Momopi's disbelief in the Afterlife

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote: Well I know of some haunted places, but are you willing to spend the night in them? :)
Ghosts are not always reproducible. They are immaterial and out of our control. They aren't subject to labs.
If you know of a place where I'm guarenteed to observe or interact with a ghost, I'd be happy to visit. If not, then I may consider it if you pay for the airfare.
If you know of a place where I'm guaranteed to observe or interact with a human emotion, I'd be happy to visit.

Please prove to me that you experience any human emotion.

I will wait.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

globetrotter wrote: If you know of a place where I'm guaranteed to observe or interact with a human emotion, I'd be happy to visit.
Please prove to me that you experience any human emotion.
I will wait.
The natural (and safer) method is to go to weddings and funerals to observe the emotions being expressed. The unsafe method is to use prescription drugs that cause, suppress, or alter emotions/moods. We have the medical technology to cause/suppress certain emotions by altering the chemical signals in the brain (i.e. SSRI's). But I wouldn't recommend experimenting with it.

Winston wrote: I am not trying to sell you something with positive or negative reinforcement. The school does that. Advertisers do that. The media does that.
I'm just asking you questions and you are failing to answer them.
<snip>
Just answer the question. No lame humor or obfuscation please.
This is where you don't get it. If you want someone to spend the time to answer your questions, you must first successfully "sell" the questions to them. You're not in any position to demand people to give you their time and effort. Also, demand is a negative reinforcement, and to people like me, that's an automatic trash bin unless if I see a carrot ($$).

Winston wrote:Momopi,
You're not taking any discussions seriously. Instead, you're acting like a smart aleck. Nor are you answering any questions.
Because I don't care. There's no value in winning or losing argumentum ad infinitum on the Internet. Way I see it, you'll find out if there's an afterlife when you die, and we'll all die. So why bother worrying about it? People who likes to argue over stuff like this needs to get a life.