35% Of Young Men Live With Their Parents

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

35% Of Young Men Live With Their Parents

Post by Taco »

Young men are delaying marriage and all the usual trappings that come with it like home buying and kids. The main reason? Money, or the lack of it.

35% Of Young Adult Men In America Now Live With Their Parent(s)
http://thomasdishaw.com/2016/07/35-youn ... e-parents/

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 35% Of Young Men Live With Their Parents

Post by Adama »

There was another one of those on zerohedge, basically said ~40 of young women live at home. When women move out, often they don't even live alone. Usually they have one or two of their best female friends which they live with.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Why is that a bad thing...The western culture is programmed for you to be away from family and slave for corporations...Without these Psy-ops that once you are a grown a** adult, you should really live alone is to boost real estate and consumption in America.

In Asia, people live with their parents and it does not even cross their minds to live alone. It saves so much money.

In Asia, with China and India itself like 50% of world population lives with parents....Its a good thing :) :)
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

starchild5 wrote:Why is that a bad thing...The western culture is programmed for you to be away from family and slave for corporations...Without these Psy-ops that once you are a grown a** adult, you should really live alone is to boost real estate and consumption in America.

In Asia, people live with their parents and it does not even cross their minds to live alone. It saves so much money.

In Asia, with China and India itself like 50% of world population lives with parents....Its a good thing :) :)
+1
Just don't expect western "real men" to hear you over Edward Bernays.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

starchild5 wrote:Why is that a bad thing...The western culture is programmed for you to be away from family and slave for corporations...Without these Psy-ops that once you are a grown a** adult, you should really live alone is to boost real estate and consumption in America.

Totally TRUE!
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

It's all well and good living at home if you get on with your parents, but what if you don't?

I left home at 18 because of this reason and yes it was tough at first but I learnt so much about life at an early age by doing it, something I don't regret. By living at home under a safety net people become too reliant and comfortable and that's not necessarily a good thing.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

I am 25 and still live at home. Granted,i'm a full time college student and work full time too. I am still considered a loser by most people in American society though.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

US home ownership is at its lowest since 1965. That's why so many young guys are living with their parents. So, if your not worried about the US economy and standard of living you should be.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

GoingAwol wrote:I am 25 and still live at home. Granted,i'm a full time college student and work full time too. I am still considered a loser by most people in American society though.
Go to any Manginas Going Their Own Way site. You'll find there that even among the enlightened men who should be on your side, that there is a significant number among "the brotherhood" who call other men who live at home losers. These are men who care deeply about other men, remember, except for when one or two things are different about their lives. This is why I am proud not to be a member of MGTOW. They are manginas pretending to have love for other men, when they're only upset they're not getting laid.
nothingtolosetravel
Freshman Poster

Post by nothingtolosetravel »

Adama wrote:
GoingAwol wrote:I am 25 and still live at home. Granted,i'm a full time college student and work full time too. I am still considered a loser by most people in American society though.
Go to any Manginas Going Their Own Way site. You'll find there that even among the enlightened men who should be on your side, that there is a significant number among "the brotherhood" who call other men who live at home losers. These are men who care deeply about other men, remember, except for when one or two things are different about their lives. This is why I am proud not to be a member of MGTOW. They are manginas pretending to have love for other men, when they're only upset they're not getting laid.
Here is a fine example of the "brotherhood" known as MGTOW:

http://www.mgtowhq.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 25#p168743
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

nothingtolosetravel wrote:
Adama wrote:
Here is a fine example of the "brotherhood" known as MGTOW:

http://www.mgtowhq.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 25#p168743
Sometimes you'll read stuff like that. It is all about getting laid, and that's all they're angry about. The plight of other men is incidental.

Mainly though, when you hear of something bad happening to a man at the hands of a woman, some MGTOW will say he had it coming for daring to get involved with a(n American/Western) woman.

Most of these guys don't even realize. If you substituted the words "black" or "African American" for women or woman, these men would come across looking pretty racist. That is, they really are misogynists equivalent to racists. You can't talk about people the way they do in that thread without it actually being that you hate them. The test would be, substitute what they are saying about women with another protected class. Then it becomes clear these are just bigots. I am so happy I have escaped Manginas going the other (wrong) way.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Taco wrote:US home ownership is at its lowest since 1965. That's why so many young guys are living with their parents. So, if your not worried about the US economy and standard of living you should be.
The economy only grew at only 1.2% in the second quarter of this year, which is was far less than the expected 2.5%.

A recent poll showed that 68% of Americans think the country is on the wrong track.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

jamesbond wrote:
Taco wrote:US home ownership is at its lowest since 1965. That's why so many young guys are living with their parents. So, if your not worried about the US economy and standard of living you should be.
The economy only grew at only 1.2% in the second quarter of this year, which is was far less than the expected 2.5%.

A recent poll showed that 68% of Americans think the country is on the wrong track.

Wrong track???????????, depends on who you talk to. The creditor class who set this up will tell you it's on the right track.

They have inflated housing prices at a rate so far out of what salaries have been rising at it's not even funny. Just go look at what the average home cost 50 years ago.

There is no growth, overall the economy is contracting. Only social welfare has kept the wheels on to a degree.
Time to Hide!
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

I have a list of reasons why today 35% of young men live with their parents in the U.S. Here's the following:

1.) Many young people have huge amounts of STUDENT LOAN DEBT ( some even within the six-figure range).

2.) Having no or a bad credit history may prevent someone from getting either an apartment/condo or a house.

3.) Lack of affordable housing. In many cities across the U.S. the rents are high and buying a house is very expensive. This is especially true in places like Alaska, Hawaii (Honolulu), California (L.A., San Francisco, San Diego), New York, Washington D.C., Seattle, Boston, Miami, etc.

4.) Many young men are either unemployed or underemployed.
dreamofarakis
Freshman Poster

Post by dreamofarakis »

So true its amazing how deep the psyops control the entire country. How many parents have kicked out their kids because their tv said it was the right thing to do.