Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why Anarchy can't work in the real world

Discuss issues related to government, politics, and law.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Why Anarchy can't work in the real world

Postby Winston » November 4th, 2014, 10:03 am

Arrogant self-righteous intellectuals such as Mark Passio and Stefan Molyneux, claim that government and authority is 100 percent unnecessary, invalid and unnatural. They believe that the ideal system is one of Anarchy, a society without laws, rules or authority. This is an extreme view, and as we all know, extremes are never good and cannot be sustained.

Anarchy cannot work in the real world. Some common sense logic reveals this. Thus those who advocate it are clearly delusional.

Without any law or government, any guy could do a hit and run on you and get away with it. People and logging industries could plunder all the forests of trees for profit. They could desecrate Yosemite National Park. They could steal all the petrified wood in Painted Desert, AZ. They could steal all the Indian artifacts in Mesa Verde, Colorado, like some did before, and get away with it. Hunters could kill off the rest of the buffalo and bison and make them extinct, like they almost did in the 1800's. Who would stop them?

See what I mean?

Also, under anarchy, I could go to your house and rape your wife or steal your things. Then, if you went after me in revenge, if I managed to gun you down, then I'd win and that would be the end of it. Is that the kind of justice that you want? There'd be nothing but gang warfare or clan warfare under such a system.

Even the founding fathers of America did not believe in anarchy. They were intellectuals who knew that such a system could not work, and neither could democracy. That's why they proposed a Republic (rule of law) with a small government whose role it was to protect basic rights and liberties. And that's what we had during the 1800's, when government was much smaller than the monster size it is today.

Anarchists are delusional angry hippies. They have ZERO experience in running a country or even an organization, so they know NOTHING about running a society. Thus they are talking out of their a** and don't know jack about running a country. They are just a bunch of arrogant self-righteous delusional hippies with irrational ideas that don't work in the real world. And their opinions are UNQUALIFIED too. They have no management skills, leadership skills or organizational skills. History also shows that anarchy doesn't work and never has. It's not a stable system at all.

The only way some Anarchy might work is if everyone lived in harmony with the earth and each other, like Native Americans did. But even they had their tribal laws and customs. So there can't be zero laws and rules. There has to be at least some, even if it's minimal. So 100 percent Anarchy can't work, but yeah, laws and rules can be reduced to a minimum if everyone lived in harmony with nature and others.
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Re: Why Anarchy can't work in the real world

Postby Moretorque » November 4th, 2014, 6:07 pm

You need a ethic code to live by and the all powerful state is not it, it all depends on us. Limited government but this requires a intelligent populace who understands what happens when you get to much power centralized.

Winston were out of time for this, either the populace wakes up now and realizes our children live here after us or this thing is going into total state tyranny because to much power has been centralized and they have the means to dispose of most of us with the technologies we created.

Real leadership and what the elites have setup is not it.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jonny Law » November 4th, 2014, 9:09 pm

-NEWSFLASH-
Anarchy is f***ing Awesome. It works great in the Real World. Anarchy is a system run by Warlords :)

Anarchy is in effect in the beautiful country Somalia.
http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1866404,00.html

If you love to fight and kill it is a great system :) Of course you have to enjoy it while it lasts because Warlords usually do not live very long.

Thanks and enjoy :)
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » November 5th, 2014, 2:03 am

Last edited by Ghost on November 4th, 2017, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zacb » November 5th, 2014, 4:00 am

Winston, what do you think of anarcho capitalism, or it's subsets such as panarchism? It seems like it is not against governance per se, just governace through force.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » October 6th, 2017, 10:18 am

Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby gsjackson » October 6th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Winston wrote:Image

Great cartoon. I've sometimes said that it's helpful to think of the U.S. government as a continuing criminal enterprise.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby Johnny1975 » October 6th, 2017, 8:04 pm

Anarchy doesn't mean no rules. It means no rulers. At least that's my understanding.
Location Independent Expat Relocate​

If you want to move abroad, but you can't decide where, I can help you.

http://lierelocate.weebly.com/
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » October 6th, 2017, 8:28 pm

zacb wrote:Winston, what do you think of anarcho capitalism, or it's subsets such as panarchism? It seems like it is not against governance per se, just governace through force.

Im no familiar with those terms. Can you elaborate on them?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » October 6th, 2017, 8:37 pm

Think about this everyone. When has there ever been a successful revolution or utopia that has made the world a better place?

Even anarchy has its flaws and wrong assumptions. Even without government there would be wicked men everywhere trying to take advantage of people and committing immoral deeds. Anarchy assumes the common people are all good and respect each other. But reality and human nature are not like that.

“One can say this in general of men: they are ungrateful, disloyal, insincere and deceitful, timid of danger and avid of profit...Love is a bond of obligation that these miserable creatures break whenever it suits them to do so; but fear holds them fast by a dread of punishment that never passes.” 
- Niccolo Machiavelli

Thats why some government is necessary and anarchy cant work. See the Machiavelli quote above. Its a false assumption to think people are good and only government is bad.

Even hunter gatherer tribes have some authority and elders who run the tribe. You cant have zero authority.

You need to have at least localized authority or chain of command. You cant have zero authority. I agree that too much centralized authority is no good though.

However, Chinese historians will tell you that splitting China into many little municipalities would be like ancient times - lots of wars between warlords in China and no peace. Isnt that why Emperor Qin, the emperor who built the great wall, wanted to create an empire to unify China, to end the domestic warfares in China and bring peace?

How would you refute that argument that Chinese historians would give?

It could also be that the ancient wars in China were exaggerated and propagandized as an excuse for empire building. Rulers lie all the time. So they could have lied about that too.

But even those spiritual new age native American Indian tribes warred with each other, which the new age movement likes to avoid mentioning. Lol

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » October 10th, 2017, 3:25 pm

To any anarchists here:

Im wondering something. Under anarchy, how would the following be resolved?

1. Who would protect the buffalo and bald eagle from hunted down to extinction? Currently they are protected by the US government. Utah has protected preserves for bison to live and repopulate since they were killed by hunters and fur poachers during the 1800s by the millions down to near extinction.

2. Whos gonna settle disputes and lawsuits such as land and territorial disputes? Whoever acts as judge or arbitrator has to have authority right?

3. Whos gonna protect you from robbers and criminals? Even if you have guns, what if they have more men and more guns than you and better shooters?

When you go out and travel the road, whats gonna prevent highway robbers from coming and holding you up?

4. Whos gonna protect and preserve the national parks? Whats gonna prevent the logging industry from cutting down all the trees in Oregon, Washington and the California redwoods? Whats gonna prevent farmers from taking over Yosemite and using it for cattle grazing and farmland like farmers wanted to do since the 1800s?

Whos gonna prevent thieves from stealing native artifacts at mesa verde, colorado? Like they did in the past? Today the US park service protects it. What happens when thats gone?

5. In the award winning PBS 9 hour documentary series "The National Parks - Americas Best Idea" directed by ken burns, it portrays the federal government as the hero that constantly saves the day. The 9 hour series shows many historical examples of how the federal government had to come in and save the national parks and preserve nature. Many industries and people wanted to desecrate or privatize the national parks. But the government was the hero that constantly prevented that from happening, with the help of US presidents such as Teddy Roosevelt and his cousin Franklin Roosevelt.

How do anarchists explain that or refute that?

6. Whos gonna build and maintain the roads and bridges in the country? Whos gonna pay for them?

7. Did you know that in the 1860s, no private corporation wanted to take on the risk of financing the transcontinental railroad? So the government had to step in and subsidize the whole project and contract two corporations for the job. Otherwise it would never have been built.

Why dont anarchists ever give the government credit for stuff like that? How would anarchists have been able to build the transcontinental railroad?

8. Isnt it true that seat belt laws save lives during automobile accidents? If so wouldnt more people be killed without seat belt laws? The government claims to have stats that prove that. They are probably legit. How come anarchists never consider stuff like this?

Also how would libertarians address these questions?

Thanks.

Winston
Site Admin

Return to Government, Politics, Law