Machiavelli - How the game of power is played, won and kept

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Machiavelli - Why elites cannot have the same morals as

Post by droid »

El_Caudillo wrote:Imagine if somebody like Donald Rumsfeld had a conscience like the rest of us? He'd be screwed.
I mean 'unknown knowns', can you get more Machiavellian than that?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnRB1QhOGko[/youtube]
Thanks for the video.
Shamelessness is the name of the game, never apologize, never admit you're wrong. Sick m*fers.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Machiavelli - How the game of power is played, won and k

Post by Moretorque »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
For those of you who constantly expect politicians and businessmen and elites to have the same morals as the common people, and wonder why good honest people can't attain power or get elected, this explains why.

Niccolo Machiavelli was an Italian philosopher.

Here are some short animated videos about Machiavelli's philosophy and teachings.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOXl0Ll_t9s[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSV6mwPfTI[/youtube]

Here is the full audio book for "The Prince" by Niccolo Machiavelli.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr2HO8nV3Ws[/youtube]

That guy looks like a FN monkey, proof we come from apes! and obviously our intellect didn't stray to far neither!
Time to Hide!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I've been reading more.
“When evening has come, I return to my house and go into my study. At the door I take off my clothes of the day, covered with mud and mire, and I put on my regal and courtly garments; and decently reclothed, I enter the ancient courts of ancient men, where, received by them lovingly, I feed on the food that alone is mine and that I was born for. There I am not ashamed to speak with them and to ask them the reason for their actions; and they in their humanity reply to me. And for the space of four hours I feel no boredom, I forget every pain, I do not fear poverty, death does not frighten me. I deliver myself entirely to them.”
― Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince
“When evening comes, I return to my home, and I go into my study; and on the thresh-hold, I take off my everyday clothes, which are covered in mud and mire,and I put on regal and curial robes; and dressed in a more appropriate manner I enter into the ancient courts of ancient men and am welcomed by them kindly, and there I taste the food that alone is mine, and for which I was born; and there I am not ashamed to speak to them, to ask them the reasons for their actions; and they, in their humanity, answer me; and for four hours I feel no boredom,I dismiss every affliction, I no longer fear poverty nor do I tremble at the thought of death; I become completely part of them.”
Last edited by Adama on June 14th, 2018, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Adama wrote:Naturally none of you spirit-less men will see this, but I do.
I'll make sure nobody takes your comfy spot at the lake :twisted:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 29th, 2017, 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Ghost wrote:The Adama Guide to Reading Literature:

Step 1: Open book.

Step 2: Read book on a third grade level.

Step 3: Decide whether or not you like the book for any reason or no reason.

Step 4: If you dislike book, claim author was possessed by demons.
Step 5; if anybody disagrees they burn in the lake of fire.
Time to Hide!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

\ :o
Last edited by Adama on June 14th, 2018, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

“It's better to be impulsive than cautious; fortune is female and if you want to stay on top of her you have to slap and thrust. You'll see she's more likely to yield that way than to men who go about her coldly. And being a woman she likes her men young, because they're not so cagey, they're wilder and more daring when they master her.”
You can tell it was a different world back then. It sounds like the gender roles were more rigidly define. How is it a man can openly say this? He's just telling it like it is. Women want to be dominated. Some men take that to mean that women like bad boys. I just say that women were meant to obey, and most men have been deceived into treating them as co-equals. Naturally you see they gravitate to the dominant men. That's because that's how they're wired. Not because they prefer evil. Look at the beliefs we come to based upon depression.
“Women are the most charitable creatures, and the most troublesome. He who shuns women passes up the trouble, but also the benefits. He who puts up with them gains the benefits, but also the trouble. As the saying goes, there's no honey without bees.”
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 29th, 2017, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If any of you want to download Machiavelli's "The Prince" in multiple ebook formats, see here:

https://archive.org/details/princemac00machuoft

You can get paperback copies on Amazon.com or maybe at the bookstore.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Machiavelli's advice for nice guys.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQlnmWCPgA[/youtube]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Interesting animated video on the 48 laws of power by robert greene. Its very Machiavellian. The kind of thing rock would like. Lol

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=670ZGMBjrPI[/youtube]

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another animated video on the 48 laws of power by robert greene. This one is narrated by an indian guy who sounds like starchild. Lol

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLg5mA5H1QI[/youtube]

Description:

Click here for more insight: https://goo.gl/YVgPDx
Get the book: https://goo.gl/Q4ycra

After watching this video you will know how the politicians control you. You will exactly what it is that you respond to, and you will know how not to get taken advantage of. These 48 laws of power can be found everywhere in the world.

We live in a world where the people in power want to stay in power. And for the most part, they're going to be able to do that using these 48 laws of power. But armed with these laws, you will know what they're doing. And you can use these laws yourself to get in power, whether politically or even in your office.

Now these 48 laws of power are not unethical. Just like the law of gravity isn't unethical. These are just laws, you can use them however you wish, both good and bad. Many people would rather not learn about the 48 laws of power, but they choose to do so at their own risk.

Watch the video for a full summary of all the 48 laws of power.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Heres the 10 hour audiobook "The 48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene up on YouTube. It goes more in depth into these laws of power. Its very fascinating and interesting. I don't advocate anyone doing bad things for power, but it helps to understand how politicians manipulate and deceive us, so we don't fall for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0caIC-4DY

Note: To download in mp3 file to listen offline, use this link www.listentoyoutube.com and copy and paste the video URL into the site's field.

Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

Very nice Thread W.

I always found him and his book overrated. I get more out pac.

There are several more interesting and successful books to me. One which you have mentioned of course the art of war among many others.
Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
Become An Agent of Choas.