What are my options?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

What are my options?

Post by Tsar »

I should be graduating college this May. I applied at good jobs but haven't gotten any replies. So it's doubtful I will receive any offer of employment for a good job. Working a minimum wage job, poverty-line job, or worthless slave labor type job isn't something I would do because it's not a viable option. Joining the US Military isn't an option because I won't fight for the country's elites. Every war that America has waged since WWII has benefited the elites or US imperialism. I have no interest in computers (it's not something I'm passionate about) and I'm not mechanically skilled. I will have a Business Administration degree. Most rents are overpriced compared to the median net monthly income for the low-paying jobs. I don't see any viable options.

I have no savings
I have no assets
I have no official work history

I have no student loans
I am debt-free

I don't know what my options are at the moment.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

When I think of what I want to be doing in the future I see myself running my own tourism business. Preferably in the country where I find a bride. That way I can handle the business aspects and communicate with English speakers, and do all the planning and make the tour packages. My bride can be my partner, handle the local communication like a translator. Regular vacation tour groups and a high-end specialty-service helping other people find their ideal bride. It would take some marketing and money to create a tourism business.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Don't give up on the job search.

I know I'm always preaching about becoming a business owner and an investor but you still need some money so you can live.

How about donating plasma for cash like djfourmoney suggests?

Before you start any business venture, you need a written business PLAN.

Perhaps you can submit your business plan to angel investors?

Consult with a business mentor who has experience in the tourism field.

A little while ago, you had sent me a PM about going into real estate.

Have you put in any steps towards that?

There are good real estate mentor organizations to join, are there any good ones in New England?

Maybe you could get enough real estate cash flow and equity to afford to start a business?

But you might need some kind of job to work at so you can have some kind of income, if you can't get a business off the ground any time soon.

Right now, you need some cash in your pocket at this point.

Maybe you could take some kind of entrepreneur course or class???

HA member marklambo works for himself, perhaps you can get some ideas from him?

Because I don't think that many people on HA have much experience working for themselves.

Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?t=21295

"Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosak is a great book to read.

If you want to start your own business or become an investor, you can't be afraid to talk to people face to face and go after what you want.

Running a business and becoming a real estate investor is not for the shy and faint of heart.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I intend to donate plasma. I am holding off for a few months because the flu has been somewhat bad this year and it's my last semester at college. There is a very good chance I will be graduating with the designation of Summa Cum Laude.

Right now I've been researching opportunities in real estate but I am not stable enough to sign for a loan.

I can write business plans for my business ideas. I just haven't found any angel investor website that sponsors any business except technology or programming type jobs.

Are there any social networking websites that link prospective entrepreneurs with angel investors or business mentors?
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Tsar wrote:I intend to donate plasma. I am holding off for a few months because the flu has been somewhat bad this year and it's my last semester at college. There is a very good chance I will be graduating with the designation of Summa Cum Laude.

Right now I've been researching opportunities in real estate but I am not stable enough to sign for a loan.

I can write business plans for my business ideas. I just haven't found any angel investor website that sponsors any business except technology or programming type jobs.

Are there any social networking websites that link prospective entrepreneurs with angel investors or business mentors?
www.gust.com

A private lender will cover your entire property including repairs.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Just keep plugging away at finding a job. Learn from every rejection, and fight for that foot in the door.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

xiongmao wrote:Learn from every rejection
The only thing he is likely to learn is just how f***ed up the system really is and, as an aside, just what vile cunts the HR bitches really are. Since he should know that already, the process is not likely to be very instructive. As to whether keeping plugging away is the right idea, it depends on the situation. It may be that he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell for reasons beyond his control.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Did you get an Associates Degree or a Bachelors Degree? If you got a Bachelor's Degree, then you can teach English abroad if you wanted to do that.

You did not need a college education to go into business for yourself. The "Degree" is only useful IMO to work for someone else...it can help you get in the door. However, a Business Admin Degree is very broad and it's going to be tough to get a position without applicable work experience.

Going into business for yourself is not easy. I've been involved in several business startups and none have worked out great. I'm not saying that it can't be done, but don't expect to hit it out of the park on your first try. IMO, best to use your degree to get a decent job and then use the extra funds that you don't spend on basic survival to start investing in business.

What are your interests? Best to get a job in something that you are interested in and then try to move up into a management position using your degree. If the company you are working for won't promote you, then use that experience gained and hop to a similar company that WILL give you what you want. Don't just accept whatever comes your way as you never get what you don't demand...
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

tre wrote:Did you get an Associates Degree or a Bachelors Degree? If you got a Bachelor's Degree, then you can teach English abroad if you wanted to do that.

You did not need a college education to go into business for yourself. The "Degree" is only useful IMO to work for someone else...it can help you get in the door. However, a Business Admin Degree is very broad and it's going to be tough to get a position without applicable work experience.

Going into business for yourself is not easy. I've been involved in several business startups and none have worked out great. I'm not saying that it can't be done, but don't expect to hit it out of the park on your first try. IMO, best to use your degree to get a decent job and then use the extra funds that you don't spend on basic survival to start investing in business.

What are your interests? Best to get a job in something that you are interested in and then try to move up into a management position using your degree. If the company you are working for won't promote you, then use that experience gained and hop to a similar company that WILL give you what you want. Don't just accept whatever comes your way as you never get what you don't demand...
Yep, I forgot to suggest to him that he could teach English in South Korea, China or Japan.

You can get a TEFL certificate, then you will be able to teach English overseas along with your degree.

The best TEFL certificate to get is the 100 hour certificate.

A TEFL certificate will get you more respect from the companies if you already have a degree.

You can get one from an accredited company called Ontesol, I think the certificate course might be $150 to $200.

www.ontesol.com
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 4th, 2020, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Ghost wrote:If things get desperate, (or before, as you shouldn't wait too long) just take your degree and head to Asia. That will put you a lot closer to Eastern Europe than staying put will.

Otherwise, odd-jobs, freelancing of some sort, and starting your own business are good ideas.

I wouldn't bother with the dead end jobs. All men should boycott those because HR/Management in the U.S. is the product of Satan herself and you can seriously get in legal trouble for bullshit reasons in the corporate world, even at a dead end service job. (Some bitch doesn't like you - congrats, some offhand comment that might not have even been directed at her now makes you a sexual harasser!) Boycott the femisphere. I would say take a "good job" if it appears, because at least you can stack cash quicker that way.

PM anytime Tsar. I'm happy to help if I can.
I always tell people that I don't want a dead end job or a serf type job. Forty hours a week working for low wages and low benefits, struggling to survive with the high costs of living and high taxes is not something I would tolerate. I would take a good job if one came and I would have at least a minimum enjoyment or a decent reward out of it.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

tre wrote:Did you get an Associates Degree or a Bachelors Degree? If you got a Bachelor's Degree, then you can teach English abroad if you wanted to do that.
I have my Associates. I should have my Bachelor's Degree in Business completed this May.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Why don't you apply to an MBA program in a foreign country where you want to meet the local women?
This could be ideal for you if you are willing to meet university girls and aren't still insisting on dating only 16-year-old virgins.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Jackal wrote:Why don't you apply to an MBA program in a foreign country where you want to meet the local women?
This could be ideal for you if you are willing to meet university girls and aren't still insisting on dating only 16-year-old virgins.
Student loans and debt-financed education are not options.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Tsar wrote:
Jackal wrote:Why don't you apply to an MBA program in a foreign country where you want to meet the local women?
Student loans and debt-financed education are not options.
Not even if it leads to having the time of your life overseas, making serious business and social connections in a foreign country which interests you, increases your confidence, skills, and earning potential, and overall positively changes your life forever?! You should reevaluate the pros and cons involved, I think.

Sometimes debt is an INVESTMENT in yourself. The world usually won't just hand you the opportunity of your dreams out of nowhere for free! lol