Mark Davis' Annual Christmas Reunion in Southern California!

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
Winston
Site Admin

Mark Davis' Annual Christmas Reunion in Southern California!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Our friend Mark Davis of DreamConnections.com is having a meetup and Christmas Reunion in Southern California. If you are in the area and want to meet him, feel free to attend. Here is his announcement about it from his newsletter:

"Dream Connections is hosting it's Second Annual Christmas Reunion in Southern California December 13 - 15, 2013. This is your chance to meet other like-minded men in person and have a blast at Medieval Times, pizza and beer at Napoli's restaurant, and even time at Disneyland. You'll also meet a few of the couples who just met this year as well as some older marrieds. But it's really about creating a way for us open-minded men who look overseas to get together once a year in person - for those who can make it. See the details here: http://dreamconnections.com/reunion/ "
Last edited by Winston on December 13th, 2013, 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is more info about Mark Davis' Annual Christmas Reunion on his site.

http://dreamconnections.com/reunion/

Brochure for the Reunion:

http://dreamconnections.com/wp-content/ ... ochure.pdf

Flyer image:

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

We should have an annual Christmas meetup in Southern California too. What do you think? Any of you willing to organize it?

Maybe we could have it at the same time as Mark's? That way, our group can meet his.

However, his group tends to Christian marriage-minded guys who lean toward positivity, whereas we are more negative and critical types who love to rant and vent. So I'm not sure how compatible our group would be with his. lol

Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Post by Mark Edward Davis »

Hey, Winston . . .

Thanks for posting the announcement. I'm sure there are some "positive marriage-minded" guys in the Happier Abroad family. We welcome anyone who is serious about finding their life-partner overseas and would be welcome to come hang with us.

. . . and, yes, you should host your own reunions too! That would be very cool.

I'm putting together a little promo video for our event and I'll put a copy here when it's up.

Thanks again!

mark
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Mark Davis' Annual Christmas Reunion in Southern Califor

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
Our friend Mark Davis of DreamConnections.com is having a meetup and Christmas Reunion in Southern California. If you are in the area and want to meet him, feel free to attend. Here is his announcement about it from his newsletter:

"Dream Connections is hosting it's Second Annual Christmas Reunion in Southern California December 13 - 15, 2013. This is your chance to meet other like-minded men in person and have a blast at Medieval Times, pizza and beer at Napoli's restaurant, and even time at Disneyland. You'll also meet a few of the couples who just met this year as well as some older marrieds. But it's really about creating a way for us open-minded men who look overseas to get together once a year in person - for those who can make it. See the details here: http://dreamconnections.com/reunion/ "
Wish I could have made it, would have been fun. But crossing the border is just too much of a hassle. Oh well.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I would have loved to go, it's really interesting to a family oriented guy like me, but the expenses are too much, I've only just got employed recently and it's all going to my college fund!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Mark Davis' Annual Christmas Reunion in Southern Califor

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:
Winston wrote:Hi all,

Wish I could have made it, would have been fun. But crossing the border is just too much of a hassle. Oh well.
What border? I thought you lived in Southern Cal?

What if we had an annual reunion too? How many of you are willing to fly or travel to LA for a HA bash or reunion?

Any of you want to organize such an event?

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I didn't see this thread, sorry Winston. Yes I had a great time even if I wasn't there when the pizza first arrived.

Mark, I am totally envious of Law and his wife Alyona. It only re-enforces what I know is possible. Law also expressed that he really wanted to talk to me, so whenever you two want to hang out let me know.

I also wanted to talk to you more Mark, I have an idea I wanted to share.

Thanks for the invite and by next year's reunion I will be joining you with my wife (or wife to be) and may be expecting our first child.

Starting from Ground Zero so its a big ask, but I know I can do it.

Finding a partner is one of the most difficult things in life, I don't know why people don't focus on this more.
Introvert
Freshman Poster

Post by Introvert »

Because according to society, finding a partner is supposed to "just happen" while everything else like buying a house, getting an education, getting good employment, etc. is supposed to take time and concentrated effort.

Back on topic, I'm glad you had fun at the meetup. There should definitely be more events like this.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

djfourmoney,
So what happened at the meetup? Were there a lot of people there? Was it mostly couples or singles? Did you get to talk to Mark? What did he tell you? Did he tell you about the recent engagements on his tours?

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Introvert wrote:Because according to society, finding a partner is supposed to "just happen" while everything else like buying a house, getting an education, getting good employment, etc. is supposed to take time and concentrated effort.

Back on topic, I'm glad you had fun at the meetup. There should definitely be more events like this.
I know the myth is that it's suppose to "just happen" but that's also why divorce also "just happens" doesn't it?

You put into it what you want out of it. Sure some men end up lucky and people also win the lottery....

I actually think your parents make the subtle hint by saying "you should find a nice girl" but never tell you how. Your mother might tell you what to look for and your father may warn you not to knock up anybody.

But that's as far as it gets and you're suppose to figure it out on your own. Well, as I said since it one of the most important decisions you'll ever make it pays to get it right the first time so you can focus on other things.

But all men spend their time doing is buying "bait" for American women.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Winston wrote:djfourmoney,
So what happened at the meetup? Were there a lot of people there? Was it mostly couples or singles? Did you get to talk to Mark? What did he tell you? Did he tell you about the recent engagements on his tours?

In order -

We had pizza and spoke about trips, going on Mark's tour and becoming an expat, once guy was eyeing Panama and I had warned him of it being Gringo'ized.

Three Couples, the rest Single Men of varying ages/shapes/sizes.

I sat next to Mark :D

He told me about expansions of the business but I'll let him disclose that if he chooses. He also told me some insider info about AFA and some more background about Law meeting his wife.

The 3rd couple there I didn't meet and they were a recent engagement as she only recently got here.

I believe one of the guys there also has a recent engagement as well.

I'd only wish that men considering this become as prepared as possible so they can make an informed decision on the women they meet and not toss out $5,000 and chalk it up to experience.