Will N. Dowd's Goodbye Vancouver, BC HA Meetup

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Will N. Dowd's Goodbye Vancouver, BC HA Meetup

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I'm leaving town for good Sat Aug 31st. I'm moving my stuff then and going to my parents, before heading back to the Philippines Sep 9th. I first came here in August 1991, then left in August 1993, but came back in April 1994 and have been here ever since. So Vancouver has been part my life for almost 23 years. I would probably be here a lot longer if I wasn't inspired by HA to leave and go to the Philippines. I don't have much time left here, but would be interested in meeting some local members before I split for good. The only reason I would be back here again would be to get a new tenant for my rented condo, or to deal with selling it. Apart from that I really want nothing to do with the place. I wish I had left years ago, but I was unable to, since I wanted to pay off my place, build up a huge savings, and need the job I had for 20 years to do that.

If local members want to meet Will N. Dowd, please PM me and we can meet at my condo and chat. I'm at home usually taking care of the last few things I need to here, but have time for a meetup. I can share foreign GF pics and Filipina pics for those that show up.

Hope to meet some local HA members. I have less than 2 weeks left. Sorry for the short notice.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Best of luck with the move. And if you ever want a change of scene then pop over and visit the little HA enclave in Bangkok.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Will N. Dowd's Goodbye Vancouver, BC HA Meetup

Post by Rock »

Will N. Dowd wrote:I'm leaving town for good Sat Aug 31st. I'm moving my stuff then and going to my parents, before heading back to the Philippines Sep 9th. I first came here in August 1991, then left in August 1993, but came back in April 1994 and have been here ever since. So Vancouver has been part my life for almost 23 years. I would probably be here a lot longer if I wasn't inspired by HA to leave and go to the Philippines. I don't have much time left here, but would be interested in meeting some local members before I split for good. The only reason I would be back here again would be to get a new tenant for my rented condo, or to deal with selling it. Apart from that I really want nothing to do with the place. I wish I had left years ago, but I was unable to, since I wanted to pay off my place, build up a huge savings, and need the job I had for 20 years to do that.

If local members want to meet Will N. Dowd, please PM me and we can meet at my condo and chat. I'm at home usually taking care of the last few things I need to here, but have time for a meetup. I can share foreign GF pics and Filipina pics for those that show up.

Hope to meet some local HA members. I have less than 2 weeks left. Sorry for the short notice.
Hey there are a lot of us in Asia too. Why not meet some of us over in Phils? What area/city there will u be relocating to?
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Flying to Manila and then transferring to Davao, will be there for 3 months.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Will N. Dowd wrote:Flying to Manila and then transferring to Davao, will be there for 3 months.
Only 3 months??? Hope yr not going bak to Canada so fast!
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Just going back for Christmas at home with family, then will head back in January 2014. I went last year for 3 weeks, now upping it to 3 months, and then next time even longer I hope. Philippine Airlines has weird pricing anyways, because if you stay 1 more day over 3 months, they increase the price to the 6 months stay price, then if you stay over 6 months, they charge you the 1 year stay price, which is even higher. They have a direct Vancouver to Manila Flight every other day and it makes the trip much shorter, so I'd prefer to use them. I could avoid the weird pricing game they play and get a flight through Shanghai, but it takes twice as long and is not worth it. Besides, the Mabuhay Miles programs give me a free domestic flight for every Vancouver to Manila return flight I take. So I'm going for exactly 3 months, then come back for a month to do what I need to do back here, and head out again for 6 months or a year in January.

I will still have to come back to Canada every now and then to deal with things, since all my money, investments, family and roots are here, even though I don't fit in at all and feel like an alien here.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Good luck Will! Sorry I have all my weekends booked up and won't be able to make it up but best of luck to you. Keep us updated!!!!!!!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Good luck to you Will N.Dowd! I'll be leaving for China next week, myself. It's good to see more HA'ers taking the overseas plunge rather than just staying home and whining on this forum. I hope more people will do the same...
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

So finally you get the point that they are no escape in a place like Vancouver.

Only irrational meeting looking for the special one in a society full of insanity. :roll:

Now that you get to the Philippines the real stuff start and that's a good point.
Philippines women versus the Japanese esl student in Vancouver hahaha.

These Japanese shallow females will soon get flushed down the toilet in comparision to Phillippines women in their country.

Let these Japanese being approached by wankers so they can play their escape shy frigid card :roll:
Oh poor of them,everybody wants their pussies,needs their company,you have to understand their suffering :roll:

Good luck for you..there are no solution in western countries..only delusion.

Moving where the action is,it's the only answer.
Rich
Freshman Poster

Post by Rich »

Good luck Will. You've worked hard and saved hard for 20 years and now you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Congratulations!

I'm interested in Davao, sounds like a good choice and where I'd like to head. Apartments from what I call tell seem reasonably priced to rent.
bkk_bro
Freshman Poster

Re: Will N. Dowd's Goodbye Vancouver, BC HA Meetup

Post by bkk_bro »

Will N. Dowd wrote:I'm leaving town for good Sat Aug 31st. I'm moving my stuff then and going to my parents, before heading back to the Philippines Sep 9th. I first came here in August 1991, then left in August 1993, but came back in April 1994 and have been here ever since. So Vancouver has been part my life for almost 23 years. I would probably be here a lot longer if I wasn't inspired by HA to leave and go to the Philippines. I don't have much time left here, but would be interested in meeting some local members before I split for good. The only reason I would be back here again would be to get a new tenant for my rented condo, or to deal with selling it. Apart from that I really want nothing to do with the place. I wish I had left years ago, but I was unable to, since I wanted to pay off my place, build up a huge savings, and need the job I had for 20 years to do that.

I'm from Vancouver, same age as yourself (40). I left for Asia when I was 34, and returned to Canada at 39. Most of my time was spent in Thailand teaching English. And although I had the best time of my life, I decided teaching wasn't in my best interest of a long term career path. I'm now in Alberta after a year in Canada, and moving back to Van this month. I was scouring through the esl groups etc to meet Asian girls and at least there's some hope to date some horny asian girls, avoiding the Vancouver bitches, and get by until my self employment career takes off. Making Philippines my long term residency goal had been on my mind even while I was in Thailand. Thanks for your stories, it's very encouraging. I hope to be there by next year this time. Congratulations on your success!