Crypto Currencies Exploding Higher

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Crypto Currencies Exploding Higher

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
December 7th, 2017, 6:10 am
Cornfed wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 5:31 pm
Is there a way to place put options on bitcoin?
There will be Bitcoin futures soon but, with this kind of volatily, how much margining will exchanges ask for and how much margining will players want to put up with?
That is a good point. Contrary to what many might think, speculative structures like a futures market tend to
Reduce volatility, at least in widely traded issues.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:
December 7th, 2017, 8:31 am
publicduende wrote:
December 7th, 2017, 6:10 am
Cornfed wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 5:31 pm
Is there a way to place put options on bitcoin?
There will be Bitcoin futures soon but, with this kind of volatily, how much margining will exchanges ask for and how much margining will players want to put up with?
That is a good point. Contrary to what many might think, speculative structures like a futures market tend to
Reduce volatility, at least in widely traded issues.
Future markets are usually a hedge against volatility, but how good these instruments can be for the foaming crazy horse that is BTC, it remains to be seen. Case in point, Bitcoin had a ridiculous 30% hike in the space of a few hours tonight. The only instruments that can tame such craziness are exotic options: barriers, binaries etc.

The moment CME and other mainstream exchanges will start trading BTC futures, people will start to realise what mess they are sticking their hands in.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Bitcoin hits another record high in march towards $20,000
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-mark ... SKBN1E60PE

It's Official: Bitcoin Surpasses "Tulip Mania", Is Now The Biggest Bubble In World History
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-1 ... ld-history
The_Penguin
Freshman Poster

Post by The_Penguin »

Cryptocurrencies probably won't be going away anytime soon unless North Korea launches an EMP attack that erases all the server and computer data in North America. I almost bought 100 bitcoin when it was at $15 a bitcoin but I figured it wouldn't go anywhere. There was only really bitcoin at the time and a few other competitors close to a penny which are also expensive. I really hope an EMP attack so people really start avoiding cryptocurrency again and return to gold and silver that are real assets. I would honestly be a millionaire today if I had bought the crypto currencies.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

One of the benefits of the bitcoin rally is that alt-right people and others who aren’t lackeys of the ZOG can receive payments in bitcoin after their Patreon and other accounts were cancelled by the forces of evil, and therefore received much more money than they otherwise would have. God is on the side of the alt-right.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The chart pattern on Bitcoin has all the hallmarks of a final, terminal, blowoff that will be followed by a catastrophic wipeout and probably soon, and when that happens you don’t want to be anywhere near it.

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Taco wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 6:33 pm
will be followed by a catastrophic wipeout and probably soon
Not soon. Human stupidity has reached a new high, which means bubbles can reach a new high. Bitcoin will continue to go higher until the world runs out of suckers, and that may take a while.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

How can you lose?

Bitcoin Hits New Record High
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-glob ... SKBN1E919T
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Ava777
Freshman Poster

Post by Ava777 »

Though there haven't been any replies for a long time here, it is interesting to read this topic. I started using Bitcoin not long ago (frankly speaking, I regret that I didn't invest in it earlier), but I'm glad that I decided to do this as according to the forecasts and cryptocurrency news sites its price might reach more than $20k soon. So, I'm crossing my fingers :) As for the other currencies, Ethereum and Altcoin have become more popular, so I'm thinking about investing in them. What about you, guys? What currencies do you use (exept Bitcoin)?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

All crypto currencies have done is made the point how messed up this civilization is and made the point that the communist were successful in duping everybody into believing a supply of #'s is a legitimate money system and it is not.

This is the the fascist monetary dream, a supply of #'s that can manipulate the worlds economy and all it's citizens at the stroke of a computer key.
Time to Hide!