Update: WE ARE BACK ONLINE! The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. If there are any problems or issues, please report them in the announcement thread. Note: Unfortunately I was not able to import the posts made after the crash (on Sept 18) into the restored forum. However, I exported all the posts submitted after the crash into a Word file, so you can download it, find your posts and re-post them. Download the posts here. Thanks for your patience and welcome back everyone!

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Poverty Is Not An Accident

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Re: Poverty Is Not An Accident

Post by Man With a Plan » July 9th, 2019, 7:55 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 1:50 pm
MarcosZeitola wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 10:24 am
There's a lot of bitter and broken people on this forum. I genuinely hope you all find your niche and your place on God's once-green earth.
I do come off as gloating with these types, but I do it not only for fun, but to motivate. Some quiet ones do catch on, but the ones too consumed by anger and frustration never do.

One thing I can say for certain is we never see successful people who are secure in their contentment behave in such a way. Therein lies the core reason but some are just not bright enough to connect the dots.

But @Cornfed and @Ghost don’t make it at all easy for us to feel sorry for them. That’s for sure.....
Not that you're any better, of course. The most sensible person on this forum has to be xiaomao and he's gone now. Even the pedos Rock and Will N Dowd weren't this bad. But I tire of having these conversations. Improve or don't; it's your life after all.
The Grey Menace | Lone Wolf

Neo
Freshman Poster

Post by Neo » July 10th, 2019, 7:08 am

Cornfed wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 8:59 pm
Neo wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 8:49 pm
A man's problem could be solved if he moved to Poland, Hungary, Russia or sub Saharan Africa, or Asia. I can't see A.A. affecting him there.
Then there's still the issue of what he is going to do for a living.
There is this TV show called, "I Almost Got Away with It." Many times it's about some men trying to escape US law enforcement by running down to hide in Mexico. As far as I can tell, they don't seem to have a hard time getting jobs down there, surprisingly.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » July 10th, 2019, 7:22 am

Neo wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 7:08 am
Cornfed wrote:
Neo wrote:
A man's problem could be solved if he moved to Poland, Hungary, Russia or sub Saharan Africa, or Asia. I can't see A.A. affecting him there.
There is this TV show called, "I Almost Got Away with It." Many times it's about some men trying to escape US law enforcement by running down to hide in Mexico. As far as I can tell, they don't seem to have a hard time getting jobs down there, surprisingly.
What do they generally do?

Neo
Freshman Poster

Post by Neo » July 10th, 2019, 7:49 am

Cornfed wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 7:22 am
Neo wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 7:08 am
Cornfed wrote:
Neo wrote:
What do they generally do?
It's been awhile, but I remember one was a computer instructor of some kind.

I also now remember an old member from this site: Skateboardsteven or stephen? Anyways, moved to Brazil on no money and found a wife, lives a Brazilian in a barrio somewhere.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.