Ho Chi Minh and Vietnam

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Ho Chi Minh and Vietnam

Post by Voice of Reason »

have just arrived in Ho Chi Minh, and f anyone wants to meet up, feel free to get back to me or PM me.

Here are my plans:

- Two months in Ho Chi Minh
- Travel north up the country

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Ho Chi Minh and Vietnam

Post by pete98146 »

Voice of Reason wrote:have just arrived in Ho Chi Minh, and f anyone wants to meet up, feel free to get back to me or PM me.

Here are my plans:

I'll be curious to see what you think of HCM City. I visited for only 3 days a few years ago but I loved it!
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

pete98146 wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:have just arrived in Ho Chi Minh, and f anyone wants to meet up, feel free to get back to me or PM me.

Here are my plans:

I'll be curious to see what you think of HCM City. I visited for only 3 days a few years ago but I loved it!
I'll keep you updated on the forum!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Here are my plans:

Please take lots of photos for us! Unlimited photo storage online at Google+ (Picasaweb)!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Yes, please post pictures and a trip report of your adventures on this forum. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested...
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

holy fucken shit. I was planning to go to Ho Chi Minh. But all the cheap tickets were sold out. Damn, if I knew you were going, I would've joined ya.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I wanted to go there on my visa run, but I didn't have time to investigate the visa situation.

Anyway, let us know what the women are like. I dated a Vietnamese here, her figure was awesome but I guess she might have been psychologically ruined by living in Bangkok.

Also are the motorbikes annoying and does anyone at all speak English? And are you getting scammed and is it safe?

Also what's the weather like does it have perpetual thunderstorms like nearby SW China?

Also is there any gogo bar type stuff going on as Thailand is pretty much ruined for that so where can the sexpats go now apart from the Phillies?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Xiongmao - dude, seriously, you think/analyze everything way too much! Where's your sense of adventure? Who gives a shit if they speak English or it rains? Seriously...

Thailand is ruined? You should be shot for this statement. It's hardly ruined. If you knew what it was like 20-40 years ago you would think there were no decent women in Thailand anymore. It's not the same as it used to be but if you know what to look for there are decent bar girls to be found for a reasonable price if that's what you're after.

Have you started studying Thai? Are you getting out of the Farang Ghetto?

There are plenty of good, horny women in Thailand (not working girls), believe me. You can hook up with bar girls, make friends with them, go out with them once in a while, get freebies once in a while, or you can just meet decent women. But when you write about Thailand it's almost always negative.

If you want a different place - go to Cambodia, go to Indonesia, go to Singapore, Hong Kong (costly), Macau (costly), Myanmar (I love it there) or check out Nam. There are women to be had in Vietnam but it's a bit of a pain in the ass at times.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

does anyone at all speak English?

Hookers;)..me love you long time
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Dark_Sol wrote:holy fucken shit. I was planning to go to Ho Chi Minh. But all the cheap tickets were sold out. Damn, if I knew you were going, I would've joined ya.
Oh well, maybe some other time. I plan to go to China next.

We'll see what happens.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

xiongmao wrote:I wanted to go there on my visa run, but I didn't have time to investigate the visa situation.

Anyway, let us know what the women are like. I dated a Vietnamese here, her figure was awesome but I guess she might have been psychologically ruined by living in Bangkok.

Also are the motorbikes annoying and does anyone at all speak English? And are you getting scammed and is it safe?

Also what's the weather like does it have perpetual thunderstorms like nearby SW China?

Also is there any gogo bar type stuff going on as Thailand is pretty much ruined for that so where can the sexpats go now apart from the Phillies?
Thank you for all your questions. I'm going to start a whole thread about Vietnam, so I'll answer your questions there once I become a bit more famailair with the city.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Thailand is ruined? You should be shot for this statement. It's hardly ruined. If you knew what it was like 20-40 years ago you would think there were no decent women in Thailand anymore.
I read a book set in Thailand written in 1990, and even then characters in the book were saying how Thailand is not like it was before. So it seems there has always been this type of thinking.
anamericaninbangkok wrote:It's not the same as it used to be but if you know what to look for there are decent bar girls to be found for a reasonable price if that's what you're after.
I can attest to that. I met a bar girl in Chiang Mai, and she rented a bike and took me up to the mountains for a day. It was a very nice day, and she didn't make me pay her money for having sex. She cried when she found out I had another girlfriend when I returned from Bangkok.
anamericaninbangkok wrote:There are plenty of good, horny women in Thailand (not working girls), believe me. You can hook up with bar girls, make friends with them, go out with them once in a while, get freebies once in a while, or you can just meet decent women.
YES! But you need to be careful they don't get too attached to you (or you attached to them). In my experience they can be hard to get rid of and very emotional. Some of them have ticking Biological clocks and they have trouble finding a Thai boyfriend because they have dark skin, and they can get very hurt when used for sex because they take the relationship seriously.
anamericaninbangkok wrote:But when you write about Thailand it's almost always negative.
For some reason people write negatively about Thailand all over the web, it seems to cop more flak than any other country.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Great! Keep us posted.

And another question - what's the wifi like? Is it a good place for bloggers to hang out?

As for Thailand - at 45B to the pound it's going to lose its attraction for the average British working class sexpat. Beer's cheaper at home, food's cheaper at home and so is P4P. But it is a nice place to live, I can't argue with that.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

xiongmao wrote:Great! Keep us posted.

And another question - what's the wifi like? Is it a good place for bloggers to hang out?

As for Thailand - at 45B to the pound it's going to lose its attraction for the average British working class sexpat. Beer's cheaper at home, food's cheaper at home and so is P4P. But it is a nice place to live, I can't argue with that.
At the hotel I'm staying at now, the wi-fi is extremely fast. So if you have a blog or an online business, it could very well be a good place to hang out (though I'm not sure if other hotels would be the same).

Yes, Thailand does seem to be getting expensive now. But you can still get some good street food for $1-2. Beer is VERY expensive in Thailand, but that doesn't bother me too much since I don't drink much at all. I have read somewhere that P4P is lowering, but Bangkok still is a decent place to live compared to the confrontational nature of the west (and the women).

BTW - I have started a thread about Ho Chi Minh. I'll answer all you questions in that thread (and if I forget, please remind me):

viewtopic.php?t=19583