Could Most of us Be on the Autistic Spectrum?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Could Most of us Be on the Autistic Spectrum?

Post by Eric »

I had this question. It seems to pop up over and over again; time and time again. I never want to think or believe it, but all roads seem to point back to Rome. I ran from this literally my whole life - even before I knew what it was called or that it had a name. I knew something was 'wrong' or off - not in a bad sense, but that it just was...but didn't want to accept nor did I know or have any idea what to do about it.
I had lots of vaccines as a kid. We moved a lot, internationally - and so I had a lot of them. However, I don't believe this is the reason. My Father was like this, he had problems with intense focus, irrationality - special interests. He was very ocd about a lot of things. Most if all of this stuff comes from him, I knew that. He was also highly intelligent and very VERY talented, but most of his paintings were reality based. They looked extremely realistic, almost like a photograph when he did oils. I've noticed that people with AS have to make things look realistic and work with making things as realistic as possible. Dad had savant-like abilities, he taught me how to draw, he did very well. I have never met someone so intelligent, well-read or capable in so many arenas as my father was. He could rattle off names of actors, endless historical trivia...and he had particular fascinations; such as a fascination with the Civil War and the American Indian that would put any American Indian/War scholar to shame.
I was a very, very extremely happy kid. Because I was in my own world, with my brother and in our house. Our parents loved us, in their own ways, but they did love us. My hell did not start until I had to go out and interact with the world around me; where people were not so understanding, where I could not do whatever I want.
I find AMERICA to be the least accepting and most contemporary terrible environment for anybody; let alone people with AS or on the spectrum. It requires you be flamboyant, come out with your own brand of self-exuberance, confidence or whatever. It tells you that's not okay to be an individual, yourself - while simultaneously telling you it's okay to be yourself, just as long as you "come out and be like others are, be socially acceptable". It's a country that cares too much about what you are doing to let you go/alone.
I've always felt this, and argued with my parents about it. I do think the older America (my parents grew up instilled) was a kinder environment than the invasive/intrusive one we have today that wants to get in everybody's life, dumb us down and control us in essence.
It teaches you to hate yourself. And with such a focus on individuality, and intolerance for anything less...it is a horrible generic environment.

My Dad was like this, my brother is like it to a large degree...It's amazing how two people can have the same issue, but handle it in completely different ways to eachother - but he just stays to himself, I think he learned early on who & what he was...that he was different somehow my brother had a measure more wisdom that was more applicable, than I did. I think he had humility.
I was prideful, I wanted to be like others around me...I fell for that toxic image of "hotshot" that America promulgates in and for the youth that is not for everybody.
I always wanted to "fit in". I think this was my Achilles weakness; I was susceptible to forces around me. My brother was sort of a social oddball, he never said much around people, had intense special and personal private interests, was very loquacious at home...couldn't get him to shut up, etc one sided conversations where he'd get mad; he didn't pick up social cues around him. I did. his social ineptness was painfully obvious at social gatherings. I was always more socially capable than him.
Anyway,

I can't tell if I'm so much more intelligent than everybody around me, or they are just inept. Or if it's me with the actual problem. I know it's weird to walk around outside, wherever you go and feel like you are surrounded by a bunch of dumb, stupid, incomprehensible unintelligent animals. I've always taken to blaming myself, and maybe I am more intelligent than most people are. The truth is, I've beaten myself over the head with the PC stick of "it's not them it's you....don't judge other people, you meanie!" to the point where it's hard to see anything (Sorry I'm mad I just got off the street/rough day).
It's easy to walk around condemning the world around you, when you're different...they're just stupid, everybodies dumb.

Maybe I'm just real smart, inept. Whatever. I've always felt those around me are stupid, for the most part. My parents always told me I was smarter - I thought they were just telling me that because I was their son, or whatever. Just to make me feel better- it turns out it's actually truth.
There are so many stupid, dumb, stupid stupid people...who seem to have no faculty for reasoning (that which makes us human) or consciousness or anything.

Am I aspergers or am I just smart? Or is the world dumb?
And if so, how can the entire world of people be so filled with stupidity.

It seems like maybe this is the continual fascination with endless sex, among guys. It seems like it's all about having sex, the act of sex...how many partners you have. How many you are willing or able to bed.
This attitude used to be foreign to me, until I was beaten over the head with the abuse that "You're not a man unless you sleep with lots of women" thing. That peer pressure abuse slowly sank in and, hampered me. Since it's not something I naturally want to do..I have other more interesting things to focus on. Nor is that the focus on my life, but it seems to be for others, this making me feel more socially inept - but am I? Or are they just base.,
It seems like the world caters to base, and men with baser instincts are far more numerous than those with refined ones.
I've also heard it said (on this forum) that Aspergers is a way to demonize smart capable people. I wonder if that's true. Since they don't want anybody smart walking around and are dreadfully fearful of intelligent people who could one day pose a threat or rival them (whoever's in charge of policy). I do know that I can't do it, I'm not able to be like other people, even if I try or desperately want to be as they are. I'm too cerebral, intellectual it seems...unable to make contact with my base instincts on a capable enough level to blend and relate with others, when I do it comes off as contrived, forced/awkward. I am then the victim of ridicule and abuse.
It seems I'm weird.

The truth leads back to Rome. It leads back to home...wherever it is.
In any case - diverging, it seems like there is a cloak of bullshit descended upon the world really since the fall of Communism upon the world. Hmmm, I wonder about this coincidence...hmm. Before, I couldn't put it together...but I knew it was there, what it was. Fake psychiatry, psychology, Political correctness....everybodies equal has caused degeneration & stagnation.. unintelligent mass. Dumbness is praised and lauded and promoted even while those who buck the system are punished. Whereas - in a healthy optimal system selection would healthily favor the intelligent for producing offspring, rising in status, society...receiving accolades, etc. Now, it seems all backwards.
Is it me being Aspergers that sees this, or is it the way the world's always been - and me justifying my weirdness or behavior in some way against a world that's normal?
I know I'm not normal. I'm different in ways I can't fix, that I'd choose to be "normal" if I could. That the ways cause me problems in life which are great. I know that I don't see the world the same as others...that I'm a "weird" one, I guess this makes me autistic somehow. I wish I could be like them. It seems like such less responsibility, more care free fun and enjoyment.

What's the line, where's the truth at.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Re: Could Most of us Be on the Autistic Spectrum?

Post by Eric »

I don't know what's wrong with me. Just that I can't relax. I feel like I have to understand everything - that I don't understand anything. I don't know if I'm on the spectrum or not. I often feel like my moods and scope or, I know this sounds weird, ....my idea of my self, shifts with time. I mean I am feeling one way one hour, or minute - the next. I become so completely.
It also is like I become so overwhelmed by thoughts/ideas, I feel I have to live my life by rules. It can get so deep, intense.. I feel like I"m being swallowed up alive, barely holding on, paranoid. It's like I'm in a dark tunnel. This gets worse when I'm real stressed or tired, it's hard to explain. It almost feels like disintegrating. It's a really uncomfortable experience.
Also, it's like I can't juggle contrasting or conflicting ideas. I'm black and white. One day I may be one way, one person. The next day a 'different' person...it just changes with the tides of my thoughts.
Is this normal?
It feels really drastic/intense, I don't like it. I also feel like people will call me out on it.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Once again, I see that I have an angel's chance in Hell of getting a response on this - one of my topics. Guess it's too taboo for some people to touch.

I guess it's another one of my ramblings. The lack of response means it's probably too far out there for most people to relate. ...
O well.
Goodnight. I tried
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

No it's just you man.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Now can I get a helpful response?
thanks
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 1st, 2019, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Do a search for autism in this boards search engine. We already had several threads about it. Its been debunked. In most other countries, aspergers doesnt even exist. Is autism the same thing as aspergers?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Eric wrote:Once again, I see that I have an angel's chance in Hell of getting a response on this - one of my topics. Guess it's too taboo for some people to touch.

I guess it's another one of my ramblings. The lack of response means it's probably too far out there for most people to relate. ...
O well.
Goodnight. I tried
[img]http://temp_thoughts_resize.s3.amazonaws.com/2d/bcb9001ffc11e49e0cdd9a1eb789a3/azftg.jpg[/img]
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Johnny1975 likes compliments on his images. Okay, the above is the perfect image for the OP, who would be well advised to read memoirs of men who have had much more difficult lives than his own. Rudolf Slatin, Ten Years among the Mahdi, for example, is a recent favorite of mine. Free at Gutenberg. Tons of men have had vastly more difficult lives than anyone on this forum. Self-discipline is not just about diet and exercise and working hard to make money and then saving as much as possible. These are things involving the body and the outside world. A man also has to learn to show some self-discipline of his thoughts so he doesn't go off the deep end like the OP is doing.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

"The sick individual finds himself at home with all other similarly sick individuals. The whole culture is geared to this kind of pathology. The result is that the average individual does not experience the separateness and isolation the fully schizophrenic person feels. He feels at ease among those who suffer from the same deformation; in fact, it is the fully sane person who feels isolated in the insane society - and he may suffer so much from the incapacity to communicate that it is he who may become psychotic."
- Erich Fromm, The Anatomy of Human Destructiveness (1973)

Maybe that explains it Eric?

Funny how his name is Erich too, though spelled with the Swiss version.

Have you been diagnosed as autistic? Is there any physiological evidence for autism? Why don't you ask a doctor or psychiatrist to diagnose you and ask for evidence. Are autistic people slow and awkward and talk like slow retarded people, like they show in the movies? Or are they very brainy and articulate?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Is being autistic same as being moron, idiot or imbecile? Nicer term but means person who have low IQ and cant learn shit?

Asperger's is another one
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Banano wrote:Is being autistic same as being moron, idiot or imbecile? Nicer term but means person who have low IQ and cant learn shit?

Asperger's is another one
My God. You never do any research do you? All the websites say that autistic or aspergers people are not slow or retarded. They are usually brilliant or geniuses in one or two areas that they are obsessed with. But they don't vibe with majority and do not fit into groups and cannot conform. Thus they are seen as weird and awkward. They are on a different wavelength and have their own logic and world.

ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Not only are aspies seen as more intelligent than average, they are also often described as having an excessively
'male mind' , being overly reliant on logic but lacking in capacity to emotionally relate, to empathize with others.

Then again many here including Winston can very passionate and emotional too.
Chinaebuys - http://www.chinaebuys.com
Buy and Ship any Product Internationally from China
Shipping to more than 200 countries worldwide
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

retiredfrank wrote:Johnny1975 likes compliments on his images. Okay, the above is the perfect image for the OP, who would be well advised to read memoirs of men who have had much more difficult lives than his own. Rudolf Slatin, Ten Years among the Mahdi, for example, is a recent favorite of mine. Free at Gutenberg. Tons of men have had vastly more difficult lives than anyone on this forum. Self-discipline is not just about diet and exercise and working hard to make money and then saving as much as possible. These are things involving the body and the outside world. A man also has to learn to show some self-discipline of his thoughts so he doesn't go off the deep end like the OP is doing.
How can you judge someone's life as more difficult than another's? Well, you can't do that. It is impossible to quantify - and you just end up sounding like a fool. You don't know how difficult my life has been, what difficulties I've been through, or how much I've suffered. Do you? No, I don't think so, I don't think that you do. How could you compare my life or anyone's life - to anyone elses? You really cannot. So that argument is bunk. Once again, these things are impossible to quantify. Also, people who have so called hard "experiences" often come out of them enriched in their lives with lessons that others don' t have. I will however, agree with your assertion that it is almost nearly necessary to not only show some self discipline, but to have it, and a basic bedrock of wisdom, ability to tolerate life & pain and to face things.
I wish I was perfect like this Frankguy - whom I think said he was himself autistic - seems to be. ..Until that day though, I'll have to wait. Many people grow up in less than ideal circumstances and environments that don't exactly foster these things, infact they foster the opposite. Infact I'd say it's the entire West nowadays. Many people make bad decisions and are weak, and choose not to fight and end up paying for it.
I am one such of these persons. And I'm paying for it now, such is life. It is a bitter pill to swallow, but it is medicine.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Eric,
You really need to go abroad. Then you will forget all this aspie/autism stuff. When you go to Angeles City, for example, and are smothered by these three brown beauties, you will forget all about the toxic psychological issues in your country. It will all be just a distant memory. The benefits of getting out of the US are more than you can imagine. :)