Winston's hair style - What to do?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Winston
Site Admin

Winston's hair style - What to do?

Post by Winston »

I have a question.

Rock and my parents think that I don't look good with short buzz cut hair. But most people I know think it's fine as long as it's neat and trim.

Here's what I don't get though. How come many men look great with short hair, such as Obama and George Clooney, and most clean cut white males? Yet I don't? Why?

The thing I hate about hair is that the hair on my sides stick out unevenly with no form or symmetry. That's the main problem.

So how about this solution then:

I cut my sides short so that it doesn't stick out like porcupine spikes, but I leave my hair longer at the top?

That way, having some longer hair at the top will create more volume and make my head look more oval shaped or rectangular shaped and thus make my face look thinner.

I tried this already with clippers, shaving only the sides and leaving the top uncut. And it does make my head look more oval shaped.

Would that look better? If so, what about the back side of my head? Should that be short or long?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Winston's hair style - Issues and questions

Post by droid »

I told you; I'm glad Rock agrees with me. Also the buzz cut definitely makes your head look rounder.
The thing is that the guys that look good with a buzz cut are in top physical shape.It goes together.
But most people I know think it's fine as long as it's neat and trim.
They're most likely not your target audience :wink: though.

A longer top (jbieber or fawxhawk) including a bit of elvis flock hanging over your forehead will look better on you man.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Its absurd to assume that just because a buzz cut looks good on a certain white guy with a somewhat weathered face and regular sized head that it will automatically look good on you as an NE Asian with a big head and round face.

Some full faced black guys look good with fuller lips as it fits their overall face. But if you put the same lips on a white guy with a slim face, they would look bizarre. It's all about proportion. Symmetry is less important than proportions and balance. Longer hair on Winston seems to create the illusion (to my eyes anyway) of a slightly smaller head and maybe slimmer face which looks more reminiscent of yourself in youth and more balanced. Shaving it down makes his head and face look bigger and rounder. Just IMO.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

I suggested to get some plastic surgery done to get rid of round face and get more angular look,fat round face is a huge turnoff for women.

Haircut can only do so much as chubby face will always make your head look like a soccer ball
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Is that chiseled face version of winnie
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

remember this one

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Banano wrote:I suggested to get some plastic surgery done to get rid of round face and get more angular look,fat round face is a huge turnoff for women.

Haircut can only do so much as chubby face will always make your head look like a soccer ball
What type of plastic surgery? Maybe it will be cheaper in Asia.

What kind of plastic surgery does Tom Cruise get? How does he have no wrinkles at his age?

And what about Heather Locklear?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Winston's hair style - Suggestions?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Grow some facial hair. And if you ever go grey, embrace it; it will make you look distinguished. Same with winkles: embrace it. There is nothing more pathetic then a man or woman who refuses to accept their age. Every wrinkle has its tale, and shows that you have lived. Chasing your youth is a waste of time. Aging gracefully is an art.

As for the roundness of your face, try losing a bit of weight. I noticed that whenever I lost some, my face would instantly appear less round. Longer hair may help, too. If I were older I would especially grow my hair out. Enjoy that possibility while it lasts. ;)
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Grow some facial hair. And if you ever go grey, embrace it; it will make you look distinguished. Same with winkles: embrace it. There is nothing more pathetic then a man or woman who refuses to accept their age. Every wrinkle has its tale, and shows that you have lived. Chasing your youth is a waste of time. Aging gracefully is an art.

As for the roundness of your face, try losing a bit of weight. I noticed that whenever I lost some, my face would instantly appear less round. Longer hair may help, too. If I were older I would especially grow my hair out. Enjoy that possibility while it lasts. ;)
Asians don't have facial hair. And I look terrible with a moustache.

I'm not sure losing weight would help. Isn't the roundness of my head due to the size of my skull?

I told you the problem with long hair is that mine sticks out like porcupine spikes. It can't be combed or gelled back.

lasttry
Freshman Poster

Post by lasttry »

What are you asking people a question like this on the internet? Go to a high-end hair stylist and get his opinion.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:Grow some facial hair. And if you ever go grey, embrace it; it will make you look distinguished. Same with winkles: embrace it. There is nothing more pathetic then a man or woman who refuses to accept their age. Every wrinkle has its tale, and shows that you have lived. Chasing your youth is a waste of time. Aging gracefully is an art.

Asians don't have facial hair. And I look terrible with a moustache.

I'm not sure losing weight would help. Isn't the roundness of my head due to the size of my skull?

I told you the problem with long hair is that mine sticks out like porcupine spikes. It can't be combed or gelled back.
Your head looked smaller in your younger pics - Russia and those in the States from your earlier days. But I think your skull stops growing by the time you reach early 20s at latest. Somehow a more bloated face seems to create more of a big head look. Or could it be the fat pockets contained in your scalp skin have expanded with your weight gains in last 10 years?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote: Your head looked smaller in your younger pics - Russia and those in the States from your earlier days. But I think your skull stops growing by the time you reach early 20s at latest. Somehow a more bloated face seems to create more of a big head look. Or could it be the fat pockets contained in your scalp skin have expanded with your weight gains in last 10 years?
I was wondering the same thing. It does seem that my head size was smaller before. But you gotta keep in mind that every 7 years, all the cells of your body are replaced with new ones. So that could change the structure of your head.

Or maybe my brain grew larger after I became more intellectual. Lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

So anyway, is cutting the sides short while leaving the top longer, a good idea and solution? That was my original question.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 9th, 2020, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.