Why self - emotion regulation IS the most important thing

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Why self - emotion regulation IS the most important thing

Post by Eric »

I have come to this conclusion, that this, besides your basic health -is the most important thing in life. Wthout it/ you basically have bpd or borderline tendencies, extreme internal pain and dysfunctional life.

Some people have or develop naturally. Some things get in the way - sometimes we can even halt and hinder our own ~ sense. This is the most important thing in life, a calm seat; calm soul.
We must work constantly toward it. I dont want to talk about the destructive fatalism of psychology and how it makes you think of yourself as finite, damaged. Or having a father who was not calm himself, didnt help me to learn.

We must grow constantly and every day we are adding to ourselves and growing. Adding to ourselves and trying the bedt ways, always being positive and learning, perfecting.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Re: Why self - emotion regulation IS the most important thin

Post by Blue Murder »

Eric wrote:I have come to this conclusion, that this, besides your basic health -is the most important thing in life. Wthout it/ you basically have bpd or borderline tendencies, extreme internal pain and dysfunctional life.

Some people have or develop naturally. Some things get in the way - sometimes we can even halt and hinder our own ~ sense. This is the most important thing in life, a calm seat; calm soul.
We must work constantly toward it. I dont want to talk about the destructive fatalism of psychology and how it makes you think of yourself as finite, damaged. Or having a father who was not calm himself, didnt help me to learn.

We must grow constantly and every day we are adding to ourselves and growing. Adding to ourselves and trying the best ways, always being positive and learning, perfecting.
Finally! Some sanity! 100%. Hell yeah, mate.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

Eric, I agree with you. Are you in Beijing? Are you exercising?
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

No, I'm not. I hate the Chinese and want out of here. They really are among the worst most petty, greedy, barbaric people. I have to find a job elsewhere, I dont know where.

Living here is not fun, and it's too hard, and lonely.

I walk a lot, but other than that I'm not exercising. I'm just slowly trying to work on my inner self -which is invisible as a process but bears fruits later. I'm really unhappy and I'm real tired of being unhappy for so long of my life. I'm willing to do anything to change.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

No, self - emotion regulation is not the most important thing. Self - action regulation is the most important thing. This is a fundamental difference between the New Testament which emphasizes belief and emotion, and the Old Testament which emphasizes action. And self - action regulation is just self-discipline which is the most important thing for accomplishing anything in life.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Eric wrote:No, I'm not. I hate the Chinese and want out of here. They really are among the worst most petty, greedy, barbaric people. I have to find a job elsewhere, I dont know where.

I walk a lot, but other than that I'm not exercising. I'm just slowly trying to work on my inner self -which is invisible as a process but bears fruits later. I'm really unhappy and I'm real tired of being unhappy for so long of my life. I'm willing to do anything to change.
I was reading in China you get a 70 year lease on the land you have your dwelling on, is this correct ? China calls this capitalism and capitalism is defined by private property so what gives ?

Screw that place and Winston tries to promote it like something special compared to America, I have no interest in a place where you have no property rights. When you work and pay a HONEST PRICE for something you should own it and be able to pass it on to your heirs.

Con men plain and simple are setting this system up, good luck trying to find a place you can call home!
Time to Hide!
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Moretorque wrote:
Eric wrote:No, I'm not. I hate the Chinese and want out of here. They really are among the worst most petty, greedy, barbaric people. I have to find a job elsewhere, I dont know where.

I was reading in China you get a 70 year lease on the land you have your dwelling on, is this correct ? China calls this capitalism and capitalism is defined by private property so what gives ?

Screw that place and Winston tries to promote it like something special compared to America, I have no interest in a place where you have no property rights. When you work and pay a HONEST PRICE for something you should own it and be able to pass it on to your heirs.

Con men plain and simple are setting this system up, good luck trying to find a place you can call home!
+1. China as paradise is total baloney. That China is morphing from a communist state to a fascist Regime is hardly cause for celebration. There is silence about the massive crimes being committed by the regime there, the cutting up of political prisoners for body parts, the special Black prisons...it goes on and on.