12+ Ways to Make a Living in Thailand

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

12+ Ways to Make a Living in Thailand

Post by Winston »

Here is a video by AmericaninBangkok where he lists 12+ ways to make a living in Thailand.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This guy Jason Lee claims that it's easy to make money online in Thailand. lol. He obviously has no agenda (sarcastic).

He writes:

How make make money living in Thailand - Tips for Thailand expats! Making money online while living in Thailand IS TOO EASY! ---DETAILS HERE-- http://thailandebooks.net/thailand-eboo ... e-program/ Thailand ebook Affiliate Program
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

AiB
Is eBay viable option these days? Idea is simple, buying cheap in Thailand and shipping it off to Aust, Western Europe and US where price is much higher. Thing is you are not allowed sell counterfeit good which Thailand is famous for and prices of authentic brands are same as in the West or even higher.

anyone successfully doing it?
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Banano wrote:AiB
Is eBay viable option these days? Idea is simple, buying cheap in Thailand and shipping it off to Aust, Western Europe and US where price is much higher. Thing is you are not allowed sell counterfeit good which Thailand is famous for and prices of authentic brands are same as in the West or even higher.

anyone successfully doing it?
Winston - thanks for putting that up.

Jason Lee....lol...If I remember correctly, he's been in Thailand for less than a year. Out of the blue he asked to meet with me. I told him no, I'm sorry but I'm too busy. He then asked me to put his book up on my website and I told him no. First, it's my website in which I speak and write about Thailand. Makes no sense. Second, I'm writing several books, most of which are related to Thailand, so putting someone else's book on Thailand, again, it makes no sense. When I told him I was writing books, he asked me to sell them on his website. Once again, I told him no. I have friends who are writers and editors for magazines and newspapers and prefer to do things the old fashioned way; have a professional editor and/ or agent look over my work, get a publisher, or at the very least, be the publisher, then sell the book online and off. He got a bit rude, or sarcastic I'll say. Adding him into the picture does absolutely nothing except give money away to someone who isn't worth giving it to. Also, if you're writing a book, going with an established company is the way to go in my opinion.

I don't know if you know Winston but it looks like for the past couple of months, Lee has been concentrating on dating site reviews and is no longer pushing anything to do with Thailand. Apparently he has a dating site.

As far as eBay goes...it used to be a great gig and was something I did many years ago. Nowadays, it's tough to make a decent buck from it. It is possible, but in most cases it takes quite a bit of time to make enough to earn a living. eBay now limits the amount of items new sellers can list, for the first 3 months or so it's like 10 items. That's shit. Then, they hold back the funds for 21 days. I used to take photos of products I knew I could buy anytime, for instance, a particular type of liniment, and then list it. I could buy it anytime and every time it sold maybe I'd make $3.

In the past, I sold goods from Thailand and then from Asia. I did fairly well and would regularly make $2000+ a month. Then I sold phony football jerseys - they were excellent quality and at first I didn't know any better. I made even more. Then I sold things from Thailand again and found a couple of products that sold very well. I made more money than ever before. I got popped with the phony jerseys though and paid a fine of 100,000 baht. Never again. My buddy sold Formula One shirts, was issued a cease and desist order, and stopped. Years later, when he was moving, he saw them sitting in his storage area. He put them up for sale on Craig's List and was promptly set up and busted. He had to pay 40,000 baht.

The thing to do if you're going to sell on eBay from Thailand, and it's not easy, is to constantly search for products. They should be unique and lightweight so people aren't paying through the nose for shipping, or they should be unique, extremely expensive, one of a kind items (like furniture) that people are willing to pay the high shipping costs. You don't want to sell things that everyone and their mother can buy at a gift shop or at Chatuchak. Also, the eBay and PayPal fees eat into the profit so you really need to buy in bulk and do everything you can to maximize profits. For a while I sold Benjarong dishware - it was expensive and fairly easy to sell, but no matter how well I packaged it there was always breakage. No more eBay for me.

My wife sells one product that adds to our income. She does this on the side of her regular job. It does pretty well for her but she sells the same thing in bulk to Thais here and this helps even more. One other thing I thought about selling was Thai silk products; wallets, briefcases, scarves, etc., but it's too easy for people to find them in the US now. If people can buy your product in the US with a 10% mark-up, why would they send away to Thailand and risk paying duties and customs?

Listen, I'm of the opinion making money is almost never easy. The easiest money I've ever made - the first two were in Thailand.

1) Working as a boxing matchmaker, trainer and manager. Perhaps because I didn't consider this a job but I was paid well, there were lots of perks, and I was doing what I loved.

2) Online sales - there were a few years where I did very well. There are a lot of hassles and headaches but for a few years I made $5000-$10,000 a month off of one or two orders plus the other orders. Things were great then financially.

3) I worked as a printing broker. I knew the best places to buy printing wholesale, I had customers, and would mark the orders up and sell the orders at the higher price. This was stressful, because if you screw up you lose, but when you make $3000 off of one order that comes right, it feels pretty nice.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

AiB,
Why didn't you and Jason Lee just cross promote each other? Why do you want to do publishing the old fashioned way? That's the hardest way. Nowadays you can publish in paperback for free on CreateSpace.com, a subsidiary of Amazon.com.

Have you seen Jason Lee's ebook? Is it good? Why doesn't he publish it? The thing is, he only charges $4.99 for it, so if you earn half of that as an affliate, it's not worth the time. He should charge more for it, unless it's not that good.

anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Winston wrote:AiB,
Why didn't you and Jason Lee just cross promote each other? Why do you want to do publishing the old fashioned way? That's the hardest way. Nowadays you can publish in paperback for free on CreateSpace.com, a subsidiary of Amazon.com.

Have you seen Jason Lee's ebook? Is it good? Why doesn't he publish it? The thing is, he only charges $4.99 for it, so if you earn half of that as an affliate, it's not worth the time. He should charge more for it, unless it's not that good.
Winston - I'm not going to comment on his book. You're an intelligent dude, that's all I am going to say about it.

Also, while you may not know this, I am already a fairly well established writer and photographer and have a decent size platform, both on social media and off. He needs me a helluva lot more than I need him. I'm going to put his book on my site for a lousy couple of bucks? I don't think so. With the exception of Google, Amazon, and maybe ThaiLoveLines, I'm ready to take everything else off my site.

As far as CreateSpace, there is a chance I will use it. But I have a couple of people interested in what I'm writing and I'm weighing my options.

I will also say this...most of the self-published books about Thailand or related to Thailand are written by guys who would never be published if a literary agent or publisher were involved. There are a few established guys, one in particular I like is Colin Piprell, but most are garbage. There is one guy who actually admits he's a shitty writer but he keeps on writing. I admire him for trying and continuing but I've read parts of his book and he is definitely an abysmal writer.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Thanks for that AmericaninBangkok.

I find that a lot of what you said is applicable to any country. Either way, good job sharing.

Here's is what he said in his video (i took notes)

1.) Teach English - 30k. Money sucks. Need Degree and need TOEFL or deportation
2.) Website Sales - Vendor? But who is your market?
345) Free lance writer/photographer/ journalist - you need to be talented or gtfo

6.) Ebay - competition is extremeely stiff
7.) Day Trading -- be proficient at this
8.) Online gambling - illegal in thailand
9.) Running out properties -- you need to have properties

(he stops working numerating)

work as a normal person
selling illegal stuff

AmericaninBangkok, just one question -- when you said website sales on #2 do you sell to local Thais or to Americans?
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

mguy wrote:Thanks for that AmericaninBangkok.

I find that a lot of what you said is applicable to any country. Either way, good job sharing.

Here's is what he said in his video (i took notes)

1.) Teach English - 30k. Money sucks. Need Degree and need TOEFL or deportation
2.) Website Sales - Vendor? But who is your market?
345) Free lance writer/photographer/ journalist - you need to be talented or gtfo

6.) Ebay - competition is extremeely stiff
7.) Day Trading -- be proficient at this
8.) Online gambling - illegal in thailand
9.) Running out properties -- you need to have properties

(he stops working numerating)

work as a normal person
selling illegal stuff

AmericaninBangkok, just one question -- when you said website sales on #2 do you sell to local Thais or to Americans?
Website sales have only been internationally, never to Thais. Market depends on the product.

If you write or are a journalist you definitely need to have ability. Otherwise, you're going to be writing for a penny a word for content mills. Shit work.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

AiB,
I have some questions for you:

1. You said you need a TEFL/TESOL degree to teach English in Thailand. Can't you just teach at a smaller school or in a smaller town without a certificate? When I was in Poland, an English school owner wanted me to stay and teach in a small town, probably because they were in need of teachers and would accept someone without a teaching certificate. So I would imagine that in smaller towns where there aren't as many foreigners teaching, that one could teach English without a certificate. Is that true in Thailand?

If so, what could a teacher without a certificate expect to make there as opposed to one with a teaching certificate?

2. Could you, through your network there, help Steve or anyone else in this forum find such a teaching job in Thailand, or refer them?

3. You said you worked as a boxing instructor there. How did you get that job? Wouldn't a Thai boxer want a Thai teacher? How did you qualify to do that? Why aren't you doing that now?

4. Are most foreigners there on a tourist visa? If so, do they get it automatically at the airport? How long does it last for?

5. How do you get a longer visa to stay for a few months or more? Can you buy one?

6. Have you written any books on Thailand? If so, are they in ebook format or paperback format? Will you have an affiliate program for your ebooks once they are published?

7. Can you compare and contrast Pattaya and Bangkok? Which is better and why? Which is cheaper? Which is better for p4p?

8. If someone seeks a good Thai wife or long term quality girlfriend in Thailand, how do you recommend they find one?

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks,
Winston

anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Winston wrote:1. You said you need a TEFL/TESOL degree to teach English in Thailand. Can't you just teach at a smaller school or in a smaller town without a certificate? When I was in Poland, an English school owner wanted me to stay and teach in a small town, probably because they were in need of teachers and would accept someone without a teaching certificate. So I would imagine that in smaller towns where there aren't as many foreigners teaching, that one could teach English without a certificate. Is that true in Thailand?

If so, what could a teacher without a certificate expect to make there as opposed to one with a teaching certificate?
Thailand has cracked down on schools and teachers. You may be able to find a job without a certificate, however, most schools worth working for want at least the certificate AND a degree. The Ministry of Education (or Foreign Affairs, can't remember) requires teachers with work permits, that is, those working legally, to have degrees.
2. Could you, through your network there, help Steve or anyone else in this forum find such a teaching job in Thailand, or refer them?
Possibly but I wouldn't count on it. What I could do is give you a couple places which are known as the best places to find teaching jobs in Thailand. I taught English in 1997 and none of my friends are English teachers so I have no contacts in this area.
3. You said you worked as a boxing instructor there. How did you get that job? Wouldn't a Thai boxer want a Thai teacher? How did you qualify to do that? Why aren't you doing that now?
There is a difference between a Muay Thai boxer and a western boxer. Although I have some experience in Muay Thai, I was always better and more knowledgeable in western boxing. With a few exceptions, Thai boxers who fight in western boxing tend to do poorly when they fight abroad. Those who become champions, for instance, Khaosai Galaxy, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym, Denkaosan Kaovichit to name a couple, mainly fight in Asia and with the exception of Poonsawat who fought in Ireland, never fight elsewhere.

There have been a few western trainers who have helped some Thai fighters acclimate to fighting abroad and to change the usual Thai style of fighting, which is less mobile and uses less head movement than western champions.

I was mainly a matchmaker, manager, coordinator, but as time progressed, I put together some of the fitness programs and training regiments and started training guys. I worked more in-depth with one guy in particular who became the Asian champion.

How did I get the job? I got lucky...I covered an up and coming fighter for Ring Magazine, got to know his team, and it turned out his promoter was from Australia. Normally this doesn't happen but the promoter had money and the influence to help a couple guys go places in the sport. Once he and I became friends, he saw I knew the sport and could be a big help to his organization. So he hired me. I made more money than as a journalist and there were perks, plus I got to fly all over the world.

As far as qualifying...when I was a kid I trained in boxing. My mother wouldn't let me fight and she hated it. When I got older, I started doing a little kickboxing. As time went by, I spent time in gyms where there were world champions or former world champions and I picked up a few things. There are no schools in the US per se, that teach how to be a boxing trainer or manager, although this is slowly changing and there are programs. In Cuba, for instance, they have schools and this is why they turn out a ton of top-notch fighters.

For me, this was my dream job. But the promoter had some problems and eventually, my pay was cut. Then there was no money for the fighters or for me. So that was the end of that gig. Thais prefer to work with Thais and those farang trainers who work with Thais generally end up getting screwed. I can think of two guys who as soon as the world title was won, they were booted out. It takes a lot of money to represent a fighter and I tried after the job ended. I came close to managing a guy named Harry Simon in Namibia, but he was still under contract to a big promoter in the UK. He used to be an exceptional fighter, now he's over the hill, and I didn't want to risk being sued or worse by the British promoter. Plus, when it comes to the boxing business, I believe you need to strive to be as straight as possible. If you screw someone, it'll come back around eventually. So ethically, I didn't want to manage the guy. His brother called me 5 or 6 months ago still trying to get my help but Simon can't fight outside of Namibia because the British promoter will sue him if he did. It's a shame because I had a fight lined up for him on ESPN too. Another thing is the African fighters always thing they're worth far more than they're really worth and he was difficult to deal with. He expects $150-$200K when the reality is he'd be lucky to get $50K

Anyhow, after all this shit, I've soured on boxing. I teach my kids once in a while, and if some farang wanted to pay me, I'd probably train them, but I prefer writing and photography as it's a much less corrupt business.
4. Are most foreigners there on a tourist visa? If so, do they get it automatically at the airport? How long does it last for?
Tourist visas need to be applied for outside of the country, and not at the airport. What you're referring to is a No-Visa Entry. It's good for 30 days. Then you can extend for 10 days for 1900 baht. A tourist visa is good for 60 days and you can get a 30 days extension. Depending on where you get your tourist visa, you can possibly get a multiple entry visa good for as long as a year.

Then there's what I had, a non-M which is a journalist visa, and an O, or marriage visa. What I have now is a non-IMM O-A which is a retirement visa. It's good for a year and then I show the money in the bank and get another one year on an extension.
5. How do you get a longer visa to stay for a few months or more? Can you buy one?
You can't buy one but if you get an education visa, you can get a one year visa that needs to be renewed every three months. Each time it costs 1900 baht. You need to study Thai language, or Muay Thai, for a set period of time though.
6. Have you written any books on Thailand? If so, are they in ebook format or paperback format? Will you have an affiliate program for your ebooks once they are published?
No, but I have 4 or 5 that are halfway finished. Two are boxing books. I've set aside time to finish one book now — which is related to travel and Thailand — if you like, when I'm ready I'll send you the first chapter.

As far as affiliate programs, e-books, etc....First I'm concentrating on finishing the book. It's tough to squeeze in a couple of hours a day to write, especially if you're working on other things and have a family. But it needs to get finished. I'm hoping it'll be ready to go to an editor by the end of November at the latest. Then I see if I can get it published and figure out which direction to take.
7. Can you compare and contrast Pattaya and Bangkok? Which is better and why? Which is cheaper? Which is better for p4p?
Bangkok - huge city, whoring zones and massage parlors throughout the city

Pattaya - the city is predominately a brothel. There are part of it that are not but Pattaya has more P4P in a concentrated area than Bangkok.

Personally, I think Bangkok has better women but there are great looking women everywhere. I prefer Bangkok because it's much less in your face than Pattaya. In Pattaya, the city exists for women to find money to f**k for money. As someone who lives here, I don't want to hear their bullshit lines over and over again. Pattaya tends to be cheaper than Bangkok, but it depends on where you are specifically and the quality of the woman.
8. If someone seeks a good Thai wife or long term quality girlfriend in Thailand, how do you recommend they find one?
Don't act like a whore monger is a good start. If you have class, you'll attract class, even the classier whores. If you act like a cheap ass German arguing about paying 500 baht for a blowjob, then you get what you pay for.

Don't lose your cool with women, no matter what, learn the language and the culture, spend some time here before you even think about getting serious with anyone. Have fun with them. Even if you think they're an 11, just keep it light and have fun. If you come off too intense or act like you desire them, it will more than likely turn them off. Don't give up anything for them, and make sure to look sharp if you're on the prowl. Don't find them in Pattaya or a whoring area. Then you're left wondering....is she, maybe she's a hooker, etc. Take your time, in most cases they'll reveal themselves in a short period of time. Then you can decide what to do.

Oh...and I don't care what anyone here says...getting to know them online counts for SHIT. Get to know them when you can look into their eyes. Touch them to see how they react. Ask questions face to face so you can gauge their response. If you haven't met them (at least Thai women) and don't speak the language, unless they know your culture, how can you expect to carry on a relationship?

When I met my wife, I spoke decent Thai, she spoke okay English. It worked. Now we only speak English to one another but if we needed to, we could converse in Thai. I think this makes a big difference. I've met guys who after three days with a chick who doesn't speak English, decided to marry them. One old guy asked me why she was so friendly to me and not to him...I told him, maybe because she doesn't understand a word you're saying.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Good stuff, AiB.

Concerning making a living, someone who can make money in the US as an entrepreneur can make money as an entrepreneur in Asia. You either have that mindset and skillset or you don't.

Two thoughts come to mind:

1. A small niche could generate enough income to live abroad. An extra $1000 per month will not have a huge impact on the lifestyle of an American who is already making decent money, but that same $1000 would be all that a single guy would need in order to live an OK lifestyle in Chiang Mai, Luang Prabang, Phnom Penh or Hanoi.

2. You would need to have enough of a financial buffer to allow what I call "freedom of thought". By that I mean that you have to be able to relax in order to get the maximum out of your mind and your abilities. If you have $12000 in cash and you can live on $1000 per month then you have breathing room. Relax. Take a look around. Open yourself to the possibilities.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

AiB,
Thanks for your answers. So what's the average salary for an English teacher there? What about with no teaching certificate?

So if you enter Thailand and get a 30 day visa, and want to extend, can't you just take the bus to the country's border, then exit the country and come back in?

Have you talked to other expats who've been to Philippines and Thailand? How did they compare and contrast the two countries in terms of living, dating and culture?

Yes if you finish your ebook/book on Thailand, you can send me the first chapter. And if you do do an affiliate program, you can use E-Junkie, which is what Jason Lee uses. It manages your affiliate program great.

How does Phuket compare to Bangkok and Pattaya?

Do all these cities have nice beaches? Where do you find that vividly blue paradise beach that was featured in the film "The Beach" starring Leonardo DiCaprio?

Yes getting to know a girl online isn't as personal. Not through email. But if you talk on the phone and see her on webcam, you can get a pretty good idea of what she is like in person. It's the next closest thing.

I mean where do you go to meet quality Thai girls or middle class Thai girls? Do you suggest cold approaches, joining organizations, doing volunteer work, using online dating, or what?

Thanks,
Winston

anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Thanks for your answers. So what's the average salary for an English teacher there? What about with no teaching certificate?

$1000-$1330 - with credentials. Without certification, it may or may not be less. I am not really certain but it won't be more. If you get into a university (you'll need a degree, sometimes advanced, and sometimes with a TEFL too), the pay may be substantially higher.

So if you enter Thailand and get a 30 day visa, and want to extend, can't you just take the bus to the country's border, then exit the country and come back in?

If you want to extend, you can pay 1900 baht and get an extra 10 days. In order to get an additional 30 days, you need to fly back into Thailand. If you enter by land on a no-visa entry, instead of 30 days you'll only get 15.

Have you talked to other expats who've been to Philippines and Thailand? How did they compare and contrast the two countries in terms of living, dating and culture?

I know several guys who like me, have been to both places, and some have lived in the PI or still live there.

Yes if you finish your ebook/book on Thailand, you can send me the first chapter. And if you do do an affiliate program, you can use E-Junkie, which is what Jason Lee uses. It manages your affiliate program great.

If you want me to send it, I will. Sure.

I have e-junkie but I am not sure if I'll be using it or not.

How does Phuket compare to Bangkok and Pattaya?

Phuket doesn't compare to Bangkok as it's quite different. It is a higher end, more European-style destination than Pattaya. The big negative is transportation and prices (more expensive than Pattaya) - the Thai mafia has the local transportation system locked up. I lived there for a year - it's a friggin tourist trap just like Pattaya.

Do all these cities have nice beaches? Where do you find that vividly blue paradise beach that was featured in the film "The Beach" starring Leonardo DiCaprio?

Bangkok is about an hour away from Bang Saen which is okay at best. The beaches and ocean at Pattaya is a sewer, literally. Phuket has some nice beaches and some good places to check out in the surrounding areas. The Beach was filmed at Phi Phi Island, which is very nice. The ocean and the beaches down south are much nicer for the most part than Pattaya. Koh Samet and Koh Chang are okay but not as stunning as Krabi, Phi Phi, etc.

Yes getting to know a girl online isn't as personal. Not through email. But if you talk on the phone and see her on webcam, you can get a pretty good idea of what she is like in person. It's the next closest thing.

When it comes to women, I'm pretty intense. I want to see how they react face-to-face. To me, this is much, much more telling than anything online or by webcam. Some Thai women are timid and shy, and easily intimidated. This would immediately eliminate them - if they're like this with me they'll be like this with other people and I like a woman who is strong and can do things and stand up for herself. I have used online dating services and hookups many years ago when they first came out. I know there are exceptions but for me, I think it's really hard to judge a reaction any other way than in person.

I mean where do you go to meet quality Thai girls or middle class Thai girls? Do you suggest cold approaches, joining organizations, doing volunteer work, using online dating, or what?

This is the million dollar question, isn't it? I definitely support cold approaches however I think what is better is simply living your life, going to where you go, and getting to know people in your day-to-day life. Use the same places on a regular basis, occasionally switching up. At the grocery, at the fruit mart, 7'11, near universities, coffee shops, etc. I met my wife at a restaurant. She was a cashier. I kept going in, started talking to her, and eventually went out with her. She knew a friend of mine and actually worked for him in addition to the restaurant so that made it easier. But I think if you act like a whore monger, you attract whores.

Find women with real jobs, and by this I mean just about any place that is not a massage parlor, bar, disco, etc. This way, they're working, you can take things slow, date others, use MP's if you need to, and it's more difficult to jump into something. Plus, they're earning their own money and should have no reason to ask you for any.

When I was training boxers I would go to a gym near my house in the early morning a couple times a week. I kept seeing the same women. One woman asked me out — she was a good looking, successful woman. I told her I didn't think my wife would like my going out with her. Another one asked me out. She was older but sexy. I told her the same thing. I did hook up with a lady who lives in Chiang Mai on an airplane from Cambodia. We took a taxi back to my apartment, I got her number, and we went out a few times and had some fun. A couple of months ago while at the train station I hear my name called and it was her. It had been so long I forgot her name...

I've met and got numbers from women in FBT (Football Thailand sports store), at the bank, at hospitals, a photo exhibition I had, at press conferences, Pizza Hut (students), 7'11, and several coffee shops. I've never been the sort of guy to rush things and I think this comes across. I used to go to a particular Thai restaurant, now closed, and the place was a gold mine. There was a live band, mostly mellow Thai music but some western music, and all of the waitresses were either cute or sexy or just attractive. The place brought in regular customers who got to know the girls and tried to get with them. It wasn't a whorehouse, it was a respectable restaurant, and the staff was university students or girls not older than 25. I used to go there in the early afternoon when there were very few customers and it allowed me to get to know many of the girls and them to know me. To this day I still am friends with a few of them as they still work in the area where I live. I just saw one the other day and have video of her. She's decent looking, big breasts, and pleasant. But she's rather tall and although she's not fat, she's a bit heavy for my taste (135-140lbs) and I never hit on her.

I have a video going up in a couple of days call The Pork Store Girl...the girl has a very nice body, white silky smooth skin, she's pretty attractive, wears braces, and for whatever reason, she always flirts with me when I see her - always. I flirt with her in the video...can't help it. Thing is, she's a butcher who sells pork at an open market. Not exactly the type of woman I'd want for my wife. Now all I'll do is flirt but butcher or not, if I were single, I'd be all over her...just not for marriage...at least I don't think.

Thai women will eventually reveal their hand and I like to wait to see this happen. But Thai women, even good Thai women, will definitely tell you what they want. They're not the shy little angels many guys believe them to be. If I wanted a sure thing, I just went to a soapy or massage parlor, occasionally a beer bar or go-go.

Also, IMO, despite the truly good ones not jumping in the sack with guys in under an hour,if you go out with them once or twice and if you want to sleep with them, just get them back to your place or theirs. You can do this under the guise of learning Thai, teaching them English, watching TV so you can spend more time with them, whatever. It's no different than anywhere else that I've been. You may or may not close the deal but you just don't want to make them feel like a slut for going with you and most of the time, they'll go if it's at all possible. Sometimes they live in women-only apartments, sometimes they live with a girlfriend...it can be a pain in the ass but nobody said finding a decent woman is easy.It took me 33 years...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi AiB,
Thanks for your responses again.

A few more questions.

1. How many times can you extend a tourist visa in Thailand? Can it be extended indefinitely? Why do they only give you 10 days per extension? Why don't they want foreigners to stay longer? Foreigners pump money into the economy. Wouldn't they want that?

2. What do you think of Stickman Bangkok? Have you met him? Why does he sound so jaded in his blog? Is it because he made reckless mistakes, or are his complaints justified?

3. Why did you get married there instead of becoming a playboy? Isn't Thailand a playboy paradise? Why give that up?

Doesn't marriage get boring after a while and become monotonous with no variety? Do you recommend marriage to others? Does it make you happier?

4. Do you have a blog article where you list the advantages of living in Thailand over America?

Thanks.

anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Winston wrote:Hi AiB,
Thanks for your responses again.

A few more questions.

1. How many times can you extend a tourist visa in Thailand? Can it be extended indefinitely? Why do they only give you 10 days per extension? Why don't they want foreigners to stay longer? Foreigners pump money into the economy. Wouldn't they want that?

2. What do you think of Stickman Bangkok? Have you met him? Why does he sound so jaded in his blog? Is it because he made reckless mistakes, or are his complaints justified?

3. Why did you get married there instead of becoming a playboy? Isn't Thailand a playboy paradise? Why give that up?

Doesn't marriage get boring after a while and become monotonous with no variety? Do you recommend marriage to others? Does it make you happier?

4. Do you have a blog article where you list the advantages of living in Thailand over America?

Thanks.
1. It depends on the embassy. The embassy in Cambodia will only give one or two tourist visas. Some others will give more.

I don't know the other answers to your questions but I'm assuming it's because most tourists don't need to stay for 3 or 4 years without working. If someone wants to move to Thailand, then they need to be able to prove they can do so. This means they either need to have enough money in the bank or have a job in the country.

2. I don't know him personally although I have seen him around. I don't have anything bad to say about him. I used to read his site once in a while but haven't done so in years. Perhaps he sounds jaded because he married a Thai woman and she left him when things went south, I don't really know. I have a love-hate relationship with Thailand, as do most expats here, so it doesn't surprise me if he sounds jaded.

3. I ran around for years Winston. Before and during the beginning of my marriage. I've been with more women than most men will ever dream of being with and sowed my oats. After a while, being a playboy is nothing more than ego. Also, I didn't "give up" on anything. My wife is attractive to me, which is all that matters, and we have a solid relationship.

Does marriage get boring sometimes, of course. But so does running around and juggling women. It gets to be a pain in the ass and frankly I get tired of hearing women speak, whine, complain, pontificate, cry, yap, etc. Sometimes I just want to sit there with them - that's enough - when you're running around with different ones, most have a hard time doing this.

Marriage can get boring but it's like any relationship that works, it takes work. There are ups and downs just like in any relationship.

I would recommend marriage to others if they don't rush the relationship and take the time to get to know the person. Over time, most women, especially Thai women, reveal their intentions. If you are getting married after 2 or 3 months, it's easy for them to deceive you. Am I happier now? Definitely. Also, raising a family together is a ride like no other.

4. I don't have a blog article about this yet. Maybe in the future I will do something. Living in Thailand is not for everyone. I'm not someone who thinks Thailand is paradise on earth and the most fantastic place to live. I think it depends on the person.