US Markets Hit Record Highs

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: US Markets Hit Record Highs

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:That being said, I'm eagerly awaiting a correction. So much money to be made every time the economy takes a dive, and women to be had if I were to so choose. You seem to fear financial turmoil, I understand it, and relish it, because it's not a disaster but a phase of a game that can be won quite easily if you know how to play.
Could you elaborate?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

HouseMD wrote: You seem to fear financial turmoil, I understand it, and relish it, because it's not a disaster but a phase of a game that can be won quite easily if you know how to play.
Financial turmoil is only one factor to consider in the next crash. Like millionaire Trevor Berwick I've already moved myself and my assets off shore for the big event.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zD7xR0DGuE[/youtube]
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

w
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Taco wrote:
HouseMD wrote: You seem to fear financial turmoil, I understand it, and relish it, because it's not a disaster but a phase of a game that can be won quite easily if you know how to play.
Financial turmoil is only one factor to consider in the next crash. Like millionaire Trevor Berwick I've already moved myself and my assets off shore for the big event.
Lol, it's not going to be that bad. All of my assets are safe though, I have them... Well secured.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

You can believe this person...

Yellen: Another Financial Crisis Not Likely 'In Our Lifetime'
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/27/yellen-b ... etime.html

Or you can believe this person...(interview starts at 3:50)

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

HouseMD wrote:
Taco wrote:
Lol, it's not going to be that bad. All of my assets are safe though, I have them... Well secured.
Entire states are going bankrupt but the Americas finances are in perfect order. That makes a lot of sense.

Illinois debt is about to be rated 'junk.' What that means
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/25/illinois ... means.html
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Taco wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Taco wrote:
Entire states are going bankrupt but the Americas finances are in perfect order. That makes a lot of sense.

Even the most bankrupt states don't have all that much debt, aside from notable exceptions like MA, which has the highest debt per capita at nearly $11,000. Most states have 4k or less debt per capita, which could easily be wiped away with a burst year of higher taxes, perhaps 2% income tax across the board.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

HouseMD wrote:
Taco wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Taco wrote:

Even the most bankrupt states don't have all that much debt, aside from notable exceptions like MA, which has the highest debt per capita at nearly $11,000. Most states have 4k or less debt per capita, which could easily be wiped away with a burst year of higher taxes, perhaps 2% income tax across the board.
Its hard to pay off the debt(14.6 billion) when all the taxpayers are leaving the state.

Chicago area leads U.S. in population loss
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Schiller index is at its second highest market valuation going back to 1881.

Robert Shiller: "The Index I Invented Is At Levels Last Seen In 1929 And 2000"
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-2 ... 9-and-2000

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Durable Goods Orders remain 5% below 2007’s peak (while the S&P is 55% above its 2007 peak).

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Taco wrote:Schiller index is at its second highest market valuation going back to 1881.

Robert Shiller: "The Index I Invented Is At Levels Last Seen In 1929 And 2000"
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-2 ... 9-and-2000

"The Index I Invented"
"I Invented"

Bullsh**. I could create an index to show literally anything.

Stocks are overvalued, we're due for a correction. And it'll be a standard correction ala 2008 or 2001. I'm actually surprised the cycle has lasted this long, but 8-15 years is a typical bull to bear cycle in the markets. Waiting for the bears to come rolling in, so I can go full bull and make a fortune.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The Fed is getting ready to pull the plug on the markets.

What does that mean for stocks?

We're going to have the 3rd and worst crisis in 20 years.

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Taco wrote:The Fed is getting ready to pull the plug on the markets.

What does that mean for stocks?

We're going to have the 3rd and worst crisis in 20 years.

Oh look, more fanciful nonsense.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Rather that look at financial indicators for when the collapse will happen, we should probably look for the situation when most of the boomers retire, and so the ticks become bigger than the dog. Then whatever financial juggling goes on, we will face an actual resource crisis.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:Rather that look at financial indicators for when the collapse will happen, we should probably look for the situation when most of the boomers retire, and so the ticks become bigger than the dog. Then whatever financial juggling goes on, we will face an actual resource crisis.
Boomers are a bane, not a boon. They cost far more than they are worth, are far less productive than their younger counterparts, and will pass on substantial wealth when they die.