Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by Winston »

Hey guys,
Check this out. The US dollar has been very strong lately. Its almost even with the Euro now. And in the Philippines, the exchange rate is now almost 50 pesos to one US dollar! This is the highest its ever been in a long time. Take a look.

http://www.x-rates.com/table/?from=USD&amount=1

Why is that? Isnt the US economy supposed to be in a recession? What happened to Tacos dollar crash predictions, which never comes true? How does he explain this?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Wow the US dollar is so strong now! Why?

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Hey guys,
Check this out. The US dollar has been very strong lately. Its almost even with the Euro now. And in the Philippines, the exchange rate is now almost 50 pesos to one US dollar! This is the highest its ever been in a long time. Take a look.

Why is that? Isnt the US economy supposed to be in a recession? What happened to Tacos dollar crash predictions, which never comes true? How does he explain this?
The USD has gotten very strong against the majority of fiat currencies, oil, and certain commodities. You wanna know why??? Because the forum's most reliable counter indicator known as Taco has been predicting it's demise for years now lololo.

It also helps that Fed funds rates are expected to move in a slow path upwards and longer duration interest rates in general are expected to follow suit. So far, stock market has not yet reflected the expectations of rising rates though. So to keep it simple, just keep doing the opposite of what Mr. Taco recommends and you have a high chance of scoring high returns.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Its fake value...nothing to do with economy ...dollar only does what elites plan with it...Its a weapon...

The DOW is inching closer to 20,000 now..and yet American are working two jobs..

Forex is controlled by the AI
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This also means its a good time to go overseas now because your dollars are worth more. Even China, Russia and Ukraine give you more currency now for the dollar. Wow. China was 6 RMB to one dollar. Now its 7 RMB for one dollar.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:Hey guys,

The USD has gotten very strong against the majority of fiat currencies, oil, and certain commodities. You wanna know why??? Because the forum's most reliable counter indicator known as Taco has been predicting it's demise for years now lololo.

It also helps that Fed funds rates are expected to move in a slow path upwards and longer duration interest rates in general are expected to follow suit. So far, stock market has not yet reflected the expectations of rising rates though. So to keep it simple, just keep doing the opposite of what Mr. Taco recommends and you have a high chance of scoring high returns.
Quite right. However, in Taco's defense, i dont recall him warning that currencies are controlled by space aliens. The twilight zone zombies are usually hovering around... Rock, you are an island of rationality in a sea of lunacy.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Jim Willie said it would do this before it crashes and burns and America is a third world $hit hole, it has been the longest lasting fiat currency in history with out major revision but this is only because the petro $ arrangement made in 73.

When it is all said and done Taco will be right they can only juggle all these #'s and keep it afloat so long. The system was designed to fail and it is about to shortly....
Time to Hide!
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

I didn't notice because the dollar has been weakening against the Rand. It has been gradually climbing for a while. Didn't the dollar slump with Trumps election. Maybe it just recovering to where it was.

JOHANNESBURG - South African bonds were marginally firmer at midday on Thursday as the rand posted some gains against the dollar‚ which slipped from a 14-year peak on profit taking.

Emerging market currencies globally were boosted by the weaker dollar as markets wind down ahead of the holidays and investors look to US economic data later in the day for potential catalysts

The Rand also appreciated against the euro and pound
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Kradmelder wrote:I didn't notice because the dollar has been weakening against the Rand. It has been gradually climbing for a while. Didn't the dollar slump with Trumps election. Maybe it just recovering to where it was.

JOHANNESBURG - South African bonds were marginally firmer at midday on Thursday as the rand posted some gains against the dollar‚ which slipped from a 14-year peak on profit taking.

Emerging market currencies globally were boosted by the weaker dollar as markets wind down ahead of the holidays and investors look to US economic data later in the day for potential catalysts

The Rand also appreciated against the euro and pound
The dollar has been on a jag not so much because it is great as it is the lesser of evils. Ive sold the Euro as much as i could afford on average of $1.20 and did several times that on puts at the same time that hit the money around $1.12. The euro could hit its opening price from years ago, or become what the germans always wanted- a continent -wide DM in disguise.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Moretorque wrote:Jim Willie said it would do this before it crashes and burns and America is a third world $hit hole, it has been the longest lasting fiat currency in history with out major revision but this is only because the petro $ arrangement made in 73.

When it is all said and done Taco will be right they can only juggle all these #'s and keep it afloat so long. The system was designed to fail and it is about to shortly....
i used to believe based on the USA's mountain of debt that it would crash and burn next year. That was after the 2002 crash, so I've been mostly out of the market for the long bull run and a crash in 2008. Unfortunately, I don't think the USA is going to become a third world shithole anytime soon. The USA has millions of people that are dying to work and millions wanting to come in and work. Productivity has never been higher. I've traveled all over the world and I work with people from other countries. The USA may look ugly, but the best looking one in that ugly contest. Most of the rest are in worse shape and many countries are much more corrupt and less innovative than the US. I maybe wrong but I think you'll wait at least 20 more years for the implosion they've been talking about for past 20 years. I'm no longer losing sleep over it. I'm waiting for pull back in the market, then I'd like get back in. Being the least ugly is not so bad. Who is going to be the next super economy that will drive the world forward?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

WorldTraveler wrote:i used to believe based on the USA's mountain of debt that it would crash and burn next year. That was after the 2002 crash, so I've been mostly out of the market for the long bull run and a crash in 2008. Unfortunately, I don't think the USA is going to become a third world shithole anytime soon. The USA has millions of people that are dying to work and millions wanting to come in and work. Productivity has never been higher. I've traveled all over the world and I work with people from other countries. The USA may look ugly, but the best looking one in that ugly contest. Most of the rest are in worse shape and many countries are much more corrupt and less innovative than the US. I maybe wrong but I think you'll wait at least 20 more years for the implosion they've been talking about for past 20 years. I'm no longer losing sleep over it. I'm waiting for pull back in the market, then I'd like get back in. Being the least ugly is not so bad. Who is going to be the next super economy that will drive the world forward?
Exactly I was about to post that. Whatever ugly social/cultural sides we criticize of America, people do show up to work and do as told. Actually, in spite of all the sabotage, the innovation and production level is still big. The "we're not making anything anymore" is purely hyperbolical.

But this is not mutually exclusive with other big players existing, as has been covered about Asia and others.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

droid wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote:i used to believe based on the USA's mountain of debt that it would crash and burn next year. That was after the 2002 crash, so I've been mostly out of the market for the long bull run and a crash in 2008. Unfortunately, I don't think the USA is going to become a third world shithole anytime soon. The USA has millions of people that are dying to work and millions wanting to come in and work. Productivity has never been higher. I've traveled all over the world and I work with people from other countries. The USA may look ugly, but the best looking one in that ugly contest. Most of the rest are in worse shape and many countries are much more corrupt and less innovative than the US. I maybe wrong but I think you'll wait at least 20 more years for the implosion they've been talking about for past 20 years. I'm no longer losing sleep over it. I'm waiting for pull back in the market, then I'd like get back in. Being the least ugly is not so bad. Who is going to be the next super economy that will drive the world forward?
Exactly I was about to post that. Whatever ugly social/cultural sides we criticize of America, people do show up to work and do as told. Actually, in spite of all the sabotage, the innovation and production level is still big. The "we're not making anything anymore" is purely hyperbolical.

But this is not mutually exclusive with other big players existing, as has been covered about Asia and others.
Quite right! I am thinking that this forum is a US based entity. And with all the ongoing hyperbolic activity, I would assume the USA is number one in baloney manufacturing as well as male bovine fertilizer production!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

'
Last edited by Taco on December 25th, 2016, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Japan needs a high US dollar to keep its economy strong. China needs a low US dollar to keep its economy strong. China has been in currency war with the US the last few years. You can expect this turn into a trade war and then a nuclear war between China and America. The US has been paying China with IOU's for years and the Chinese are not going to take it for much longer.

A strong US dollar also hurts US corporate earnings, emerging markets and European banks.

The $USD Strength Just Became a REAL Problem For China
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-2 ... blem-china

The Strong Dollar Spells Trouble For China and Europe
http://www.outsiderclub.com/the-strong- ... urope/2174

China has been having a few problems with its bonds lately because of the high dollar.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

starchild5 wrote:Its fake value...nothing to do with economy ...
This is correct. Exchange rates are more or less based on speculation, and nothing else.

Exchange rates here in Japan can change overnight considerably and difference between highest/lowest can be 20 % down and 20 % up from the average middle, depends what you want, you might win 40 percent! But often you might lose 20 percent.

It's like playing cards, based on pure luck.

I keep some money in foreign currency but also some other part in Japanese yen and when looking at the monthly balance sheet, the total sum is always about the same...
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Yohan wrote:
starchild5 wrote:Its fake value...nothing to do with economy ...
This is correct. Exchange rates are more or less based on speculation, and nothing else.

Exchange rates here in Japan can change overnight considerably and difference between highest/lowest can be 20 % down and 20 % up from the average middle, depends what you want, you might win 40 percent! But often you might lose 20 percent.

It's like playing cards, based on pure luck.

I keep some money in foreign currency but also some other part in Japanese yen and when looking at the monthly balance sheet, the total sum is always about the same...
I do the same. Spread investment across asia, europe america and local. The worst performance was japanese so i sold a lot of that.The local is good but when balanced across drop in the Rand it is about average. European ironically was the best return. Largely due to the drop in the Rand.

No matter what we try the cream ends up as shekels in the Jew's money bag, as they are behind these manipulations. Like the Goldman Sachs Greek swindle. And their more recent manufactured Ukraine swindle. They just make sure whitey makes enough profit to keep putting his money in.