What if there was a group called....

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
zacb
Experienced Poster

What if there was a group called....

Post by zacb »

Businessmen Without Borders? Instead of providing medical or other technical services like Doctors Without Borders, they provided capital, guidance, and overall advice? I have thought about similar ideas before, like what if you combined Heifer International with an infusion of capital and advice from Silicon Valley? And there are some things such as neo-imperialism that would have to be figured out, and policies derived so it does not turn into a power grab. Any thoughts?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

sounds interesting.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What if there was a group called....

Post by zboy1 »

zacb wrote:Businessmen Without Borders? Instead of providing medical or other technical services like Doctors Without Borders, they provided capital, guidance, and overall advice? I have thought about similar ideas before, like what if you combined Heifer International with an infusion of capital and advice from Silicon Valley? And there are some things such as neo-imperialism that would have to be figured out, and policies derived so it does not turn into a power grab. Any thoughts?
I've actually though of doing something similar for some time now. Since I have a business degree and I want to be involved in international business and also live overseas, maybe creating such an organization could help me achieve my dreams/goals?
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Perhaps. I just think that many times aid orginizations may feed people, but they never stabilize their economies, which leads to more poverty, and in some cases extremism. Think of the multiplier effect that would occur if only 1,000 people were trained to be entrepeneurial. And even if the average hiring amount for each, that would be 10,000 jobs. So not only would it help them, but it would help the non-entrepeneurs. I have had this on my heart for a while, but I have been thinoing about it a lot lately.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com