Where is everyone from ?

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

Amsterdam,netherlands.my parents are from Nablous.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Hero wrote:Madison, WI. Not as interesting as some of the other places I've lived (e.g. Chicago, West Palm Beach) but a nice enough little city.
Kinda feel for you, bro. Spent five years there in grad school. Sometimes the women could seem colder than the weather. As young American women go, however, I thought UW coeds were a bit better-hearted than the norm. Unless you're working the campus successfully, though, Madison is no place to be chasing in middle age. I'm sure that's not news to you.

I'm currently in Tucson, where we're experiencing the nationwide cold snap also -- meaning it only got into the mid 50s today. Shove off for Europe early next year for an extended stay in various venues.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

Born in north New Jersey, I now live in Annapolis, Maryland. Now year I am moving to Latin America.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

gsjackson wrote:Kinda feel for you, bro. Spent five years there in grad school. Sometimes the women could seem colder than the weather. As young American women go, however, I thought UW coeds were a bit better-hearted than the norm. Unless you're working the campus successfully, though, Madison is no place to be chasing in middle age. I'm sure that's not news to you.
I'm not even trying to date here, so I don't know about the women.

How do you "work the campus" successfully? I like to hang out there and watch the girls, but that's as far as I've gone.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Hero wrote:
gsjackson wrote:Kinda feel for you, bro. Spent five years there in grad school. Sometimes the women could seem colder than the weather. As young American women go, however, I thought UW coeds were a bit better-hearted than the norm. Unless you're working the campus successfully, though, Madison is no place to be chasing in middle age. I'm sure that's not news to you.
I'm not even trying to date here, so I don't know about the women.

How do you "work the campus" successfully? I like to hang out there and watch the girls, but that's as far as I've gone.
I was a middle aged TA, which gave me some entrée, and I went out with a few of them. My fondest female memories of Madison, though, were of a couple of foreign chicks who weren't students. One was Moroccan, and had the hottest body on the face of the earth. She sometimes goes to the Union terrace, and if you set eyes on her you won't have any doubts about whom you're looking at. The other was a similarly buxom Mexican.

Madison is tough, though. The only place I'd recommend is a Latin club near the west end of campus, where I met the Mexican. It was really hopping with Latinas. But it's been seven years since I left, so I don't know if it's still a place to go.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

zacb wrote:So no Maria's from Godfather? (god she had nice t&ts).
Maria?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Southeastern Arizona....very small town. Lots of white trash and old people (60+). I live for cheap here, but it sure is an easy place to stay motivated in my goal to move abroad...lol.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Maria?
The one girl they killed in the Godfather. I think she was Sicilian or from Southern Italy. She was kinda hot. (I know, I know.)*edit* Her name was Apollonia Vitelli-Corleone . XD Shows my memory lol.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

zacb wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:
Maria?
The one girl they killed in the Godfather. I think she was Sicilian or from Southern Italy. She was kinda hot. (I know, I know.)*edit* Her name was Apollonia Vitelli-Corleone . XD Shows my memory lol.

Thread from one year ago. :lol:
viewtopic.php?p=108348#108348

The actress playing "Apollonia" was 17~18 at the time.
The one playing "Kay" was ~25 at the time.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Nice. I really had the hots on then lol. I don't know why I said Maria haha.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
mfpinwa
Freshman Poster

Post by mfpinwa »

Seattle, Washington for now and planning to move abroad soon.

Washington is one of the worst states for men. Do not move here if you are a guy!

Up until recently, for the last 8 years Washington had a female governor and most of the judges are men-hating women thus the whole legal system is against men. If you live here as a man you will get victimized.
The weather here is cold, cloudy, and rainy 11 months out of the year which repels most attractive women.
The women that stay here are some of the most over weight and worst dressed in the country.

The main advantage here is no state income tax but the sales and property tax are pretty high.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

The Bronx NY
but now in various places of the U.S. of Gay due to work.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

mfpinwa wrote:Seattle, Washington for now and planning to move abroad soon.

Washington is one of the worst states for men. Do not move here if you are a guy!

Up until recently, for the last 8 years Washington had a female governor and most of the judges are men-hating women thus the whole legal system is against men. If you live here as a man you will get victimized.
The weather here is cold, cloudy, and rainy 11 months out of the year which repels most attractive women.
The women that stay here are some of the most over weight and worst dressed in the country.

The main advantage here is no state income tax but the sales and property tax are pretty high.
I'm in Seattle as well.
Vegascook
Freshman Poster

Post by Vegascook »

I was born and raised in Ohio. I've lived in Pittsburgh and Phoenix. I'm currently living in Las Vegas working full time while I finish my BA in Special Education. I'll work another 5 years with the local school district, sell my home, and then move overseas.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Born and grew up in San Antonio, TX but now living in Arkansas. Screw Texas. And texans talk about Arkansas. . .

Return to “Meetups and Get Togethers”