Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

US Markets Hit Record Highs

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: US Markets Hit Record Highs

Postby Cornfed » June 17th, 2017, 5:40 am

HouseMD wrote:That being said, I'm eagerly awaiting a correction. So much money to be made every time the economy takes a dive, and women to be had if I were to so choose. You seem to fear financial turmoil, I understand it, and relish it, because it's not a disaster but a phase of a game that can be won quite easily if you know how to play.

Could you elaborate?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Taco » June 17th, 2017, 4:39 pm

HouseMD wrote: You seem to fear financial turmoil, I understand it, and relish it, because it's not a disaster but a phase of a game that can be won quite easily if you know how to play.

Financial turmoil is only one factor to consider in the next crash. Like millionaire Trevor Berwick I've already moved myself and my assets off shore for the big event.

“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Taco » June 29th, 2017, 12:46 am

w
“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby HouseMD » June 29th, 2017, 12:49 am

Taco wrote:
HouseMD wrote: You seem to fear financial turmoil, I understand it, and relish it, because it's not a disaster but a phase of a game that can be won quite easily if you know how to play.

Financial turmoil is only one factor to consider in the next crash. Like millionaire Trevor Berwick I've already moved myself and my assets off shore for the big event.

Lol, it's not going to be that bad. All of my assets are safe though, I have them... Well secured.
HouseMD
Experienced Poster

Postby Taco » June 29th, 2017, 12:50 am

You can believe this person...

Yellen: Another Financial Crisis Not Likely 'In Our Lifetime'
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/27/yellen-banks-very-much-stronger-another-financial-crisis-not-likely-in-our-lifetime.html

Or you can believe this person...(interview starts at 3:50)

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Taco » June 29th, 2017, 1:25 am

HouseMD wrote:
Taco wrote:

Lol, it's not going to be that bad. All of my assets are safe though, I have them... Well secured.

Entire states are going bankrupt but the Americas finances are in perfect order. That makes a lot of sense.

Illinois debt is about to be rated 'junk.' What that means
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/25/illinois-debt-is-about-to-be-rated-junk-what-that-means.html
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby HouseMD » June 29th, 2017, 1:36 am

Taco wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Taco wrote:

Entire states are going bankrupt but the Americas finances are in perfect order. That makes a lot of sense.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/25/illinois-debt-is-about-to-be-rated-junk-what-that-means.html

Even the most bankrupt states don't have all that much debt, aside from notable exceptions like MA, which has the highest debt per capita at nearly $11,000. Most states have 4k or less debt per capita, which could easily be wiped away with a burst year of higher taxes, perhaps 2% income tax across the board.
HouseMD
Experienced Poster

Postby Taco » June 29th, 2017, 8:37 am

HouseMD wrote:
Taco wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Taco wrote:

Even the most bankrupt states don't have all that much debt, aside from notable exceptions like MA, which has the highest debt per capita at nearly $11,000. Most states have 4k or less debt per capita, which could easily be wiped away with a burst year of higher taxes, perhaps 2% income tax across the board.

Its hard to pay off the debt(14.6 billion) when all the taxpayers are leaving the state.

Chicago area leads U.S. in population loss
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-census-population-loss-met-20170322-story.html
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Taco » July 1st, 2017, 2:41 am

Schiller index is at its second highest market valuation going back to 1881.

Robert Shiller: "The Index I Invented Is At Levels Last Seen In 1929 And 2000"
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-29/robert-shiller-index-i-invented-levels-last-seen-1929-and-2000

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Taco » July 7th, 2017, 6:30 am

Durable Goods Orders remain 5% below 2007’s peak (while the S&P is 55% above its 2007 peak).

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby HouseMD » July 8th, 2017, 1:33 pm

Taco wrote:Schiller index is at its second highest market valuation going back to 1881.

Robert Shiller: "The Index I Invented Is At Levels Last Seen In 1929 And 2000"
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-29/robert-shiller-index-i-invented-levels-last-seen-1929-and-2000

"The Index I Invented"
"I Invented"

Bullsh**. I could create an index to show literally anything.

Stocks are overvalued, we're due for a correction. And it'll be a standard correction ala 2008 or 2001. I'm actually surprised the cycle has lasted this long, but 8-15 years is a typical bull to bear cycle in the markets. Waiting for the bears to come rolling in, so I can go full bull and make a fortune.
HouseMD
Experienced Poster

Postby Taco » July 12th, 2017, 8:52 am

The Fed is getting ready to pull the plug on the markets.

What does that mean for stocks?

We're going to have the 3rd and worst crisis in 20 years.

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby HouseMD » July 12th, 2017, 10:18 am

Taco wrote:The Fed is getting ready to pull the plug on the markets.

What does that mean for stocks?

We're going to have the 3rd and worst crisis in 20 years.

Oh look, more fanciful nonsense.
HouseMD
Experienced Poster

Postby Cornfed » July 12th, 2017, 10:44 am

Rather that look at financial indicators for when the collapse will happen, we should probably look for the situation when most of the boomers retire, and so the ticks become bigger than the dog. Then whatever financial juggling goes on, we will face an actual resource crisis.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby HouseMD » July 12th, 2017, 10:48 am

Cornfed wrote:Rather that look at financial indicators for when the collapse will happen, we should probably look for the situation when most of the boomers retire, and so the ticks become bigger than the dog. Then whatever financial juggling goes on, we will face an actual resource crisis.

Boomers are a bane, not a boon. They cost far more than they are worth, are far less productive than their younger counterparts, and will pass on substantial wealth when they die.
HouseMD
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Business, Finance, Taxes, Investments, Cost of Living, etc.