Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5614
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by Adama » February 17th, 2017, 3:24 am

Winston, this is a pointless question. Even if the reason could be determined, it still wouldn't matter.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4437
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by Moretorque » February 17th, 2017, 3:48 am

HouseMD wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
HouseMD wrote:It is a legitimate system in the sense that no system is a legitimate system. Money isn't real, regardless of what it is made out of- paper, gold, silver, bullets- most things we agree to utilize as currency are valued far more than their intrinsic value, which is almost always nothing or very little. Take gold- aside from industrial and electronics applications, it has no reason to hold any value. You can't eat it, fuel your car with it, or make anything useful out of it. The same goes for paper money. That's what conspiritards fail to understand- intrinsic value is directly related to how useful something is, not how rare it is. So we instead use currency that has what is ultimately an agreed upon relative value. The US economy won't collapse because, and this is going to shock you, but there is very little reason for the world to devalue our currency, as our currency benefits almost everyone.

Your fantasy illusions of shadow organizations that are keeping you down and plan to implode the world are false- take it from a guy who has gotten close to the inner workings of the system many times. There is no single group doing anything, there are several groups (corporations, families, guilds, etc) that have often competing interests and pacts and plays. You don't even know the players, and yet here you are predicting a winner, like a man in a cave trying to predict the weather.

I'll just leave it at this- I know more than you, about many things. Everything is much more mundane than it seems and you're dead wrong because the world doesn't work like a dystopia written by a twelve year old. When the world doesn't end in five years, I'll be here to remind you you were wrong. And again in ten. And again in twenty. Because there's plenty of time left on the clock. Trump's win also isn't what you think it is- it was the ultimate power play by the rich, a last ditch effort to strike back against what they saw as Hillary's harbinger of socialism. It's going to speed up the wealth consolidation process of certain players while costing others, but this actually created stability in the interest of maintaining the current system (an interest that has manifests itself in higher dollar and stock prices).

The next step for people that are power players is to attempt to repeal FATCA, instate corporate tax holidays, and repeal exit taxes, then wait out the next election while increasing overseas using their newly powerful dollars. If we get a socialist, it'll be a capital exodus. The goal is to keep the system turning, because without money, there is no power. With money, all things are possible for those that possess it and understand it. No one wants to transition to a Chinese system because of the lack of rule of law, as moving your assets to China basically puts a target on your back for literal execution so that the government can seize your assets.

Me though, I'm just going to ride out my days skimming the gravy because I actually understand what's going on and know the right people. Regardless of where the economy goes, I'll be fine, because I have the necessary measures in place to deal with basically any situation that could hit the world (aside from global thermonuclear war, as my bunker is not going to be finished for three more years). You should stop complaining and learn the game, cause it's win or die either way.

House go try and find the treaties and read them that go back centuries after all these wars that govern the world today and your life daily. If you can find them you will learn something and what you will learn is you are wrong. There is a reason you are not allowed to see the treaties the real ones anyhow because the dupers have alot to hide from the duped..

Did you ever read Alan Greenspan's article entitled " Gold and Economic Freedom " ?, all I can say is our rulers love you. Your an educated man who is really not very educated just as planned by the education takeover for the communal dictatorships desired end goals...

By the way your one of the duped....... :roll:
Keep telling yourself all that. I'll be the one laughing my way to the bank pulling a half million a year before Trump's first term is over.
House your what makes this whole entire illegitimate system we currently use go.
Time to Hide!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4437
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by Moretorque » February 17th, 2017, 3:50 am

Adama wrote:Winston, this is a pointless question. Even if the reason could be determined, it still wouldn't matter.
It does matter you dope, the whole entire planet is hostage to this counterfeiting con job....
Time to Hide!

HouseMD
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1463
Joined: February 14th, 2012, 3:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by HouseMD » February 17th, 2017, 3:51 am

Moretorque wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
HouseMD wrote:It is a legitimate system in the sense that no system is a legitimate system. Money isn't real, regardless of what it is made out of- paper, gold, silver, bullets- most things we agree to utilize as currency are valued far more than their intrinsic value, which is almost always nothing or very little. Take gold- aside from industrial and electronics applications, it has no reason to hold any value. You can't eat it, fuel your car with it, or make anything useful out of it. The same goes for paper money. That's what conspiritards fail to understand- intrinsic value is directly related to how useful something is, not how rare it is. So we instead use currency that has what is ultimately an agreed upon relative value. The US economy won't collapse because, and this is going to shock you, but there is very little reason for the world to devalue our currency, as our currency benefits almost everyone.

Your fantasy illusions of shadow organizations that are keeping you down and plan to implode the world are false- take it from a guy who has gotten close to the inner workings of the system many times. There is no single group doing anything, there are several groups (corporations, families, guilds, etc) that have often competing interests and pacts and plays. You don't even know the players, and yet here you are predicting a winner, like a man in a cave trying to predict the weather.

I'll just leave it at this- I know more than you, about many things. Everything is much more mundane than it seems and you're dead wrong because the world doesn't work like a dystopia written by a twelve year old. When the world doesn't end in five years, I'll be here to remind you you were wrong. And again in ten. And again in twenty. Because there's plenty of time left on the clock. Trump's win also isn't what you think it is- it was the ultimate power play by the rich, a last ditch effort to strike back against what they saw as Hillary's harbinger of socialism. It's going to speed up the wealth consolidation process of certain players while costing others, but this actually created stability in the interest of maintaining the current system (an interest that has manifests itself in higher dollar and stock prices).

The next step for people that are power players is to attempt to repeal FATCA, instate corporate tax holidays, and repeal exit taxes, then wait out the next election while increasing overseas using their newly powerful dollars. If we get a socialist, it'll be a capital exodus. The goal is to keep the system turning, because without money, there is no power. With money, all things are possible for those that possess it and understand it. No one wants to transition to a Chinese system because of the lack of rule of law, as moving your assets to China basically puts a target on your back for literal execution so that the government can seize your assets.

Me though, I'm just going to ride out my days skimming the gravy because I actually understand what's going on and know the right people. Regardless of where the economy goes, I'll be fine, because I have the necessary measures in place to deal with basically any situation that could hit the world (aside from global thermonuclear war, as my bunker is not going to be finished for three more years). You should stop complaining and learn the game, cause it's win or die either way.

House go try and find the treaties and read them that go back centuries after all these wars that govern the world today and your life daily. If you can find them you will learn something and what you will learn is you are wrong. There is a reason you are not allowed to see the treaties the real ones anyhow because the dupers have alot to hide from the duped..

Did you ever read Alan Greenspan's article entitled " Gold and Economic Freedom " ?, all I can say is our rulers love you. Your an educated man who is really not very educated just as planned by the education takeover for the communal dictatorships desired end goals...

By the way your one of the duped....... :roll:
Keep telling yourself all that. I'll be the one laughing my way to the bank pulling a half million a year before Trump's first term is over.
House your what makes this whole entire illegitimate system we currently use go.
All systems are bull****. All that matters is winning with the one you're dealing with.

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4560
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by Taco » February 18th, 2017, 1:45 pm

HouseMD wrote:
Taco wrote:The dollar should be at a 14 yr low not a 14 yr high. They can't get rid of it fast enough. You don't want to be on the wrong side of this trade.

Foreign Governments Dump US Treasuries
http://wolfstreet.com/2017/02/09/foreig ... buys-them/

Image
Foreign governments are hurting for capital, so they're selling their US bonds and reserves because the US dollar is comparatively strong right now.

And the really big failing you have is that you don't understand how recessions can be a good thing.
Nice try. Your big failing is that the chart above is signaling an economic depression not a recession.
“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"

HouseMD
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1463
Joined: February 14th, 2012, 3:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by HouseMD » February 18th, 2017, 2:02 pm

Taco wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Taco wrote:The dollar should be at a 14 yr low not a 14 yr high. They can't get rid of it fast enough. You don't want to be on the wrong side of this trade.

Foreign Governments Dump US Treasuries
http://wolfstreet.com/2017/02/09/foreig ... buys-them/

Image
Foreign governments are hurting for capital, so they're selling their US bonds and reserves because the US dollar is comparatively strong right now.

And the really big failing you have is that you don't understand how recessions can be a good thing.
Nice try. Your big failing is that the chart above is signaling an economic depression not a recession.
People utilizing your currency to pay their debts while it is strong signals economic weakness! Stop the purses everyone, Taconomics well prove both classical economics and logic wrong!

Let me explain it to you like you're five. Let's say you've got 1,500 units of debt. You own three currencies, which, under normal circumstances have a value of 0.5 units (we'll say this us Yuan), 1 unit (USD), and 2 units (we'll say this is GBP). You have 1,000 yuan, 1,000 USD, and 500 GBP, which normally have a value of 500, 1,000, and 1,000 units, for a total of 2,500 units. Due to relative strength in one country and weakness in others, you are currently in a situation where the GBP is worth 1 unit, the Yuan is worth 0.25 units, and the USD is worth 2 units- your total holdings are now worth 2,750 units, but most of it is in dollars because of their relative strength, and you expect currency prices to ultimately return to where they were within two or three years. So if you pay all of your debt in USD, you end up with 1,250 remaining units now and 1,750 units when currencies return to their baseline values- you paid off your 1,500 in debt at a bargain price of 750 credits because you understand the basic principle of currency fluctuations and relative currency valuation.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25335
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by Winston » February 28th, 2017, 7:41 pm

Wow the dollar to PH peso rate today is 1 = 50.10 at the cash exchange booths in Angeles City! I never seen the dollar that high in the Philippines before since 2006 when I first arrived!

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/con ... USD&To=PHP

1 USD = 50.2258 PHP
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5614
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by Adama » March 1st, 2017, 7:47 pm

Winston wrote:Wow the dollar to PH peso rate today is 1 = 50.10 at the cash exchange booths in Angeles City! I never seen the dollar that high in the Philippines before since 2006 when I first arrived!

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/con ... USD&To=PHP

1 USD = 50.2258 PHP
How are you going to celebrate this wonderful occasion?

HouseMD
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1463
Joined: February 14th, 2012, 3:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by HouseMD » March 1st, 2017, 11:49 pm

Adama wrote:
Winston wrote:Wow the dollar to PH peso rate today is 1 = 50.10 at the cash exchange booths in Angeles City! I never seen the dollar that high in the Philippines before since 2006 when I first arrived!

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/con ... USD&To=PHP

1 USD = 50.2258 PHP
How are you going to celebrate this wonderful occasion?
Probably going to convert the H in PHP into a 4, knowing him lol...

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4437
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by Moretorque » March 2nd, 2017, 3:54 pm

HouseMD wrote:
Adama wrote:
Winston wrote:Wow the dollar to PH peso rate today is 1 = 50.10 at the cash exchange booths in Angeles City! I never seen the dollar that high in the Philippines before since 2006 when I first arrived!

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/con ... USD&To=PHP

1 USD = 50.2258 PHP
How are you going to celebrate this wonderful occasion?
Probably going to convert the H in PHP into a 4, knowing him lol...
The Doc doesn't even worry about exchange rates when he travels, he just drops his trouser's and that is the rate of exchange.
Time to Hide!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4437
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by Moretorque » March 2nd, 2017, 3:54 pm

HouseMD wrote:
Adama wrote:
Winston wrote:Wow the dollar to PH peso rate today is 1 = 50.10 at the cash exchange booths in Angeles City! I never seen the dollar that high in the Philippines before since 2006 when I first arrived!

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/con ... USD&To=PHP

1 USD = 50.2258 PHP
How are you going to celebrate this wonderful occasion?
Probably going to convert the H in PHP into a 4, knowing him lol...
The Doc doesn't even worry have to worry about exchange rates in that case when he travels, he just drops his trouser's and it's free.
Time to Hide!

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25335
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by Winston » October 29th, 2017, 5:03 pm

Wow the US dollar is 1 to 51.6 Philippines pesos now. Its even higher than before. How can that be? I thought the dollar was gonna crash? What happened to Taco's predictions?

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/con ... USD&To=PHP

1 USD = 51.6527 PHP
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

HouseMD
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1463
Joined: February 14th, 2012, 3:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by HouseMD » October 29th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Winston wrote:Wow the US dollar is 1 to 51.6 Philippines pesos now. Its even higher than before. How can that be? I thought the dollar was gonna crash? What happened to Taco's predictions?

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/con ... USD&To=PHP

1 USD = 51.6527 PHP
Taco has never been correct. He's a broken clock.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Business, Finance, Taxes, Investments, Cost of Living, etc.”