What are some easy ways to make a bit of money online?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Sensible / realistic suggestions please.
cbcsurvivalist
Freshman Poster

Re: What are some easy ways to make a bit of money online?

Post by cbcsurvivalist »

I wish I knew this answer myself so I wouldn't be stuck here in this soulless city dealing with all these fake people and feminists.
http://cbcsurvivalguide.com/ Tips and Tricks for the CBC in the 21th century
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

There is only one.

Sell information.

Your own or someone else's.

Any other way will present some difficulty or require some real skills.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

The_Adventurer wrote:There is only one.

Sell information.

Your own or someone else's.

Any other way will present some difficulty or require some real skills.
Or provide the information for free, collect eyeballs, and sell them to advertisers.

Also, if you have a niche and devoted followers you can sell them stuff like thematic t-shirts though Spreadshirt. Get affiliate relationships going with people like Bluehost (web hosting), Amazon, etc. Some of those can be very lucrative. But the people have to trust you in this approach, and not think you're trying to shake them loose from their money.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Yes info products and books is one way to go. I've got two books on amazon and my first info product on its way. That's your cue to click on the link in my signature and proceed to checkout.

What about drop shipping? I've been looking into it and it seems interesting but complicated. Has anyone been doing dropshipping?
cbcsurvivalist
Freshman Poster

Post by cbcsurvivalist »

Johnny1975 wrote:Yes info products and books is one way to go. I've got two books on amazon and my first info product on its way. That's your cue to click on the link in my signature and proceed to checkout.

What about drop shipping? I've been looking into it and it seems interesting but complicated. Has anyone been doing dropshipping?
Can you really make money selling books for such a low price? I notice the shorter ebooks sell for between $3-5. Tack on amazon's commission and I would imagine you make next to nothing. I'm not sure what you can even expect in terms of sales when your starting out, you have no reputation, no name, why would people choose to buy from you versus the thousands of others out there?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

cbcsurvivalist wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:Yes info products and books is one way to go. I've got two books on amazon and my first info product on its way. That's your cue to click on the link in my signature and proceed to checkout.

Can you really make money selling books for such a low price? I notice the shorter ebooks sell for between $3-5. Tack on amazon's commission and I would imagine you make next to nothing. I'm not sure what you can even expect in terms of sales when your starting out, you have no reputation, no name, why would people choose to buy from you versus the thousands of others out there?
That's why i'm not writing any more books, at least for now. But the good thing about amazon is that if you already have a platform elsewhere, you can just direct your people to your amazon page. Making decent or even mediocre money on amazon is very hard, despite what the gurus say. That's why I'm now focusing on information products.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Johnny1975 wrote: That's why i'm not writing any more books, at least for now. But the good thing about amazon is that if you already have a platform elsewhere, you can just direct your people to your amazon page. Making decent or even mediocre money on amazon is very hard, despite what the gurus say. That's why I'm now focusing on information products.
You would do far better to focus on what you really WANT to do. The reason is that no matter what you choose you will be in for a long, hard haul before you see any real money coming in. Ask Winston how many years he spent on Happier Abroad before he could actually make a living from it. Only be dedication and persistence through all the rough times does one find success, and those who find are the one who do what they truly want to do. They are doing something they would probably do anyway, even if there was no money in it.

Those who follow a path just because they heard there was money in it will be quick to give up when tough times hit.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
cbcsurvivalist
Freshman Poster

Post by cbcsurvivalist »

Johnny1975 wrote:
cbcsurvivalist wrote:

That's why i'm not writing any more books, at least for now. But the good thing about amazon is that if you already have a platform elsewhere, you can just direct your people to your amazon page. Making decent or even mediocre money on amazon is very hard, despite what the gurus say. That's why I'm now focusing on information products.
Wouldn't it make more sense in that case to just sell directly to the customer and avoid paying any commission to amazon?
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Open a dating site. Get a lot of models pictures. Provide gifts and flowers to these models that barely exists. Provide a translation service and charge by the minute. You get a cut of all traffic on the dating site and you can take your cut on the flowers and gifts that are sent to the girls. :P

Honestly, if it was easy to do, would anybody work in a bricks and motor office building? 98% of people who claim to be location independent entrepreneurs are just Trust Fund babies. :evil:
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

The_Adventurer wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote: That's why i'm not writing any more books, at least for now. But the good thing about amazon is that if you already have a platform elsewhere, you can just direct your people to your amazon page. Making decent or even mediocre money on amazon is very hard, despite what the gurus say. That's why I'm now focusing on information products.
You would do far better to focus on what you really WANT to do. The reason is that no matter what you choose you will be in for a long, hard haul before you see any real money coming in. Ask Winston how many years he spent on Happier Abroad before he could actually make a living from it. Only be dedication and persistence through all the rough times does one find success, and those who find are the one who do what they truly want to do. They are doing something they would probably do anyway, even if there was no money in it.

Those who follow a path just because they heard there was money in it will be quick to give up when tough times hit.
I'm working on my first info product. I started in january and it's a long hard process. It's not always satisfying. Sometimes it's frustrating. But there are also times when I look at what I've done and I'm proud. When it's complete, i'll be very relieved and satisfied. My point is that not everything one does has to be precisely what one would ideally want to be doing. It doesn't have to be pleasant in every single way throughout the whole process.

Would I do it for free? No. But that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy it, nor does it mean that it's always fun. Hard work is sometimes unpleasant or boring. And sometimes, what a person ideally wants to do is not lucrative, which is why it's important to be able to compromise and do something a bit different to what you really want to do. Maybe one day I'll figure out a way to make a living doing things that are 100% satisfying, but for now I would rather do something, and learn some stuff along the way, than do nothing. I'm learning a lot from this experience and I'm sure it will come in handy one day. But right now I need to be active.

I don't expect to make much money from what I'm doing right now, but the way I see it, i'm building a money making machine (aka business), bit by bit, product by product, skill by skill. I think my product is excellent, but I know I won't make much until I become good at marketing, and that's something that I'll have to get round to doing.

Cbcsurvivalist,

Yes, it would be better. Amazon has a built in marketing mechanism in the form of rankings. It's very useful. But it's only as useful as your own marketing efforts. A landing page and pay per click is another way, and I tried that but nothing happened (besides, I can't really justify pricing my books that highly so it's not worth it). I don't know what to do with my two books, but I have to keep reminding myself that all of this is a process. The fact that I've written two books is more important than how well they sell. I can't rely on any particular product, I have to think long term and also in terms of building myself (skills, patience, resolve, etc).
cbcsurvivalist
Freshman Poster

Post by cbcsurvivalist »

Johnny1975 wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:

I'm working on my first info product. I started in january and it's a long hard process. It's not always satisfying. Sometimes it's frustrating. But there are also times when I look at what I've done and I'm proud. When it's complete, i'll be very relieved and satisfied. My point is that not everything one does has to be precisely what one would ideally want to be doing. It doesn't have to be pleasant in every single way throughout the whole process.

Would I do it for free? No. But that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy it, nor does it mean that it's always fun. Hard work is sometimes unpleasant or boring. And sometimes, what a person ideally wants to do is not lucrative, which is why it's important to be able to compromise and do something a bit different to what you really want to do. Maybe one day I'll figure out a way to make a living doing things that are 100% satisfying, but for now I would rather do something, and learn some stuff along the way, than do nothing. I'm learning a lot from this experience and I'm sure it will come in handy one day. But right now I need to be active.

I don't expect to make much money from what I'm doing right now, but the way I see it, i'm building a money making machine (aka business), bit by bit, product by product, skill by skill. I think my product is excellent, but I know I won't make much until I become good at marketing, and that's something that I'll have to get round to doing.

Cbcsurvivalist,

Yes, it would be better. Amazon has a built in marketing mechanism in the form of rankings. It's very useful. But it's only as useful as your own marketing efforts. A landing page and pay per click is another way, and I tried that but nothing happened (besides, I can't really justify pricing my books that highly so it's not worth it). I don't know what to do with my two books, but I have to keep reminding myself that all of this is a process. The fact that I've written two books is more important than how well they sell. I can't rely on any particular product, I have to think long term and also in terms of building myself (skills, patience, resolve, etc).
Maybe you can try marketing it on fiverr. I'm not sure how much your charging for them but you can list them for $5 a pop on fiverr. If anything you can just leave it alone there and use that as another avenue for marketing your books. If someone places an order just send them a download link and your done. I'm not gonna lie though, its tough to get started on fiverr, hell I only made 2 sales on gig so far and I've had my gigs on their for close to 2 months now.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Easiest way to make money online is to take advantage of all those free training courses on offer and learn something in demand. Why scratch around for cents on Fiverr when you could be making $80,000+ a year in IT or finance?

BTW neither need a college degree.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Johnny1975 wrote:What are some easy ways to make a bit of money online?

Sensible / realistic suggestions please.
Can't promise "easy", but if you already have some content developed, have a look at patreon, maybe get some sponsors.
Oh, and "Buy my motherf***ing book" needs to be on a t-shirt or smth. :lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything