Meetup in the Philippines? Many HA members are there!

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Meetup in the Philippines? Many HA members are there!

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
Winston wrote:
starchild5 wrote:
Winston wrote:Rock,
Are u ok and back to normal? Roberto just arrived from Uruguay. Remember him? Wanna come and meet him? Also erb is back here in AC too. He invited me to lunch. Sean is back too. The whole gang is here. Wanna come down?
What happened to Rock..He was always ok and normal....unless..He started watching Flat Earth videos secretly :lol: :lol:
I dont know. He said he was having some personal problems and issues and then he disappeared after having a short temper over a disagreement. Then he stopped replying. Even my other friends cant get a hold of him now. Hope hes alright. He can always count on us or me for advice. But hes a secretive person.

Today is diannes birthday so we are having another meetup. Too bad rock isnt here.
Update:

I've been talking to Rock again. He's alive and well. The thing is, he is getting older so his tolerance is getting less. He has problems tolerating the negativity and toxic personalities on this forum. Even though he's used to it by now, still, his tolerance is less now as well as his patience. Plus the older you get, the more valuable and precious one's time is and so time has to be used wisely. That's why he is distancing himself from this forum. He still lurks here though and reads some threads. But he doesn't feel like posting anymore. Maybe someday if you guys become more positive and constructive in your posts, he will return and participate again.
Yick's the one who seemed to frost his ass the most, and Yick is apparently gone. Winston, go on an Asian recruiting trip and see if you can recover both Rock and Ghost, pointing out that their principal irritant is sayonara. Jester too, while you're at it.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I am always here in Davao and actually sharing home with one particularly prolific (at least formerly prolific) HA member, whose name I shall not name but you can guess. ;-)

He is happy with his new-found gf. I am struggling with stress and overwork. So business as usual :-)
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

publicduende wrote:I am always here in Davao and actually sharing home with one particularly prolific (at least formerly prolific) HA member, whose name I shall not name but you can guess. ;-)

He is happy with his new-found gf. I am struggling with stress and overwork. So business as usual :-)
I'm guessing the long lost Jester. Cool. Figured he'd end up in Ph. Let some of his American no-limitations positive thinking rub off on you.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Falcon wrote:
Winston wrote:Update:

I've been talking to Rock again. He's alive and well. The thing is, he is getting older so his tolerance is getting less. He has problems tolerating the negativity and toxic personalities on this forum. Even though he's used to it by now, still, his tolerance is less now as well as his patience. Plus the older you get, the more valuable and precious one's time is and so time has to be used wisely. That's why he is distancing himself from this forum. He still lurks here though and reads some threads. But he doesn't feel like posting anymore. Maybe someday if you guys become more positive and constructive in your posts, he will return and participate again.
Here's an idea: why don't we have a closed forum board for "VIP members," where selected old-time members who post high-quality content can discuss among themselves? We can have Rock, Ladislav, Momopi, and many other experts there to talk among themselves.
If the majority of the VIP members want the VIP board to be private and closed, we can do that. But they didn't express that they wanted that. We ran a poll and thread about this before.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi folks,
I'm in Angeles City now. We have a gang of expat friends here now that meet up regularly, including Roberto (from Uruguay), Alex (from Venice, aka @halnovemila in the forum), Ivan (from Bulgaria and Canada), and now Jeff (American, aka @WorldTraveler on this forum) has been found here too. @Rock is still up in Makati and occasionally comes down to visit. He recently came to my birthday celebration last week too. It was nice to have him with us. @publicduende has now moved to Makati too. But he has been busy with his new business and stuff, and hasn't had the time to come down to Angeles yet to meet us. @Billy is also still living in Angeles City, but he is kind of antisocial and a loner and doesn't like to hang out with us much. So we don't see him much. @Mr S is still in Manila. But he is taking care of his daughter and doesn't have the time or interest to come down. He is only available to meet if you come to Manila.

So we have a great group of expats to hang out with here. If any of you want to come and meet up with us, let us know. We are all eccentric, unique, freethinking individuals.

What I've noticed is that everyone else in Angeles City - foreigners, expats, Koreans, local Filipinos - all hang with people that look like them and are of the same race. Many friends even look like twin brothers or twin sisters. So friends tend to look alike, even like twins in many cases too. But me and my HA / expat friends are an exception. We don't look alike, and me as an Asian am hanging out with mostly white friends, which you don't see other Asians doing for some reason. Even the many Korean guys in Angeles City only hang out with other Koreans, and they usually hang out in groups of three, like Asian girls do. lol. I guess that's an Asian thing, to hang out in groups of three. (Since three is a holy trinity number found in many religions and spiritual traditions, so it probably has a feeling of unity I presume. There was even a History Channel episode of Ancient Aliens called "The Power of Three" that explains this in more detail.) So even in Angeles City, which is full of sexpats and whoremongers, I am unique and different. lol. Why am I so atypical and don't follow the patterns of everyone around me? lol

Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
March 19th, 2018, 12:39 pm
Hi folks,
I'm in Angeles City now.

Winston
Uh oh! What Daddy Wu say?
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

What about this year? I'm going to A.C. in Feb....
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Haven't been to the Philippines in a long time. I think...about two years now. Anyway, Winston, are you in Taiwan or in the Philippines currently?
I'd like to visit the country again and meet some people. Last time I went, I met Rock, Billy, Winston and Marissa.

Of course, now that I'm about to get married, I can't go to Angeles City or places like that, lol.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm in the Philippines now @zboy1. Let me know if you come. Wow you are getting married? When? Can you give us all the details and story about it?

Btw, my WeChat account is frozen. It seems if you don't log on in one month they freeze your account. I can't unfreeze it without the original sim or a sim from the same area. I do have another sim from shenzhen, but wechat won't accept it or explain why. I'm at a loss for what to do. Do you know how I can unfreeze my wechat account? Or know anyone who can help?

China is too anal to freeze your whole account just because you didn't log in in one month. That's way to uptight and control freakish. Other social media apps don't do that. I don't get what China's problem is. Or WeChat's problem.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

You could always start a new account, Winston. Then, I and the others in China could give you our Wechat ID again.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:
January 20th, 2019, 7:00 pm
You could always start a new account, Winston. Then, I and the others in China could give you our Wechat ID again.
If i do that i will lose my entire chat history and hundreds of contacts and no way to replace them! That would be terrible and waste years of contact building. Wechat is very inconvenient and inconsiderate.

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Where is the original sim card? Could you have it FedExed to you overnight?

Or here is a better option. Go to the cell phone carrier and have them issue you another sim card with the same number.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I had hassles moving my wechat over to my new phone back in 2013. I achieved it somehow.

Are you coming to China again? I'm still here and trying to move to Guangdong after the Summer.

Oh, I'm resigned to the fact that if I get married then I'm gonna have to find a Filipina. Is anyone in Cebu or is Makati a good bet?

I guess I should check them out some time. I'm not travelling this Chinese New Year. Thailand is expensive and the hotels are crummy. East Asia is too cold. I'm staying in my room planning lessons and doing geek stuff. Our fun new teacher quit which sucks but I do get paid to take his classes.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

Winston wrote:
January 20th, 2019, 11:45 am
I'm in the Philippines now @zboy1. Let me know if you come. Wow you are getting married? When? Can you give us all the details and story about it?

Btw, my WeChat account is frozen. It seems if you don't log on in one month they freeze your account. I can't unfreeze it without the original sim or a sim from the same area. I do have another sim from shenzhen, but wechat won't accept it or explain why. I'm at a loss for what to do. Do you know how I can unfreeze my wechat account? Or know anyone who can help?

China is too anal to freeze your whole account just because you didn't log in in one month. That's way to uptight and control freakish. Other social media apps don't do that. I don't get what China's problem is. Or WeChat's problem.
You still in the Phils, Winston? I'll be there really soon
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

I'm in Angeles now. Are you here, Winston? Maybe we can meet up for lunch or something. BTW, have you tried one of the delicious Guyabano shakes? It's supposed to have anti cancer properties.