New and better ways to send money to the Philippines

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

New and better ways to send money to the Philippines

Post by Winston »

Ladislav et al,
I found some new and better ways to send money now to your "sugar babies" in the Philippines that are cheaper and more convenient than Western Union, and less restrictive than Xoom, which for some reason doesn't let you send money if you're not in the US (stupid).

This one is being advertised all over Angeles City. There are brochures for it everywhere.

http://www.ko-kard.com

Here is another one I found through a Google ad:

https://www.ntrust.com

For more info, visit the sites above.

Hope that helps.

Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: New and better ways to send money to the Philippines

Post by Winston »

Warning: I would not use Ko-Kard.com anymore unless you have no choice. Ko-Kard.com now takes 2 or 3 weeks to send funds to the recipient. Yet it does NOT tell you that on their website or FAQ section. No one can wait that long to receive money, yet they keep doing that and keep giving lame excuses. Every time I ask them why it's taking that long, I get a response like this:
Why is my last transaction taking two weeks again? Come on! Are you deaf? NO ONE can wait two weeks for their money!!!!! You do this every time! Why doesnt your website address how long it takes?

Response:
Dear Winston,

Thank you for your email.

We would like to inform you that we have already made a follow-up with regard to the processing of your transaction. There have been a delay due to technical issue with our secondary vendor in the US which caused interruption with the processing of payouts. However, rest assured we are working to solve this problem as quickly as we can. We are expecting for the payout update within this week. We will notify you immediately once completed.

We apologize for the delay.

Best Regards,

Kimberly
ko-kard Support
http://www.ko-kard.com
Yet they do this every time. How can that be? Others on RipoffReport.com have complained about the same thing:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ko-kardco ... ph-1197536
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ko-kardco ... et-1196179

Instead, I would use the Western Union website, which now lets you send money online to your girl in the Philippines. You can use a credit card or bank account and the transfer only takes a few minutes. And the fee is only 5 dollars.

http://www.westernunion.com

However, WU has a lot of security measures and if you aren't a square person who sends money from the same country that your bank account or credit card is located in, it will trigger red flags and cause your transaction to get declined. You have to call them to verify your identity, and even that may not work. So if you travel abroad, it will be difficult to use WU to send money unless you're in the same country that your bank account or credit card is in. Apparently, WU expects you to be square and always be in your own country.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Best way, if you are in the states, is to get a Wells Fargo account and set up for international transfers. You do have to be at the USA bank location to set it up initially and the recipient(s) (which can include yourself) have to be specified. But after that you can do it from anywhere online. Money can be picked up at many foreign banks, particularly BDO, and only a flat $4.95 fee regardless of amount. People should be aware though, all of these type of services make their real money on the exchange rate they use. I don't know of any way to beat that.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Anyone use this to send money to the Philippines? Is it fast and reliable?

https://www.remitly.com

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I just sent my first transaction on Remitly. They gave me a $40 gift card that I can use at Amazon, Target or Walmart. Then they gave me this referral link so that you guys can sign up too, and if you send a first transaction of $100 or more, they will give you a free $40 gift card too, which you can use at Walmart, Target or Amazon.com. Here is the referral link. If you use it, I will get $10 credit too.

Remitly
http://remit.ly/@1yey1ai

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I've discovered something. You can use Remitly, which I mentioned about above, to send money to yourself in the Philippines, to avoid high ATM fees! I just tried it and it worked. There are no fees but the exchange rate is about 1 peso lower than the market rate. So for example if the market rate is 46 pesos per dollar, then the rate that Remitly gives you would be 45 pesos per dollar. So if you sent 200 dollars to yourself, for example, the fee would essentially be 200 pesos, which is about 4 dollars only. That's a lot less than the 15 dollar ATM fees I've been getting charged with, which are comprised of BOTH the flat foreign bank ATM fee and a percentage of the withdrawn amount charged by my US bank.

Anyway, here's my referral link on Remitly for you to click and sign up at. If you send at least $100 on your first transaction, you will get a $40 gift card which you can use at Walmart, Target or Amazon.com. And I will get a $10 credit too.

http://remit.ly/@1yey1ai

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Remitly is better. Xoom.com used to be good but now they have added all this extra security and keep blocking me.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:Remitly is better. Xoom.com used to be good but now they have added all this extra security and keep blocking me.
Xoom.com totally sucks. They have these strict rules that they don't tell you about. For example, if you send money from outside the US, they block your account and refuse to tell you why, but it's obvious why. After that, you can call them about it but they won't reinstate your account. Stupid and defeats the purpose of using them. Apparently, some sites such as Xoom.com expects every guy who uses it to be living in a Western country.

But Remitly.com is free and only charges only 1 peso per dollar by giving you a lower exchange rate that is 1 peso less than the market rate. And Remitly doesn't seem to mind if I send money when I'm in Asia. It has let me send money from anywhere, including the Philippines, and even lets me send money to myself.

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Wow Remitly looks amazing better than Xoom. I had issues with Xoom in India but earlier they were very good. The kosher banks all over the world have decided to charge you more for your own hard earned money. The banks in Philippines are criminals. They charge you 200 Pesos on top of shitty exchange rate and then you get charged by your own bank back home for foreign transaction fees.

When I was in Manila, I lost over 200 Dollars in fees alone :( :( and did not know the new rules.

Since, Jews don't like anyone else in money system as many good online exchange were raided and shut down by Jews using FBI. I looked into the founder and his name is https://www.remitly.com/us/en//home/the_team Matthew Oppenheimer :lol:

Oppenheimer surname is a German Jew and other teams are Indians. As long as a Jew is on top, I think we are safe :lol:

Xoom was started by Non Jews so they had all these trouble with Feds.

Looks like Remitly has a Kosher Seal of approval. :D
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow look. Paypal lets you send money to the Philippines now, via a variety of ways, such as through xoom.com and bank deposit or cash delivery to the receivers home, etc. Look at all the options below! The fees start at about 5 dollars per transaction. But the exchange rates are one peso lower than market rates though.

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/transf ... PH/options

Btw you have to be logged into your PayPal account to view the page above.

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Simplest approach is to set up a new bank account in the USA at an internet bank like Ally, which has no fees for zero balances, then give the ATM card to the woman, then transfer money to the account as needed. She can then take it out at any ATM. Zero fees (other than ATM fees of maybe $2 at the local bank) and standard 1% fee over the wholesale exchange rate. If the woman misbehaves, just tell the bank the ATM card was stolen and you want a new one (to give to the next woman).
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

or how about sending no money at all? That's the cheapest way.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Voyager1 wrote:or how about sending no money at all? That's the cheapest way.
Not if you have family and a son there. Dumb suggestion. What if you were a filipino kid and your father sent you no support at all and your mother could only earn 200 dollars a month, if at that? Would you be glad to not get any support?

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Winston wrote:Not if you have family and a son there. Dumb suggestion. What if you were a filipino kid and your father sent you no support at all and your mother could only earn 200 dollars a month, if at that? Would you be glad to not get any support?
Now let's look what you wrote initially
Winston wrote:Ladislav et al,
I found some new and better ways to send money now to your "sugar babies" in the Philippines that are cheaper and more convenient than Western Union, and less restrictive than Xoom, which for some reason doesn't let you send money if you're not in the US (stupid).
Did you say kid? No. You said sugar bitch. That means some scammer bitch and so what I said is the cheapest way is just don't send any money at all. Comprende senor?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Voyager1 wrote:
Winston wrote:Not if you have family and a son there. Dumb suggestion. What if you were a filipino kid and your father sent you no support at all and your mother could only earn 200 dollars a month, if at that? Would you be glad to not get any support?
Now let's look what you wrote initially
Winston wrote:Ladislav et al,
Did you say kid? No. You said sugar bitch. That means some scammer bitch and so what I said is the cheapest way is just don't send any money at all. Comprende senor?
Then you should have addressed it to Ladislav or quoted him. Yeah I agree that you shouldn't send too much money to Filipinas. But it's ok if you are supporting one girlfriend or partner there. Usually foreigners only date poor Filipinas and they expect an allowance or regular support. It's the way things work here in the Philippines. So it's normal to support them. The problem is that Ladislav supports too many Filipinas and is too generous to them. He gives in to their pleas too much. Otherwise, ideally you should be supporting one partner and give her only a few hundred a month. And not overdo it. That's what foreign guys here do.