American Football As Ritual Homosexuality

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Here's some things to remember the next time the coach tells you to "take one for the team".

http://www.disinfo.com/2013/02/american ... sexuality/

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

I used to like football as a kid. Then I actually played it. Then I hated football. Coaches were assholes, kids were assholes, I didn't like it at all. As far as the psychoanalysis of it being gay or whatever. Who knows. It's up to the individual person. I find it odd as f**k when people think I'm gay for figure skating. I'm around a bunch of women. Whatever. I know as far as the psychology and gender roles of sports, supposedly in Russia male figure skaters are considered manly. The situation in America is so bad that American girls wanting partners for pair or ice dancing actually will import a Russian male partner because everyone went "hurr durr, don't figure skate, it's for fags" and then told their sons to play football or hockey instead.

One of my main problems I personally have with American football, is it steals lots of athletes away from one of my other favorite sports, Olympic weightlifting. In other countries it's apparently much more popular than America. In America, bodybuilding is most popular, which I guess is fitting for America, as bodybuilding is a vain and narcissistic activity entirely about building your muscles just for the sake of looking cool. Lots of football players, though, do some squatting and Olympic style lifts in practice, and have really good genetics for lifting. One other thing about lifting, too, is it's bloodless. No violence in lifting. But you still get strong. But it's not like football where it's about dominating others. It's about beating yourself. I think it builds a much better character than football does. Also with football, I remember a powerlifter talking about this. He played XFL football. He said a difference with powerlifting compared to football was, it's all you. On a team, if you're not good, you can still hang around and blend in and have a social club so to speak, but with lifting, once you're on the platform, you're alone. I think this scares people, and this is why they don't do sports like that.

So now America's not had a gold medal at least in men's weightlifting since the 1960s, yet we proclaim ourselves to be the strongest country in the world? C'mon. China for example has more registered coaches than America has registered lifters. It seems America, when we stop winning at something, we simply say the other side is cheating/is lame, and then just give up the sport. We did this with motorcycle racing in the 60s and 70s, when the Japanese bikes came on the scene. Harley Davidson just quit racing bikes, and just continued to make the same bike they were making since the 50s and just being like "if you buy a Jap bike, you're just a fag, AMERICA!"

My biggest beef with American sport, though, is how individual sports for the most part, simply aren't cared about here. For a country that prides itself so much on individualism, this is interesting. China broadcasted the entirety of their Olympic weightlifting nationals on CCTV5 with announcers and backstage coverage and everything. For some reason, in America, public investment only goes to team sports. Now, theoretically I'm libertarian, and believe no government money, blah blah. But like, we spend millions and possibly billions every year as a country for sports like high school football and basketball. These sports are subsidized. But what if a kid wants to do gymnastics? Or lifting? Or fencing? Or ice skating (speed or figure skating) His parents have to pay for it. So in America only the rich can play those sports. It seems to teach individual efforts aren't worth anything unless you're on a "team." Really reenforces "herd think" kinda mentality.