How does everyone tolerate dangerous things that I can't?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out these hot girls cliff jumping. Would any of you do this? lol

A flip jump.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ClearView
Freshman Poster

Post by ClearView »

Sometimes I wonder how people can get in metal boxes and drive at 100km/hr.
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Re: How come everyone can tolerate things that I can't?

Post by ClearView »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:I don't get something. Why am I so different from everyone? How do others tolerate some things so easily that I can't at all?
For example, the last time I got on a ski lift in Lake Tahoe, NV, I thought I was gonna die. I had to close my eyes and pray that God would get me through it. Right under me was a HUGE drop that could kill you if fell off. And the only thing between you and it was a thin wooden seat that was wobbling around hung by a cable overhead. There weren't even any seat belts. I was shivering so much that I could barely hold onto my ski poles. After that I swore I would never get on a ski lift again!

Only a small % of the people have acrophobia. You probably just never climbed a tree when you're young.
I can climb a tree, if it's easy that is. But being a hundred feet in the air is something else.

Why do people get on ski lifts like it's a normal thing? Isn't it dangerous to be a hundred feet in the air sitting on a cheap small bench with no seat belts? How can that be safe?

I was born with a fear of heights. It was not learned. This disproves the people who think we are all born as blank slates.
Like animals, we are born with certain instincts. I believe humans naturally fear 2 things right after birth - loud noises and heights (falling down).

BTW, I may be worse than you when it comes to heights. I get panicky on those lifts at the Orlando water parks (similar to ski lifts but much shorter in duration). Seriously, those ski lift seat seem so damn insecure, like it would be so easy to slip out and fall. I'm surprised I never read about accidents involving them.
And for f***s sake Rock who is that chick with the killer ass in your avatar?