Banking In Mexico

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Banking In Mexico

Post by Jester »

Ran across this guys blogpost, seems to contain info not available elsewhere.

http://rollybrook.com/money.htm

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Bank of America no longer waves the ATM fees from Santander. You can use credit cards at Costco, Wal-Mart, Telnor and many other places. It's good to find a credit card that waves any foreign exchange fees.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I guess if you have a Charles Schwab money market account, all ATM fees are refunded.

I should get one of those.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Jester wrote:I guess if you have a Charles Schwab money market account, all ATM fees are refunded.

I should get one of those.
It's a good idea to get the account while you still are living in the US. They require a US residence address to open an account. They wouldn't even accept my US PO Box. It has to be a residence.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

MrPeabody wrote:
It's a good idea to get the account while you still are living in the US. They require a US residence address to open an account. They wouldn't even accept my US PO Box. It has to be a residence.
Yeah you're right.

I am using my mom's address for banking right now. If I gave a Mexican address my major US bank would drop me cold.