Update: WE ARE BACK ONLINE! The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. If there are any problems or issues, please report them in the announcement thread. Note: Unfortunately I was not able to import the posts made after the crash (on Sept 18) into the restored forum. However, I exported all the posts submitted after the crash into a Word file, so you can download it, find your posts and re-post them. Download the posts here. Thanks for your patience and welcome back everyone!



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 28278
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by Winston » July 29th, 2019, 10:57 pm

Check this out. I have a theory that acid reflux and GERD may be related or connected to sleep apnea, so I Googled my question and it turns out that many medical experts agree with me. Especially since they have a high correlation, with those having one usually having the other as well. They also say that CPAP machines which alleviate sleep apnea may also reduce acid reflux too. If so, then in theory treating one of them may help treat the other. See the links below.

https://www.sleepapnea.org/acid-reflux-gerd-sleep/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2879818/

https://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/ne ... ea-related

http://sleepeducation.org/news/2016/10/ ... cid-reflux

https://www.healthline.com/health/gerd/ ... sleep#wait

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 080008.htm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25173794/

https://aasm.org/study-finds-that-cpap- ... eep-apnea/

http://jcsm.aasm.org/ViewAbstract.aspx? ... 1564434960

https://badgut.org/information-centre/a ... ease-gerd/

https://www.cheapcpapsupplies.com/blog/ ... id-reflux/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 28278
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by Winston » November 11th, 2019, 5:21 am

Need some advice or help guys. I found some affordable good CPAP machines on Ebay but I don't know which one to choose. The specs look so complicated. Here are the ones I am considering that I added to my Ebay Watch List. This is a big purchase decision so I can't just choose one frivolously. I need to know what I am doing. Any advice? Here are the ones I'm considering.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOYEAH-CPAP-Ve ... 3763580610

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-CPAP-Mach ... 3800473298

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMC-Auto-CPAP- ... 3800507148

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Resmed-S10-Fix ... 3317774385

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMC-Portable-C ... 3866244513

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183800473298?s ... Track=true
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
He6o
Freshman Poster
Posts: 1
Joined: November 12th, 2019, 2:35 am

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by He6o » November 12th, 2019, 2:43 am

I would strongly recommend against buying used medical equipment. Hard telling what disease contaminated dust might have been floating around in the air that the machine was operating in previously.. which then the machine is blowing into you all night, every night.

The CPAP that I worked with (Resmed S9 vPAP auto) had two menus; one basic menu for the patient, and one extensive menu for the clinician that required a special button combination to access. So I would recommend making sure that your clinician is willing/able to configure whichever CPAP you chose.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 28278
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by Winston » November 12th, 2019, 7:11 am

He6o wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 2:43 am
I would strongly recommend against buying used medical equipment. Hard telling what disease contaminated dust might have been floating around in the air that the machine was operating in previously.. which then the machine is blowing into you all night, every night.

The CPAP that I worked with (Resmed S9 vPAP auto) had two menus; one basic menu for the patient, and one extensive menu for the clinician that required a special button combination to access. So I would recommend making sure that your clinician is willing/able to configure whichever CPAP you chose.
Are you sure? Isnt it common sense that all these machines for sale would be properly cleaned first before selling? I mean that goes without saying usually. I would hate a machine that only allows a clinician to operate. I thought an auto CPAP machine does it all automatically?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3541
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 12th, 2019, 9:11 am

I cannot believe you are not using a CPAP machine yet! If you have untreated sleep apnea, you are begging for an early death. Forgive my bluntness, but sleep apnea creates havoc in the body’s reparative symptoms and in the mind.

Last year, I discovered that I had high blood pressure which was strange since I do cardio often. My doctor ordered an at home study test and it was discovered that I had a pretty severe case of it!

I purchased a portable Resmed AirMini for travelers, and my high blood pressure was cured literally overnight. Had I not had that treated, I would likely be dead right now from a stroke or heart attack.

Untreated sleep apnea means you are literally dying inside because the body is long term prevented from important REM sleep and the gasping for air at night is depriving the body of oxygen therapy causing the blood pressure to spike.

The CPAP therapy also caused me to start shedding extra fat that I could not get rid of and now I am in great health.

I do not know your financial situation, but I implore you to fly have a physician conduct an at home sleep study analysis so your Apnea Hypoapnea Index can be determined. At that point, the doctor can prescribe the proper treatment settings for the machine.

The AirMini by Resmed is the only way to go because you don’t want to be without a CPAP when you travel away from home!

I know it will be expensive, but it is worth it because you’ll live longer, normalize your blood pressure, lose weight, and regain tip top cognitive function.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 28278
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by Winston » November 12th, 2019, 2:47 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 9:11 am
I cannot believe you are not using a CPAP machine yet! If you have untreated sleep apnea, you are begging for an early death. Forgive my bluntness, but sleep apnea creates havoc in the body’s reparative symptoms and in the mind.

Last year, I discovered that I had high blood pressure which was strange since I do cardio often. My doctor ordered an at home study test and it was discovered that I had a pretty severe case of it!

I purchased a portable Resmed AirMini for travelers, and my high blood pressure was cured literally overnight. Had I not had that treated, I would likely be dead right now from a stroke or heart attack.

Untreated sleep apnea means you are literally dying inside because the body is long term prevented from important REM sleep and the gasping for air at night is depriving the body of oxygen therapy causing the blood pressure to spike.

The CPAP therapy also caused me to start shedding extra fat that I could not get rid of and now I am in great health.

I do not know your financial situation, but I implore you to fly have a physician conduct an at home sleep study analysis so your Apnea Hypoapnea Index can be determined. At that point, the doctor can prescribe the proper treatment settings for the machine.

The AirMini by Resmed is the only way to go because you don’t want to be without a CPAP when you travel away from home!

I know it will be expensive, but it is worth it because you’ll live longer, normalize your blood pressure, lose weight, and regain tip top cognitive function.
Well werent u the one who kept suggesting i use castor oil first?

I dont understand something. U got diagnosed with high blood pressure but not sleep apnea and then u got put on a CPAP machine? Usually they give u high blood pressure medication if u get diagnosed with high blood pressure. So WTF?

Did u get diagnosed with sleep apnea too? How? I thought ur slim and in shape. Not overweight. Why would you have that?

Excuse me but only well off people can afford a CPAP machine. It costs a lot more than a mac laptop. How do poor people or those with little spare cash treat their sleep apnea then if its a life threatening condition? Isnt a life saving device supposed to be affordable? If not why isnt the public outraged about it? Why isnt this injustice on the news?

What does a resmed airmini look like? Is it travel sized?

What about the CPAP machines on ebay above? Which one should i get? Thats the question.

Yes i have done a sleep study before at a sleep lab in taiwan at a hospital. I still have the documents. They said i can either lose weight or get a CPAP machine, as though losing weight were as easy as a simple choice of a button. Lol. And my body of course would cooperate fully.

I dont choke always when i sleep. I just snore loudly. So im not sure if im deprived of REM sleep. Most of the time i feel great. Not unhealthy. I also take top supplements too. So i feel healthy and wonderful most of the time.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3541
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 12th, 2019, 3:30 pm

Winston wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 2:47 pm
Well werent u the one who kept suggesting i use castor oil first?
No. I suggested CBP or cannibidiol but that has not yet been proven effective, and it, at best, slightly relieves high blood pressure and sleep apnea along with a host of other heath-improving aspects.
Winston wrote:
I dont understand something. U got diagnosed with high blood pressure but not sleep apnea and then u got put on a CPAP machine? Usually they give u high blood pressure medication if u get diagnosed with high blood pressure. So WTF?
It was all within a 2 month period, so I was on HBP meds a very short time. The sleep apnea discovery was soon after and the CPAP cured it 100%. My blood pressure is better than average now without any meds all because of the CPAP.
Winston wrote:
Did u get diagnosed with sleep apnea too? How? I thought ur slim and in shape. Not overweight. Why would you have that?
I am not slim, but NFL-sized muscular with only 19% body fat. It runs in my family.
Winston wrote:
Excuse me but only well off people can afford a CPAP machine. It costs a lot more than a mac laptop. How do poor people or those with little spare cash treat their sleep apnea then if its a life threatening condition? Isnt a life saving device supposed to be affordable? If not why isnt the public outraged about it? Why isnt this injustice on the news?
I agree. I would borrow the money from family or do something because it is just that important. Sleep apnea is almost epidemic now in among Americans but very few Americans are even aware they have it. Even still, my insurance was only willing to long term rent one so I went ahead and made a purchase of one that suited my travels.
Winston wrote:
What does a resmed airmini look like? Is it travel sized?
Image
I posted it before, but I guess you ignored it.
Winston wrote:
What about the CPAP machines on ebay above? Which one should i get? Thats the question.
Have a physician let you know which is best for your particular type of sleep apnea and he or she can prescribe the level of predesignated airflow right for you.
Winston wrote:
Yes i have done a sleep study before at a sleep lab in taiwan at a hospital. I still have the documents. They said i can either lose weight or get a CPAP machine, as though losing weight were as easy as a simple choice of a button. Lol. And my body of course would cooperate fully.
Horrible advice because sleep apnea PREVENTS you from losing weight.
Winston wrote: I dont choke always when i sleep. I just snore loudly. So im not sure if im deprived of REM sleep. Most of the time i feel great. Not unhealthy. I also take top supplements too. So i feel healthy and wonderful most of the time.
If you have sleep apnea, you are absolutely choking off your breathing airflow at night! You just don't realize it. Also, the constant choking of of airflow absolutely deprives you of REM sleep by interrupting your sleep pattern! You need to do some reading on what effect it has on your body both short term and long term because you seem to not be aware of just how serious it is.

But I am out, because if you don't care about your own health issues enough to learn about them and take appropriate action under the care of a physician, then I have no business weighing in. Go ahead and do what you want. I'm out!

MrMan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2865
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by MrMan » November 12th, 2019, 9:32 pm

I saw an add for a little u-shaped device that looked like it was made out of a solid, clear rubber to go in the noise to prevent snoring. I would imagine that device would only work for a small percentage of cases.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3541
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 13th, 2019, 12:37 am

MrMan wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 9:32 pm
I saw an add for a little u-shaped device that looked like it was made out of a solid, clear rubber to go in the noise to prevent snoring. I would imagine that device would only work for a small percentage of cases.
Sleep apnea is more than just snoring. It is when your STOP BREATHING and therefore the body wakes up repeatedly during the night. When this happens repeatedly, it prevents REM sleep long term and it the stoppages cause your blood pressure to remain high.

A CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure ) machine prevents the breathing stoppages and permits sound sleep so the body can conduct its recuperative and reparative functions as normal. Sleep apnea sufferers break down physically, cognitively, and functionally and they die early unless addressed. Specifically it causes diabetes, heart disease, stroke, blood pressure issues, weight gain, memory issues and excessive daytime sleepiness.

It is being called an epidemic in America and around 18 million Americans suffer from it. The sad thing is, most people don't even know they have it unless a spouse complains of the snoring and/or breathing stoppages.

https://www.healthpartners.com/hp/abou ... demic.html

MrMan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2865
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by MrMan » November 14th, 2019, 4:26 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
November 13th, 2019, 12:37 am
MrMan wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 9:32 pm
I saw an add for a little u-shaped device that looked like it was made out of a solid, clear rubber to go in the noise to prevent snoring. I would imagine that device would only work for a small percentage of cases.
Sleep apnea is more than just snoring. It is when your STOP BREATHING and therefore the body wakes up repeatedly during the night. When this happens repeatedly, it prevents REM sleep long term and it the stoppages cause your blood pressure to remain high.

A CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure ) machine prevents the breathing stoppages and permits sound sleep so the body can conduct its recuperative and reparative functions as normal. Sleep apnea sufferers break down physically, cognitively, and functionally and they die early unless addressed. Specifically it causes diabetes, heart disease, stroke, blood pressure issues, weight gain, memory issues and excessive daytime sleepiness.

It is being called an epidemic in America and around 18 million Americans suffer from it. The sad thing is, most people don't even know they have it unless a spouse complains of the snoring and/or breathing stoppages.

https://www.healthpartners.com/hp/abou ... demic.html
It's a dangerous thing. Some of it may be influenced somewhat by the individual being overweight. That might explain why there is so much of it. But that's not the only factor, of course.

I read an article that said that tooth grinding was a potential symptom also.

But if___for some people__ putting something in to temporarily in their nostrils to open up the breathing passageways to allow more oxygen or something along those lines would allow them to get just that little bit of oxygen they need to stay in the safe zone, it would have to be more comfortable than those darth vader machines. It looks like it would be hard to sleep in one of those.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3541
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 16th, 2019, 9:18 pm

MrMan wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 4:26 am
But if___for some people__ putting something in to temporarily in their nostrils to open up the breathing passageways to allow more oxygen or something along those lines would allow them to get just that little bit of oxygen they need to stay in the safe zone, it would have to be more comfortable than those darth vader machines. It looks like it would be hard to sleep in one of those.
Yet again you weigh in on something you are clueless about. This is a very bad habit of yours I have come to expect.

Apnea has nothing to do with the nasal passageway. It is about blockages in the throat, neck and base of the tongue. If people listened to your advice, they would be courting an early death. It is bad enough when you try to give advice to men about marriage, family, and relationships when you were a sexless, adult virgin who had to resort to poaching a desperate local woman in Indonesia just to have some sex. But when you give out harmful advice of the medical variety I have to call your dumb ass out.

MrMan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2865
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by MrMan » November 16th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
November 16th, 2019, 9:18 pm
MrMan wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 4:26 am
But if___for some people__ putting something in to temporarily in their nostrils to open up the breathing passageways to allow more oxygen or something along those lines would allow them to get just that little bit of oxygen they need to stay in the safe zone, it would have to be more comfortable than those darth vader machines. It looks like it would be hard to sleep in one of those.
Yet again you weigh in on something you are clueless about. This is a very bad habit of yours I have come to expect.

Apnea has nothing to do with the nasal passageway. It is about blockages in the throat, neck and base of the tongue. If people listened to your advice, they would be courting an early death. It is bad enough when you try to give advice to men about marriage, family, and relationships when you were a sexless, adult virgin who had to resort to poaching a desperate local woman in Indonesia just to have some sex. But when you give out harmful advice of the medical variety I have to call your dumb ass out.
If you would do a bit of research in the academic literature on the subject, you would see that increasing oxygen through the nose, nasal surgery, etc, can increase oxygen, though the studies I read did not show that doctors were making clinical recommendations for these approaches yet. It probably is helpful for a small percentage but not the larger group. But it might help certain individuals, and it is a very low investment, so you should not poo-poo the idea.

I chose to remain celibate before marriage because I am a Christian. I find a good woman for me, the right one for me to marry, and we got married. Sure, I wanted sex, but I wanted a wife and there was a lot more to it than 'just to have some sex.' You are not one to talk about posting about things he knows little to nothing about. You are not qualified to give advice on marriage. And you constantly post lies about me whenever you post, taking a fact, twisting it, and adding a lie to it. Your posts are often childish like the one above, not worthy of a man of your age. You may be the oldest poster on the forum (not sure about that.) You should try to be more mature.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3541
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 17th, 2019, 12:31 am

MrMan wrote:
November 16th, 2019, 10:09 pm
If you would do a bit of research in the academic literature on the subject, you would see that increasing oxygen through the nose, nasal surgery, etc, can increase oxygen, though the studies I read did not show that doctors were making clinical recommendations for these approaches yet. It probably is helpful for a small percentage but not the larger group. But it might help certain individuals, and it is a very low investment, so you should not poo-poo the idea.
This is what happens with low-IQ people have a little bit of information on a subject, and expand on it to the point where all the wheels fall off.

This thread is about Sleep Apnea, not nasal obstructions or blockages. People who have nasal obstructions can still breath thru their mouths even while they sleep you moron. In case this is still too difficult for you to understand, just try to think of the times when you had 100% nasal congestion due to a cold. You were still able to breath from your mouth at night, right? Now is it a little more understandable for you?

People with sleep apnea have obstructions in their throats and neck due often to the rear of the tongue blocking air flow when they sleep. Your little nostril insert idea is cute and all, but a sleep apnea patient would deteriorate and die if they listened to your ridiculous advice.

Why don't you stick to religious subjects, male virginity advice, living as a tradcuck, or other things you have lived and experienced? Leave the more challenging subjects to people with more sophisticated knowledge than yourself.

MrMan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2865
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by MrMan » November 17th, 2019, 3:13 am

Contrarian,

It's ironic you are posting about black women acting so rudely, and you post like you do. You say you were raised with a lot of verbal abuse. You should consider that it may have warped your interactions with other human beings and how you can change the way you behave. Or I could just hold you to a lower standard.

I said they were selling those nasal devices, and that it might work for a small percentage of the population. I know that sleep apnea is primarily related to the throat. That's why I said if it worked, it would probably be for a small percentage of the population.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3541
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Loud snoring/Sleep apnea problem - What to do?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 17th, 2019, 3:38 am

MrMan wrote:
November 17th, 2019, 3:13 am
Contrarian,

It's ironic you are posting about black women acting so rudely, and you post like you do. You say you were raised with a lot of verbal abuse. You should consider that it may have warped your interactions with other human beings and how you can change the way you behave. Or I could just hold you to a lower standard.

I said they were selling those nasal devices, and that it might work for a small percentage of the population. I know that sleep apnea is primarily related to the throat. That's why I said if it worked, it would probably be for a small percentage of the population.
Dude, you have got to be the dumbest guy on this forum. If there is any standard shifting that needs to take place, it should be me relegating you to the category of those not worth engaging in discussion.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Self-Improvement and Motivational Psychology”