How to Quit Your Slave Job and Live Well

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

How to Quit Your Slave Job and Live Well

Post by Teal Lantern »

10 Reasons Why You Have to Quit Your Job This Year
http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2013/01/10 ... this-year/

In Soviet Amerika, job quits you. :?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

That article was just a ray of sunshine :).

I can handle the job I have - it's not an awesome dream job but I've had much worse. My focus though lately has been about living within my means and reducing material and cultural attachments to the degree that I can and improving relationships with my daughters and bride to be.
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I'm just completely lost. If I could expect to marry young in college and have 2.5 kids, get a solid job and work my way up through retirement I would do it. There's no security anymore. My generation can't expect these things. Women aren't going to college for Mrs. Degrees because they've become valuable work assets - more than men because they stay in line as long as it's not sexual harassment. The average marriage age keeps rising, the divorce rate keeps rising, the number of single mothers keeps rising. Even my own parents are barely holding on. So no family means nothing to work for. If I were lucky enough to have a solid family without fear of divorce what can I expect from a job? It's not just the poor economy, but there's no loyalty. Whoever stays with a company until their retirement anymore? I've never had a job and I quit college. Living with my parents working on online business. Just keep trucking.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Too late suckers - I quit my job last year! I'm still working my incredibly long notice period. Only 3 weeks do go though!

This ain't for everyone though.

Anyone wants a job AND money should just go back to college and learn how to work in the oil and gas industry. I heard estimates that there will be 50,000 new jobs in the UK in this field, and many (most?) of those jobs will be very highly paid!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

abcdavid01 wrote:I'm just completely lost.
The map we were given doesn't match the landscape we find ourselves in.
Hold on to your sanity. That lost feeling goes away and then you'll wonder why you were ever confused.
This is why I say every man needs at least one LTR, so he doesn't go through life thinking he missed out on some wonderful event.
"Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" -- as long as you don't have to keep making payments on the experience. :wink:

abcdavid01 wrote:If I could expect to marry young in college and have 2.5 kids, get a solid job and work my way up through retirement I would do it. There's no security anymore. My generation can't expect these things.
Security was always an illusion, backed up by many lies and the possibility of an early workplace death.
There is some basis for those old jokes about the kids looking like the milkman or butcher.

abcdavid01 wrote:Women aren't going to college for Mrs. Degrees because they've become valuable work assets - more than men because they stay in line as long as it's not sexual harassment. The average marriage age keeps rising, the divorce rate keeps rising, the number of single mothers keeps rising.
Let college women pay for their own spending habits.
Let single moms live in the slums among the thuglets they hatched.

abcdavid01 wrote:Even my own parents are barely holding on. So no family means nothing to work for. If I were lucky enough to have a solid family without fear of divorce what can I expect from a job? It's not just the poor economy, but there's no loyalty. Whoever stays with a company until their retirement anymore? I've never had a job and I quit college. Living with my parents working on online business. Just keep trucking.
No family means you're under less pressure to find a plow to pull.
As better writers than I have put it, freedom means no restrictions, but also means no guarantees.
Your online business will allow you to help your parents -- without having to get permission from your wife -- who would want you to help out her parents, with any spare funds.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Have to Quit Your Job This Year

Post by Cornfed »

Teal Lantern wrote:10 Reasons Why You Have to Quit Your Job This Year
http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2013/01/10 ... this-year/
This is all well and good, but the trouble is that whorporations own pretty much all productive resources, so any business outside their greedy clutches is just fighting over the few scraps from the table. We need to get together to take resources back from the scum.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Got this via a link from http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/ 8)

http://pandodaily.com/2013/01/09/young- ... o-survive/
... you see your software engineer friends getting jobs easily. But it’s not just them. There are countless labor jobs — everything from HVAC to plumbing — that still pay big dollars.
My advice to young people is to figure out how to make something. That means either working with your hands, or learning how to type code with them.

When the delivery truck goes on the fritz or the building AC goes down, the company isn't going to send the truck or building to ChIndia for repair.
You be the one they call :!:

As usual, a bit of wisdom to found in the comments as well.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Working for someone else is modern day slavery. The 9-5 grind is a perfect example of it. Unfortunately many people will stay inside the jail box and never have the balls to try to come out because of fear. I am not and never was a believer in the 9-5 system. Yes, I had my times where I had to grind away but that was only temporary for survival. While I was a slave, I was always pursuing my plans to get out.

College degrees are only helpful if you're looking to get into a specific field such as being a doctor, lawyer, etc. But when it comes to being an entrepreneur, a degree is overrated and not necessary. Some of the most successful and rich people of the world never went to college. I have many friends who are very book smart people with degrees who are currently unemployed, or have jobs that pay way less than many of my entrepreneur friends who never went to college.

I'm sure some of you know but for those who don't, you should check out Rich dad/Poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki. The poor dad was always about going to school and getting a job. The rich dad taught him to think outside the box to be successful without the typical go to school get a job approach.

JOB stands for Just over broke. Employers purposely like to keep their slaves in control by not giving them too much and throwing them a bone here and there. The system is designed to keep the slaves to rely on these companies for survival. It's a terrible way to live. With unrealistic tax rates and mediocre income, no wonder why the middle class is diminishing.

I encourage everyone out there to think of a plan and go on your own. Don't let a slave job hold you back because there is ALWAYS a way out. You just have to make a plan, be disciplined and execute it. Believe me, it works. I've done it and so can you.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Great articke. I got out in 2007. Haven't looked back since. There is nothing better than making your own way in the world.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

The_Adventurer wrote:Great articke. I got out in 2007. Haven't looked back since. There is nothing better than making your own way in the world.
I agree 100%. Way to go man
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Awesome article. Here is a similar one:

10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/0 ... get-a-job/

Whether self-employed or not, the most important thing is that you are doing what you love. Otherwise, if you are not doing what you love, you will feel weak, unhappy and give up after a while. But you can only succeed at something if you don't give up, hence why you need to do something you truly love, not just for the money.
Last edited by Winston on January 31st, 2013, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
JamaicaninChina
Freshman Poster

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Have to Quit Your Job This Year

Post by JamaicaninChina »

Excellent! As a friend and supporter of the Happier Abroad movement, I'm giving a free Turn Your Passion Into Profit/Achievable Freedom call-in workshop/teleclass this Friday, Feb 1 at 8pm Eastern Time. It's for the *passionpreneur, nomadpreneur, vagabondpreneur, saipanpreneur, and hip hop entrepreneur who wants to turn his/her purpose and passion into a means to survive and thrive. Details at http://www.waltgoodridge.com/events along with free downloads of ebooks to prepare for the event as well as the call-in number and PIN.

Among other things, I'll be discussing why choosing a "better" belief system is a critical first step in freeing yourself from corporate employment and "Quitting your job this year!"

*p.s. type in each of those "preneur" names as urls (passionpreneur.com, nomadpreneur.com, etc.) to reach each dedicated site.

p.p.s. Thanks to Winston for giving me permission to promote the event here!
I'm not here to convince, justify, defend or apologize for my beliefs, choices or lifestyle. I'm not here for validation, vindication, approval or to respond to personal attacks. I'm here to share a philosophy & formula that worked for me! And in a world of 6 billion, if ONE person can do a thing, then it MUST be possible for at least ONE other person to do the same! Freedom is achievable!
Turn Your Passion Into Profit - http://www.waltgoodridge.com
Jamaican in China blog - http://www.jamaicaninchina.com