3502355761

cjig
Freshman Poster

Post by cjig »

CBD can reduce anxiety, which can help reduce sleep problems and improve the quality of sleep. According to studies, CBD may boost general sleep and believed to decrease insomnia in individuals suffering from chronic pain. Here is a Nuleaf Naturals review that you can scan through to learn more about CBD oils.
raingirl
Freshman Poster

Post by raingirl »

Winston wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 6:22 am
Do you guys think this plastic gadget will work? It pulls the tongue forward during sleep to prevent sleep apnea blockage in the throat caused by the tongue coiling back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti Snoring-Tongue-Device-Silicone-Sleep-Apnea-Aid-Stop-Snore

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sleep-Apnea-Ai ... SwHF1cNAih

Hello! English is not my main language, I'm sorry if I make mistakes, I use Google translator)) I have a little story about my sister. We live together with her for the last couple of months and she snores very much. As we speak Russian, it snores like a tractor))) We recently moved and for the time being we rent a small studio apartment and sometimes it snores so that it wakes me up at night. More precisely, it was before. At first we bought her some nose plugs, but they didn’t work at all, I also woke up several times a night. But then we read reviews on Amazon and decided to take just such a thing as on your photos. And this is the best 20 dollars that I spent lately) Maybe snoring and did not pass at all, but I sleep beside and do not wake up at all. In general, if you or your neighbor snore, I recommend this thing, it really works!