Never Marry a Girl With Student Loans

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Never Marry a Girl With Student Loans

Post by Teal Lantern »

Well, that's a start at which kinds not to marry. :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Just drop the last five words of your title and we've got this whole thing solved.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 4th, 2020, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

I believe it depends on the amount of the student debt and if the women majored in a field where she can get a great paying job and pay off her own debts soon.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yes but on the other hand a financially independent woman will dump you as soon as she finds a better model.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Frau99
Freshman Poster

Re: Never Marry a Girl With Student Loans

Post by Frau99 »

Student loans are ok but not usually. If you do not know how to cover the loan when repaying it is not the way out at all. For more reasonable people who have a stable income and simply take some money for a short period of time, for instance just to cover extra expenses - I think taking a loan online for Filipinos using, for example, the popular advanceloans is a normal thing.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

If a man marries a woman, he should expect to support her financially, at least some. It's rather sad for the kids if you send them off to daycare in the early years of their life. If her loans are small enough for you to afford and she would make a good wife, it is worth considering.

The guy in the video is assuming that a woman should support herself financially. Some of those degrees are negative net present value type degrees. You get a negative return on investment on them, or at least much less than other degrees.

Nursing is a 'woman friendly' field that is likely to pay itself off. For nursing, it does not make sense to go to the most expensive school. Demand is high, and it's not like a medical degree where going to a great school can open up opportunities for high paying specialties. The very small percent of nurses who go into academia to teach nursing may want to go to highly ranked schools since academia pay and hiring depends a lot on where you went to school. So it makes sense for women who go into nursing to go to reasonably-priced schools. Maybe there are higher paying nursing jobs that pay you more if you went to Duke. It's not my field. I'm guessing that's overkill. If her student loans make sense in terms of her occupation, or you can afford them, it should not be that big of an obstacle.

If she runs up credit cards on $200 hairdos and prada purses, that's the type of woman who is financially dangerous to you.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

MrMan wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 12:54 pm
If a man marries a woman, he should expect to support her financially, at least some. It's rather sad for the kids if you send them off to daycare in the early years of their life. If her loans are small enough for you to afford and she would make a good wife, it is worth considering.
^ It was once that way. Today's women, however, have made it quite clear that they want to be financially independent. They say and act as if they believe this anyway. Who cares what they really think deep inside. As Clarey has made the point out on many occasion (look up a video he made titled "Why Women Don't Need You"), men have to live in reality and deal with women according to their actual behavior. Their actual behavior is to do the exact opposite of what you would do if you wanted a traditional relationship with a man: pursue careers when they are young, reject good men while slutting it up with bad boys, not bother to learn domestic skills, not take good of their bodies, etc.

And also, the influx of women in the workplace means men are competing against women (often with an affirmative action handicap) and wages are driven down, making it harder to play the role of financial provider even if you wanted to.

And to even try to go against feminism today is risky anyhow.

Thus, in Western countries (and increasingly everywhere else) it cannot be considered a man's responsibility to support a woman financially. Which is more liberating for men than it is for women, when you think about it. Men can save their money and/or don't have to work as hard as a family man does. Let women take care of themselves. It's the world they themselves have chosen.

I agree that it is sad for kids, not to mention sad for birthrates.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

You can marry only a girl with student loans, if you also have similar student loans.

In general marriage nowadays does not make any sense for men - why should you downgrade yourself? There is nothing for a man to gain if he marries.
The situation was different in Western countries 30 or 40 years ago. There were not only obligations for men, but men had also some rights, some advantages - but now not any more.

----------------------------------------------------

In Asian countries the legal situation is still not that bad for men. Despite being a man you are clearly better protected in Asian countries compared to Western countries in case you get in trouble with women, regardless if you are married with children or if you only have a girlfriend living with you.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

flowerthief00 wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 9:59 pm
MrMan wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 12:54 pm
^ It was once that way. Today's women, however, have made it quite clear that they want to be financially independent. They say and act as if they believe this anyway. Who cares what they really think deep inside. As Clarey has made the point out on many occasion (look up a video he made titled "Why Women Don't Need You"), men have to live in reality and deal with women according to their actual behavior. Their actual behavior is to do the exact opposite of what you would do if you wanted a traditional relationship with a man: pursue careers when they are young, reject good men while slutting it up with bad boys, not bother to learn domestic skills, not take good of their bodies, etc.

And also, the influx of women in the workplace means men are competing against women (often with an affirmative action handicap) and wages are driven down, making it harder to play the role of financial provider even if you wanted to.

And to even try to go against feminism today is risky anyhow.

Thus, in Western countries (and increasingly everywhere else) it cannot be considered a man's responsibility to support a woman financially. Which is more liberating for men than it is for women, when you think about it. Men can save their money and/or don't have to work as hard as a family man does. Let women take care of themselves. It's the world they themselves have chosen.

I agree that it is sad for kids, not to mention sad for birthrates.
A man marries a woman, not all of western civilization. One of the reasons men go abroad to get a wife is to get a woman who is more traditional who appreciates men's and women's roles, a woman who believes she is supposed to stay faithful to her husband, cook and clean the house, and take care of the children. Women from these countries may have a good work ethic and may be willing to work outside the home. That depends on the woman. And you may be able to find traditionally-minded girls in the west, too. They are just rare.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

My wife had borrowed $100 from someone to start a business. She wasn't doing the business anymore. She mentioned it after we got engaged, and I gave her the money to pay the man back. So, other than rent, internet, phone, and a credit card bill for a plane ticket (maybe) we started our marriage pretty much debt free.

I had borrowed money for my Bachelor's degree a few years before. I worked for one year teaching English in South Korea, and I paid off my student loans. I'm thinking it was either $3000 or $6000. I also bought a used car. My parents had a plus loan that I was going to pay off, too. I traded the car for the balance of the loan when I took the next trip overseas. A university education was cheaper back then. I went to a flagship state university, a good school, but public rather than private tuition. I borrowed going throughout school but I also worked.
wickedtraveller
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by wickedtraveller »

HouseMD wrote:
January 12th, 2014, 6:39 pm
Just drop the last five words of your title and we've got this whole thing solved.
Never get married. Ha ha. That's a good one.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Never marry a girl with student loans. Don't use students loans to pay for the cattle or camels needed to pay the bride price for your foreign bride. Save up the money without borrowing.

Be careful of those two camel women. You have to know for certain she's worth it before you pay more than one. Don't let your future father-in-law rip you off.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re:

Post by HouseMD »

HouseMD wrote:
Wow, hard to believe I was this jaded back then. Very happy in my marriage these days, and my wife absolutely has no student loans, though I've got enough for both of us
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 1:56 am
HouseMD wrote:
Wow, hard to believe I was this jaded back then. Very happy in my marriage these days, and my wife absolutely has no student loans, though I've got enough for both of us
I take it she is not yet able to ass-rape you in the divorce court.