Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Slovak: the most beautiful Slavic language?

Chat in foreign languages or discuss language-learning.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Jackal
Experienced Poster

Slovak: the most beautiful Slavic language?

Post by Jackal » August 5th, 2010, 12:46 pm

I've always found Slovak to be the most beautiful Slavic language. I think they use more vowels in Slovak, so it sounds much smoother to my western ears.

Here's a clip of two Slovak women speaking naturally during a news interview:

What do you think?

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav » August 5th, 2010, 3:00 pm

Sounds melodic. Not as many sibilants as in Polish and not as abrupt as Czech. I cannot understand it well when spoken but if you write it down, I can get it Ok.
It does sound similar to Ukrainian in melody.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different » August 5th, 2010, 4:31 pm

This is so close to Czech, which I speak, that I can't be an impartial judge. Slovak has some sounds in it that Czech doesn't, such as L', and doesn't have the hacek-R (ř), which tends to make it sound "softer" than Czech. I always found Czech girls talking to sound a little like baby talk.

By the way, that Slovak girl is a knockout!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » August 5th, 2010, 5:17 pm

Forget her language. Her face looks perfect and flawless. Wow.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

have2fly
Junior Poster

WOW

Post by have2fly » August 5th, 2010, 5:39 pm

I just fell in love. Holy shiiiit, she is just perfect! She is so natural, so NOT fake compared to American selfish queens...

I heard great things about Slovakia from many of my friends. Lifestyle there seems to be very good, nature is beautiful and people very welcoming and inviting. It seems like a country that got the best of East and West. I would love to go visit.

I agree with Ladislav, I can understand most of it when written, but spoken is a bit hard. It sounds similar to Polish to me, which I also understand somewhat.

Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal » August 5th, 2010, 8:10 pm

RedDog wrote:This is so close to Czech, which I speak, that I can't be an impartial judge. Slovak has some sounds in it that Czech doesn't, such as L', and doesn't have the hacek-R (ř), which tends to make it sound "softer" than Czech. I always found Czech girls talking to sound a little like baby talk.
And Slovak has an "ä" sound (like the "a" in "cat"), which Czech doesn't have.

That chick is some kind of celebrity in Slovakia, so it's not like she's just some girl off the street. I thought she'd be a pop singer, but I saw her doing magic in another video, so who the hell knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyQrZtyU ... re=related

theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait » February 11th, 2014, 11:06 pm

Sounds portuguese!

btw,that girl was flawless!

Tsar
Veteran Poster

Post by Tsar » February 12th, 2014, 6:08 am

theprimebait wrote:btw,that girl was flawless!
I agree. Perfect face and really nice voice. I'm mainly attracted to girls like her, Yulia Dorosh, and Vera. All of them have perfect faces and are 10/10s.