For the entrepreneurs here

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

For the entrepreneurs here

Post by Johnny1975 »

I've created a forum for entrepreneurs, and aspiring entrepreneurs.

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/
Last edited by Johnny1975 on August 3rd, 2015, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: For the entrepreneurs here

Post by Johnny1975 »

Come on folks.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Entrepreneur..the word sucks for many reasons, its the most pretentious word in English language
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Banano wrote:Entrepreneur..the word sucks for many reasons, its the most pretentious word in English language
Perhaps we could discuss that on my forum for entrepreneurs.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Is being an entrepreneur actually possible these days? You need a freeish market with intelligent individuals who have discretionary spending you can cater to for that, and clearly we don't have that now. The only people I know of with said to have who are said to be successful businessmen are actually just subcontractors enjoying the patronage of some corporation or government department, so really they are corporate middle managers without the job security rather than entrepreneurs.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:Is being an entrepreneur actually possible these days? You need a freeish market with intelligent individuals who have discretionary spending you can cater to for that, and clearly we don't have that now.
No, you just need to understand your customers and act accordingly. See:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=27151

I am making good money screwing middle class Americans. You might call this the Jewish approach, but I strongly support it. When the people are scum, they should be screwed. No reason for me to be poor just because consumers are idiots.

This is also why I am reluctant to join Johnny's forum. I don't really want to reveal the details of my businesses.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

fschmidt wrote:
Cornfed wrote:This is also why I am reluctant to join Johnny's forum. I don't really want to reveal the details of my businesses.
I started the forum because having like minded people around is very helpful, motivating, etc. And I don't know anyone personally who is into creating an online income. That's why I listen to a lot of podcasts, watch youtube videos, read books, and immerse myself in that world, to compensate. I don't know of anything that I can join, so I decided to do it myself.

You can discuss whatever you like, it doesn't have to be personal of specific. It might fail miserably, or it might grow into a nice community of people that can inspire each other. I have no idea, I just created it yesterday on a whim.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Okay, I will try it. You can PM me the link.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 11th, 2020, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

fschmidt wrote:
Cornfed wrote:Is being an entrepreneur actually possible these days? You need a freeish market with intelligent individuals who have discretionary spending you can cater to for that, and clearly we don't have that now.
No, you just need to understand your customers and act accordingly. See:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=27151

I am making good money screwing middle class Americans. You might call this the Jewish approach, but I strongly support it. When the people are scum, they should be screwed. No reason for me to be poor just because consumers are idiots.

This is also why I am reluctant to join Johnny's forum. I don't really want to reveal the details of my businesses.
What a loser lol

I'm making 20x more helping people.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

BlackKnight wrote:What a loser lol

BlackKnight is obviously typical modern scum, and his idea of helping people is being trendy. He claims to be making 20X more without having any idea what I am making. Both the trendy approach (like Facebook) and scams (like banking) can make a lot of money. Actually helping people cannot make money in modern culture.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

fschmidt wrote:BlackKnight is obviously typical modern scum, and his idea of helping people is being trendy. He claims to be making 20X more without having any idea what I am making. Both the trendy approach (like Facebook) and scams (like banking) can make a lot of money. Actually helping people cannot make money in modern culture.
You help people by helping them waste their time and money on nonsense they don't need. This, in turn, helps you get a fatter wallet. There are very few people who can claim in good conscience that they legitimately helped people: you need tangible results for that. Like when you are a fitness coach and you get a fat lazy person to get in shape, you helped that person. If you just sell him 'magic pills' and nothing happens, you didn't help anyone but yourself.

At the end of the day, helping yourself is what all of us do or try to do anyway. If, as a side effect, you also manage to help a few others, more power to you. But very few people can actually say they do.

"I help people" is a sales pitch in 99% of cases.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

fschmidt wrote:I am making good money screwing middle class Americans. You might call this the Jewish approach
Indeed! :lol:

Is it something like this

Just messing with you
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

fschmidt wrote:
BlackKnight wrote:What a loser lol

BlackKnight is obviously typical modern scum, and his idea of helping people is being trendy. He claims to be making 20X more without having any idea what I am making. Both the trendy approach (like Facebook) and scams (like banking) can make a lot of money. Actually helping people cannot make money in modern culture.
Right, so Google, Airbnb, Uber, etc ARE all just trendy and not really helping people? Lol, what an idiot. Entrepreneurship is about finding and solving problems i.e. helping people. I don't need to know what you're making to know you're joke. You're not an entrepreneur. You're a scammer.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

How about you discuss it on my wonderful new forum.