Is Meetup.com a good way to meet people? Any experiences?

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
Winston
Site Admin

Is Meetup.com a good way to meet people? Any experiences?

Post by Winston »

Here's a good way to meet some nice middle class people, on Meetup.com.

Here are some groups in Manila for example:

Manila Spiritual Seekers

http://www.meetup.com/Manila-Spiritual-Seekers/

Manila International Social Club

http://www.meetup.com/theMISC/

Ok Philippines

http://www.meetup.com/okphilippines/

What do you think? Any of you have experiences with Meetup.com?

I went to some of their meetings in Seattle long ago. Very nice people there, but hot chicks don't tend to go to their meetings.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Anyone have any luck meeting girls on Meetup.com?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are most of the people you meet on Meet.com losers or quality people? Or somewhere in the middle?

What about the women there? Are most of them fat?

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:Are most of the people you meet on Meet.com losers or quality people? Or somewhere in the middle?

What about the women there? Are most of them fat?
I went to one meet.com group back in 2007. It was a ghost hunting group and only about 10 people showed up. We watched an old horror movie (Horror Hotel from 1960) and talked afterwards about ghosts and ghost hunting. There was only 2 or 3 single girls there and they were with their boyfriends.

I might go to some more meetup groups in the future. I have a feeling it's not a good place to meet girls. The girls will either be fat or ugly, or if they are good looking, they will show up with their boyfriends! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
icarus
Freshman Poster

Post by icarus »

Just think of meetup as specialized search engine as the quality of the groups will vary. I think it's a pretty good tool for those looking to meet expats in the US. Making friends and contacts can be very useful for future travel and of course this can always lead to a relationship but it shouldn't be your primary motivation to joining their groups and going to events.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

btw did anybody check internations, i registered there but was to lazy to go to the halloween party. probaby a sausage fest anyway specailly here in turkey.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well one thing we can know for sure. People who are snobby and stuck up will not be the ones who will go to Meetup.com meetings.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey check this out. Some of the Meetup.com groups in Las Vegas have hot women in them. But of course, in groups you have to act very politically correct, as we all know. Here are some examples.

Las Vegas Brazilian Culture Meetup

http://www.meetup.com/The-Las-Vegas-Bra ... #383234352

http://www.meetup.com/mixprofessionals/ ... /11980808/

Wow this is Rock's type. lol

http://www.meetup.com/Mingling-Singles/ ... #377227342

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just went to a meetup for vegetarians the other day. It was at a yoga center in a home setting. There were some cute good looking girls there. Most of them were friendly. So not all women at meetup groups are chubby. Especially if you go to the ones that are related to holistic health or spirituality, the women there will be thin and look better because they are health conscious types. Holistic health type girls are also going to be more friendly and open-minded too.

So I guess it is a good way to meet people who share your interests. But you have to keep up with events and stuff. I would suggest going to one in your local area, preferably one that matches your hobbies and interests, so that you will have something in common with the people there. It's a good escape from staying home in the USA and being angry and lonely all the time, and puts you more in a positive friendly atmosphere which is good for you.

Btw, I met one black lady there who is a professional doctor. She was very down-to-earth and nothing like the black women that you guys rant about. lol

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

winston do you think it could lead to dates from that group?

I just checked out those manila ones wow some of the girls were hot and they had ones for internet marketers i even seen a white girl and a filipina from america in the list. Im sure though it would be hard to court filipinas in a meetup contest cause of the competition. I always imagine when women are in groups like meetups or whatever they will be on guard publicly. what do you think?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:winston do you think it could lead to dates from that group?

I just checked out those manila ones wow some of the girls were hot and they had ones for internet marketers i even seen a white girl and a filipina from america in the list. Im sure though it would be hard to court filipinas in a meetup contest cause of the competition. I always imagine when women are in groups like meetups or whatever they will be on guard publicly. what do you think?
Yeah Meetup is good for meeting educated middle class girls in Manila.

As to whether you can get dates from there, well, like anywhere else, it depends on whether they are attracted to you or not, and whether they are available.

No the girls there are not on guard. They go there to meet people so of course they will be friendly. Duh. But friendliness doesn't equal dating. That's another matter. You just have to go with the flow and see. Pick a Meetup group that shares your hobbies and interests. Then you'll have a better chance.

Don't forget there are also great guys you can meet there too. Not just girls. Either way, Meetup groups tend to be a positive environment, which is good for you, and for us, since we are so steeped in negativity here. lol