Would my life be better now if I had a normal happy childhood?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Would my life be better now if I had a normal happy childhood?

Post by Winston »

We also consider the fact that if we got everything we wanted and everything went our way, we would not become nice people. We would become spoiled, corrupted, bratty, snobby, and not down to earth at all. Kind of like the people who live in Hollywood mansions are. So perhaps the universe has good reasons for not giving us what we want.

It's an irony of human nature. We all have dreams, desires and wants. And we imagine we would be happy if we had everything we wanted. But in reality, people who get everything they want are not happier. They become dissatisfied and empty and unsure why, or they want more and more. Satisfying desires does not end them, they only magnify the desires for more and bigger things. Just like an addiction. Satisfying sexual addiction, or drug or alcohol addiction does not cure them or alleviate them. They only magnify them as your resistance increases, so you need more and bigger hit to be satisfied. Also, people who get everything they want become spoiled, like spoiled children. They do not become nice people. They become corrupted. So it ruins their soul.

So in that sense it's not always good to get everything you want. It's an irony of human nature that what you want doesn't bring you what you think it will.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston, if you believed that Charlie Brown’s luck or Murphy’s law is an over-riding factor, then all other factors become irreverent. It means no matter what you do to address issues keeping you from success, you will always fail and all efforts will look pathetic. If this is the case then asking for any advice on other factors is wasting people’s time.

If you “don’t know” or is “unsure” then it becomes a FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) and not a belief (faith or confidence).

You might find this article on Charles Schulz of interest:
https://www.salon.com/2007//13/charles_schulz/
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
July 6th, 2018, 7:28 am
Winston, if you believed that Charlie Brown’s luck or Murphy’s law is an over-riding factor, then all other factors become irreverent. It means no matter what you do to address issues keeping you from success, you will always fail and all efforts will look pathetic. If this is the case then asking for any advice on other factors is wasting people’s time.

If you “don’t know” or is “unsure” then it becomes a FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) and not a belief (faith or confidence).

You might find this article on Charles Schulz of interest:
https://www.salon.com/2007//13/charles_schulz/
Momopi, sorry to ask you this, but are you DUMB? Are you getting old and senile? Why do you keep putting words in my mouth that I never said, and keep patronizing me? Why do your people skills suck and why do you never answer a question directly? Spock doesn't do that, so why did Billy compare you with him? And why did Billy say your IQ is high, even higher than mine? That makes no sense.

I NEVER said I believe in Murphy's Law. I said Murphy's Law HAPPENS. It's like gravity. It happens whether you believe it or not. Duh. That's like saying, "If you believe in gravity, then objects will fall." Do you see how stupid that statement is? I shouldn't have to tell you. Whether I believe in something, doesn't change whether it's true or whether it happens. I told you all this before, but you seem too deaf and dumb to understand. Is there a way you can be more honest or upgrade your intelligence? lol. Seriously.

How can Billy compare you to Spock? Spock never dodges questions or twists things. He doesn't put words in people's mouths either. Also how can you have a high IQ? If you can't read basic questions or understand them properly, or understand English words, then how can you understand questions on an IQ test or score well? That makes no sense. Billy was definitely wrong and must be a friggin IDIOT too, even though he thinks he knows everything. Atheists are so f***ing stupid. I swear! I'll bet your IQ score is not that high. You can't even think. Probably you cannot even beat the computer in chess on level one. You are good at memorizing data, like many Asians, but that's all. You are not good at thinking.

Furthermore, you are lacking in people skills too. You clearly have bad people skills. All you do is patronize people. You never have any new ideas or solutions. Taiwanese people never do. They always make the same mistakes and have the same conversations over and over again. My parents do that too. They cannot see things that non-Taiwanese people see. My parents even think all movies are the same and cannot tell the difference between a movie that's well made and one that is not. Because you Taiwanese are essentially troglodytes and your brains are no better than animals. No offense. But a spade is a spade. All you are good at is memorizing data. But you cannot think, nor do you ever have any ideas or solutions.

Let me give you a lesson in people skills momopi. Let me give you some ADVICE momopi. A person with good people skills will try to PARAPHRASE the other person's problem or situation in his own words, to show that person that he understands them. This creates an EMPATHETIC bond between you and that person. It makes the person listen to you and trust you, because you show them that you understand them by properly paraphrasing what they mean. This is basic social skills 101. It's basic psychology 101. And basic sales 101 too. If you work in sales, you know that you have to do this to bond with customers and clients too. Obviously you only work in computers and paperwork. You don't know much about human interaction. So I'm giving you advice since I obviously know more than you about this stuff.

Moreover, don't you think it's UNWISE for me to take advice from someone who doesn't understand me or doesn't relate to me? Think about it. Consider this: How come when I talk to @Ghost or @Falcon or @@zboy1 I only have to say something ONCE, and they understand me? No repeating is necessary. But with YOU, I say something 10 or 20 times and YOU STILL DON'T GET IT?! That means either you are being an ass on purpose and not serious, or we are on totally different wavelengths. Either way, doesn't mean you're totally UNQUALIFIED to be giving me advice, since you don't understand me, don't understand my clearly worded questions, and don't relate to me at all? And plus you aren't even that intelligent because you can't think and you have BAD people skills too? Think about it.

Even Rock understands me a little better than you do. My mentors have always been Ladislav and Mr S, and sometimes Rock. You have a useful database of knowledge, momopi. But you've never been good at relating to others. Taiwanese never are. They are more like organic portals than living souls. See here for what organic portals are: https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cien ... ortals.htm

Perhaps you too are an organic portal too momopi. It would make sense, since after all, no one with a living soul would believe that souls don't exist, or that God and higher powers don't exist, or that no unseen forces exist, etc. (Your atheistic beliefs and biases are very apparent, despite your attempt to appear neutral) Only programmed beings that are programmed to believe that, would think that. Not living thinking conscious souls capable of introspection, reflection and questioning. Either that, or your soul is asleep or you are a low consciousness being. It's gotta be one of those. Obviously a non-living soul is not going to understand a living soul. That's for sure.

How come when I tell Ghost my deep thoughts and feelings about being in China or the Philippines, he is on the same page and understands me and relates to me in that regards? When we talked in person, he understood me very well and I never had to repeat anything. We were on the same page and wavelength. But you and I are not at all. You keep dodging my questions, twisting my statements, misinterpreting what I say (perhaps on purpose to be an ass), making false assumptions, putting words in my mouth, etc.

No offense, but please consider it possible and probable that you aren't as smart and qualified as you think you are. Put your ego aside and think about it honestly for a moment. Giving people personal advice just isn't your forte. Even I'm better at it than you. At least I TRY TO UNDERSTAND the person I give advice to and I TRY to empathize with him. And yes I will paraphrase his situation in my own words too, to let him know that I understand him. These are part of good people skills, which you obviously LACK, and you should be honest and try to understand that. Know your limitations momopi. Don't try to be a know it all or arrogant, especially when you are lacking in these areas I describe. Be honest with yourself. Stop trying to pretend to be something you're not. And stop patronizing others with snide useless remarks please. If you can't understand others, then don't bother giving them advice, that's foolish and you should know it. You are a mature responsible adult and you should know better.

Please take the above seriously. Consider that others know you better than you know yourself, and can see things about you that you can't see, because people outside you can see you more objectively than you can. And I believe that I've been very truthful and accurate in my assessment above. Unlike others, I do not make clumsy errors or inaccurate statements. My accuracy rate is far above average. And I'm very good in psychology, human nature and philosophy. So I am definitely a very CREDIBLE source to assess you accurately. So please stop being an ass. Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:
July 8th, 2018, 4:58 am
I NEVER said I believe in Murphy's Law. I said Murphy's Law HAPPENS. It's like gravity. It happens whether you believe it or not. Duh. That's like saying, "If you believe in gravity, then objects will fall." Do you see how stupid that statement is? I shouldn't have to tell you. Whether I believe in something, doesn't change whether it's true or whether it happens. I told you all this before, but you seem too deaf and dumb to understand. Is there a way you can be more honest or upgrade your intelligence? lol. Seriously.
<snip>
To believe is to accept something as true. Do you:

1. Accept that Murphy’s law (or Charlie Brown luck) happens, therefore you believe in it.

2. Believe that Murphy’s law is especially applicable to you, for example if you were driving and wasn’t sure which way to turn and you take a guess, you are wrong 8 or 9 times out of 10.

3. Believe that murphy’s Law keeps you from succeeding or getting what you want, for example if you were able to find and hook up with a white European girl with attributes that you desired, after a few weeks she will do a 180 and dump you for trivial reasons without any possibility of resolution.

Item #3 is of particular importance as it affects your goal of finding a LTR or spouse. Think very carefully as “yes” means all efforts will fail and look pathetic, versus “don’t know” means it’s FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt).

Winston wrote:
July 8th, 2018, 4:58 am
Let me give you a lesson in people skills momopi. Let me give you some ADVICE momopi. A person with good people skills will try to PARAPHRASE the other person's problem or situation in his own words, to show that person that he understands them. This creates an EMPATHETIC bond between you and that person. It makes the person listen to you and trust you, because you show them that you understand them by properly paraphrasing what they mean. This is basic social skills 101. It's basic psychology 101. And basic sales 101 too. If you work in sales, you know that you have to do this to bond with customers and clients too. Obviously you only work in computers and paperwork. You don't know much about human interaction. So I'm giving you advice since I obviously know more than you about this stuff.
<snip>
If I suspected that I have a STD, my expectation is that my close friends would NOT react by paraphrasing, empathy, kindness, understanding, trying to relate, or send youtube videos. I expect them to drag my ass to the local STD clinic to get tested, by force if necessary.

You have Ghost, Falcon, and Zboy to be understanding and empathic, you don't need another one. My goal is to get from point A to point B, not to give bro hugs. If the trip takes 6 months, I won't spend 6 years trying to better understand or find new ideas/methods to cut the trip to 3 months. By the time that you find the shortcut, I already got there 5 years ago. This is even more important if you want to find a younger and more attractive girl for LTR or spouse, as each passing year means diminishing prospects for you.

Now, if you're serious about going to Europe to find a girl for LTR/spouse and make it your #1 priority, we can start looking at action items to remedy some of the issues that you have mentioned previously. It's said that people make first impressions in 1/10th of a second. So in theory if 90% of younger white European girls reject you on first glance, the first objective is to knock that down to 89% -> 88% -> 87% and so on. Excessive introspection about your childhood and what if's is not going to get you there, it turns into negative rumination, depression, frustration, and anger.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Post by Darrell_Johnston »

My high school years were a crock of shit too. And my teenage life was the most tragic time of my life.

My only advice I can give you is to stop hoping your past will change. You don't have to forget your past, but accept that its the past and it will never change. Make peace with it, everything thats ever happened to you up until now has made you into the person you are now.

Yes you were hurt, yes you were abused.....we all were, but its over now so it doesn't matter to your present or your future.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 5:50 am
My high school years were a crock of shit too. And my teenage life was the most tragic time of my life.

My only advice I can give you is to stop hoping your past will change. You don't have to forget your past, but accept that its the past and it will never change. Make peace with it, everything thats ever happened to you up until now has made you into the person you are now.

Yes you were hurt, yes you were abused.....we all were, but its over now so it doesn't matter to your present or your future.
Yes, the past is the past. Live today only. I only care about now. You won't catch me listening to the music I listened to in high school.