My Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do? Do I need a CPAP machine?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by Winston »

Starchild,
This isn't about snoring. It's about sleep apnea. That means I can't breathe when I sleep. It deprives my brain and heart of oxygen. When my throat muscles relax when I sleep, it narrows the air passageway and blocks air. I also need to breathe harder because my pot belly is bigger. This is a lot more of a serious matter than just snoring. Do you have any herbal treatments for sleep apnea? What is Ayurvedic medicine?

I wonder why mother nature or evolution would create sleep apnea? What's the point or evolutionary advantage of it? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
It looks like these CPAP machines are available in the Philippines, but they start at 25,000 pesos. Wow. That's like 500 dollars and up. Why are they so expensive? They look like a cheap piece of plastic.

https://www.olx.ph/all-results/q-cpap-machine/

Also what about these nose clips and head gears on Ebay that claim to stop snoring? Would any of them help?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Snore-Nose ... SwgmJXybCk

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stop-Snoring-An ... SwxcRW8puO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Anti-Snoring- ... SwT5tWOZhe

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stop-Snoring-Ch ... SwubRXDxMN
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
YourTrustedAdvisor
Freshman Poster

Post by YourTrustedAdvisor »

Winston wrote:Starchild,
This isn't about snoring. It's about sleep apnea. That means I can't breathe when I sleep. It deprives my brain and heart of oxygen. When my throat muscles relax when I sleep, it narrows the air passageway and blocks air. I also need to breathe harder because my pot belly is bigger. This is a lot more of a serious matter than just snoring.

You're eating too much honey, that's the problem! :lol:

Nah, just joking lol

Have you been following my 100% fail-proof solution for losing weight, Winnie?

It is ABSOLUTELY, beyond a shadow of a doubt, guaranteed to work!! No kidding!!! REALLY!!!!!!!!!

~ YourTrustedAdvisor

El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

500 bucks? It sounds worth it to me, if it can help with the problem.
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Winston, have you checked if you have allergies or sinus problems? Sinus will make you snore due to a clogged nasal passage. When I moved to the highveld in winter I started having headaches and sinus. Very dry air in winter (humidity below 20%), and lots of pollen from grasses that I wasn't used to so your nasal cavities dry out. Never had it as a youth or young man. In asia I doubt dry air is an issue, but other things may cause clogged sinus. If you were not born is asia and di not grow up with the pollens, as you age your body may not accept them so well and lock them up in your sinus. I didn't feel my nose was clogged or anything. You don't even notice. But once they are cleared it is instant relief.

Try white people's hot mustard (like hot english mustard), japanese wasabe paste, or something more PC for chinese that clears sinuses :lol: If you sleep well that night you will know.

For me, wasabe feels like a hot poker melted out my sinuses :lol: Far more potent than horseradish. Indian curry just makes me sweat :lol: I can stick my finger into hot mustard and eat it like that. The Jap wasabe, is a harder nut for me to crack; like some jap samurai did a kamikaze in my sinus and survived to do a hara kiri for himself and my nose :lol: Hard core stuff.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston,

Sleep apnea is a condition in which one stops breathing briefly, while asleep It occurs due to a blockage in the respiratory tract.

SYMPTOMS

Bad sleep
Waking up gasping for breath
Snoring
Dry throat
Headache on waking up

--------------------------------------------------

SIMPLE TECHNIQUES from Ayurveda..Ancient Indian Medicine...

Natural home remedy using black pepper and honey

Black pepper is useful in treating respiratory blockages

Take 1 glass hot water
Add 1 tsp black pepper powder
Add 1 tsp honey
Mix well
Sip it hot before sleeping

Natural home remedy using cinnamon powder

Take 3 tsp cinnamon powder
Add to 1 glass hot water
Mix well
Drink once during the day

Natural home remedy using cinnamon powder

Take 3 tsp cinnamon powder
Add 1 tsp water and make paste
Apply on the forehead and chest
This helps open blocked passages
TIPS

Consume onions as they have anti-inflammatory properties
Have 4-5 walnuts every day

-------------------------

http://www.homeveda.com/Natural-Remedie ... leep-Apnea

--------------------------

Just do the Cinnamon or Pepper thing...I'm sure you will get it in Taiwan.

You see the scammers are out to scam you and milk your money and waste your parents time.

This whole process is a scam designed by the AI to milk not only your money but energy as well. Don't call and waste your energy and complain, that's what this AI wants you to do.

Instead, FOCUS on CURE...Go to Super Market and Get Pepper or Cinnamon and get cured while on the move and help humanity along the way...

This AI wants you to suffer...

It LOVES TO CREATE A MESS AROUND YOUR LIFE...Which is exactly what I thought...YOU ARE IN A MESS with this whole thingy BY DESIGN.

-----------------------------

Diseases are REALLY NOT A BIG DEAL....They make it a BIG deal to impact your Psychology ..Its a PSY-OP

Just do the above remedy for one week or so and be cured FOREVER..The keyword is MOVING ON From the MESS...
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I'm surprised you didn't recommend Tulsi :)
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:Rock,
It looks like these CPAP machines are available in the Philippines, but they start at 25,000 pesos. Wow. That's like 500 dollars and up. Why are they so expensive? They look like a cheap piece of plastic.
Here's a machine for under $10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Skippin ... Swv0tVTG6p
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

droid wrote:I'm surprised you didn't recommend Tulsi :)
He is not taking it, else he would not have all these "BIG" problems in the first place :lol: :lol: but the remedies offered would do... 8)

The Jews first attack is on our Psyche...Winston problems are really nothing but they have to create this huge drama around it with multiple test and saying..He lost 17 seconds of breath...just for maximum effect, else how would they convince him to buy a 2000 dollar made in china 10 cents worth plastic mask :mrgreen:

They made sure, Winston parents knows ...Their son lost 17 seconds of breath and that his life was on the edge...for Maximum emotional draining.

Even Cancer, Tumor, Autism is NOT BIG disease...Its just due to imbalance in your body ..its called Dosha in Sanskrit.

All a herb does is balance your body.

Can you imagine the amount of good vibes you will have in your body...When you have no fear of any disease ever....The Jews don't want that..do they :lol:

The entire western civilization is crippled due to this BIG disease syndrome. Its really a PSY-OP.

No human being had ever a BIG disease... :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
I called the hospital sleep center the other day. The lady there denied ever telling us that the insurance would cover the sleep apnea machine. Then I told her that we spoke to the chubby girl with glasses. So she went to ask her and she denied it too. I think they are telling us a white lie. She probably knows that the chubby girl with glasses messed up but doesn't want to take responsibility for it. So she's covering up for her. Typical. Taiwanese don't care about the truth. Truth has no value in Taiwan, only face and image matter. She gave me an email to reach Dr. Wang though to complain.

Rock, was it Dr. Wang or the chubby girl with glasses that told you that? Can you remember specifically? I told the lady on the phone that you are a smart man and would not misunderstand something like this. Therefore, someone MUST have misinformed us. She kept denying it though. Stupid. What do you do when someone keeps denying their mistake? It must happen all the time in the Philippines. lol. I guess sometimes it happens in Taiwan too.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, there was a terrible typhoon here in Taiwan yesterday. The power kept going out, which sucks here because without fans, the house becomes very hot. And if you open the window, then rainwater comes in. So it's a no win situation. Plus there aren't enough windows so the house gets dark easily without lights, even in daytime. Stupid design. US homes tend to have lots of windows so that you don't need to turn on any lights in the daytime. Then at night the power went out all night and never came back til the next day. It was hard to sleep without a fan, and if I opened the window, the rain would come in through the net screen and damage the wooden floors, which my parents disallow. The air in Asia sucks. It's so hot, humid, icky, sticky and slimy. It doesn't refresh you or energize you like the air in the US and Canada does.

I never knew a typhoon could cause so much trouble. There's been other typhoons before, but this one was the nastiest I've seen in years. To make matters worse, the third floor bedroom, where my parents sleep was flooded with water, which then seeped down the stairs to the first floor. It was a big mess. The reason the third floor was flooded was because the balcony attached to it was flooded with rainwater. Usually there is a drainage sinkhole there that drains the water. But the sinkhole was blocked and covered up by STUPID LEAVES! That's what caused the flooding and overflow. So because of a bunch of stupid leaves, the whole house flooded! It was a mess. My parents and I spent hours trying to wipe up the water in the bedroom and shoveling it outside in the balcony. It took up all afternoon and evening.

When we were almost done drying up the floor, the power went out again and left us in pitch dark. My parents were afraid to move or go downstairs in pitch dark. So I had to do it carefully, one step at a time, feeling every next step by putting my foot out in front to feel where the next step down was. Doing that, I made my way downstairs and got my smart phone and turned on the flashlight on it. Then went upstairs to provide light so my parents could go downstairs and light candles and cook with the gas stove. It was such a mess. Taiwanese houses are not built well for light. In the US, a house does not get pitch black dark like that. There is always some moonlight that comes through the windows, even during a power outage.

I've never seen a typhoon cause such a mess and so much problems. Now my parents are tired and their joints and muscles are aching. There is a tenet in Murphy's Law that says, "Nature always sides with the hidden flaw" which seems to be true. Remember the Titanic? It had some hidden flaw too, which nature exploited. lol. In our case, when leaves covered up the drainage sinkhole on the balcony, nature exploited it by flooding the balcony and then the house. If it couldn't get through the first floor because of adequate drainage sinkholes outside, then it found a way in through the balcony. lol. It's another Murphy's Law I guess.

Also, a tree in the front yard was blown down too. I'm not sure how we are going to replant it and stake it back up. I'm not good at that sort of thing.

Fortunately, for working people in Taiwan, they had the day off yesterday due to the nasty typhoon so they weren't required to go to work. The typhoon did a lot of damage to other homes and buildings in Taiwan too. It's all over the news here now.

El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

That Typhoon was powerful, shit was blowing all over the place here in Taipei. I think three million houses had power cuts and four people died. I hear you on the air quality, the drop in the barometer screwed me up something terrible. I had the pressure headache from hell. Also I lost about 180 bucks because if I don't work I don't get paid. Is it common to get sick from a drop in atmospheric pressure? I'm just so glad it's over. I've gone through floods in Indonesia and China, Hurricanes in NZ, but this Typhoon really seemed to do something weird to the air. Even today the weather is calm, but the air feels heavy and I can't seem to get enough oxygen.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

El_Caudillo wrote:That Typhoon was powerful, shit was blowing all over the place here in Taipei. I think three million houses had power cuts and four people died. I hear you on the air quality, the drop in the barometer screwed me up something terrible. I had the pressure headache from hell. Also I lost about 180 bucks because if I don't work I don't get paid. Is it common to get sick from a drop in atmospheric pressure? I'm just so glad it's over. I've gone through floods in Indonesia and China, Hurricanes in NZ, but this Typhoon really seemed to do something weird to the air. Even today the weather is calm, but the air feels heavy and I can't seem to get enough oxygen.
I would imagine a lot more than 3 million houses would have power outages. Power outages always accompany typhoons here. Did your apartment have any power outages?

I didn't know that the air pressure had dropped. Did it? Yeah there was something gloomy about this typhoon though. It was like it had some evil dark energy attached to it. Maybe it's a force created by demons or dark forces, as Adama and Starchild would say. lol. It brought bad luck too. Flooded our house due to murphy's law of leaves blocking the sinkhole.

You make 180 USD per day? Wow you are killing it. You shouldn't be concerned about losing money though. I thought you were an intellectual freethinker? You are supposed to seek knowledge and wisdom as your "soul food", not money. Why you so money hungry? lol

I do know that a drop in temperature can make you sick though, especially your stomach. Because your body has to quickly adjust to a new temperature.

Btw, last night while I tried to sleep without fan or air conditioning, I read on my Kindle device, Thomas Paine's "Age of Reason". You would like it. It's so eloquently written. And it made me realize that people in the 1700's were more educated in some ways, because they had such a vast range of vocabulary and used many words that are never used today, though they still exist in the biggest English dictionaries.

El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

I didn't know that the air pressure had dropped. Did it? Yeah there was something gloomy about this typhoon though. It was like it had some evil dark energy attached to it. Maybe it's a force created by demons or dark forces, as Adama and Starchild would say. lol. It brought bad luck too. Flooded our house due to murphy's law of leaves blocking the sinkhole.

You make 180 USD per day? Wow you are killing it. You shouldn't be concerned about losing money though. I thought you were an intellectual freethinker? You are supposed to seek knowledge and wisdom as your "soul food", not money. Why you so money hungry? lol
You are a loss to the 1700s with your demons and Murphy's Law. Yes, the Typhoon did have a negative energy, which had me in bed all day. Whether it was demons or low pressure the end result was the same. When Lawrence of Arabia explained how a telescope worked to nomadic tribesmen in Arabia, they said it was a pointless device - was the point of seeing more stars beyond the stars we can already see.

I certainly don't make 180 USD a day. We had two days off for the typhoon in Taipei. I work some days more than others, Tuesday was going to be a lucrative one, today not so much. I have lived nearly all of my adult life paycheque to paycheque and as of next Friday I don't have job at all! I don't really feel it necessary to affirm my position as an intellectual freethinker, it seems a given, if I get any further far out I'll be flying into space like and aeroplane that doesn't dip its nose travelling over a flat earth lol.

Yes certainly the English of the 18th and 19th centuries was more rich. Have you read Thomas De Quincy's 'Confessions of an English Opium Eater', the length of his sentences and depth of his vocab are a mindfuck.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:Rock,

Also what about these nose clips and head gears on Ebay that claim to stop snoring? Would any of them help?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Snore-Nose ... SwgmJXybCk

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stop-Snoring-An ... SwxcRW8puO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Anti-Snoring- ... SwT5tWOZhe

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stop-Snoring-Ch ... SwubRXDxMN
CPAP machines are expensive because of the rigorous standards they have to be built to- if they malfunction, it could do serious harm to a sleeping individual. So they need extremely high quality internal parts and circuits that are guaranteed to not fail for ten years or more (depending on local laws).

All of those over devices will mask scoring, but will not actually cure the apnea- the periods of breathing cessation you suffer while trying to sleep. In fact, many of them accomplish this by forcing your mouth closed or restricting your breathing in another manner (the exception being nose strips, which do nothing for apnea but are great for people with stuffy noises or traumatic nasal deformities but completely useless in all regards for sleep apnea) such as closing your jaw, which forces you to breathe through your upper airway that is already falling you (humans generally are obligate nasal breathers when sleeping, and only breathe through their mouths when their nasal passages are obstructed, their muscles are excessively relaxed by alcohol or drugs, or they are not getting enough oxygen because of airway compression). They not only carry a risk of worsening your sleep apnea, but of literally killing you (chin strap scoring devices are particularly dangerous, and have been linked to increased cardiac events while sleeping).

So, while none of this is medical advice and it's all just lay information, here's my advice- maybe you should either lose a substantial amount of weight or get a CPAP as your doctor advised. Because sleep apnea will kill your heart and brain- buy a wireless pulse oximeter that can track desats if you don't believe it, I'm sure China sells them.