Meetup in the Philippines? Many HA members are there!

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Meetup in the Philippines? Many HA members are there!

Post by Winston »

Rock,
Yeah all those things u said about angeles city are true. However your observations about angeles above are definitely "glass half empty" statements. You only talk about the limitations of angeles, not about the pros and benefits. Thats what im talking about. Your statements above prove my point.

What you fail to mention is that Angeles city is SUPER FUN. I have a very good time here. I love the attention, flirting, girls, the atmosphere and the vibe. Besides the girls, there is a soothing relaxing vibe here that feels likes its straight out of nirvana above. It soothes and massages your soul and emotions. Thats why guys in particular who are intense or tense really like it here. Thats why there are so many expats living here, unlike your area rock.

Zboy can now vouch for all the above. He likes the vibe here too and can understand why other guys like it too and end up staying here. Billy, whos been here at least a year now, can also vouch for all this.

This amazing vibe that feels warm, inclusive, accepting, and massages and soothes your soul and emotions is unique. Its the prime benefit here besides the girls. Yet rock totally FAILS to mention or consider this. Instead he claims to be a cold left brained person who cannot feel vibes or energy. If thats so then he can only speak for himself. All the other guys i know feel the vibe and energy here. I dont know why rock doesnt. He must be an exception.

Also, im in my element here, and that makes the place special for me. Good things start happening to you when you are in your element. Zboy says i look more alive here than in china and this place fits my personality more since i can flirt aggressively to my hearts content.

Furthermore rock, why would your area of makati be any better than angeles city? Makati is snobby and expensive. Everyone else i talked to here hates manila and says its very draining and stressful there. So how can you find angeles draining but not makati? No expats claim that manila is a nice place to live. Theres a reason for that. So rock, your area is definitely not better than angeles city. You just happen to own property there and thats why youre there.

You said Angeles is too small. But thats good. Guys like the familiarity of being in a small place that u know well and enjoy. It makes life simpler. So what u consider to be a limitation, most guys consider to be a benefit.

One interesting thing you mentioned rock was that manila is easier to date normal middle class girls in, because there isnt the negative stigma against dating foreigners there like there is in pampanga. That may be true.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Rock, yes, the date went well. She is a good fit for me. She is a middle class type, and I'm glad you introduced me to her. Long-term potential? Definitely, yes. She may even want to work in H.K. or China to be close to me, but I haven't discounted the idea of moving to the Philippines, long term, to start a business, since there's a large Korean community in the country, and many Korean students who want to improve their English.

There's also some Chinese here--but not a lot.

We'll see...
halnovemila
Freshman Poster

Post by halnovemila »

Winston wrote:Rock,
Yeah all those things u said about angeles city are true. However your observations about angeles above are definitely "glass half empty" statements. You only talk about the limitations of angeles, not about the pros and benefits. Thats what im talking about. Your statements above prove my point.

What you fail to mention is that Angeles city is SUPER FUN.
Hi Winston,
let me say that in my opinion you are making a wrong assumption when you judge Rock negatively biased as he didn't mention BOTH the "pros and benefits" on his post.
The wrong assumption is that "unbiased" post or comment should ALWAYS include BOTH pros and cons.
That's not true, not in a forum, and not also while on a voice conversation.
Pros and cons have to be exposed by who start the topic or the conversation, who is writing an article on a news paper, or doing a lesson to a class or addressig an "unknown" audiance.
But both pro and cons are NOT required to be said when it's IN REPLY to someone who already had exposed both pro&cons (unbiased) or just pro or cons (biased) because if the REPLY is "complementary" then the pro/cons already said by whom started the topic are acknowledged by whom replies.
So, if Rock's REPLY focus on the cons, it doesn't mean he is biased, it means that he just skip to repeat the pros that have been already said earlier by the one who Rock's reply is addressed.
There's no point to "repeat" the pros and benefits about Angeles that you already mentioned, while it worth to add something about the "limitation" that you eventually overlook or simpy didn't mention.

I recall that is happened to me, not long time ago, to be criticized as "biased" while I was on a debate about the Arab-Israeli conflict.
The other person was higly supporting the Palestinian cause, and repeatedly mention the US support to Israel which, in his opinion, make the conflict too much unbalanced and unfair and hopeless for the Palestinians.
So, at some point, by e-mail, I mentioned how much the Russians are involved on the Arab-Israeli conflict as they are the main, if not the ONLY, supplier of light and heavy military weapons, along with tanks, combat aircrafts, and anti-aircrafts radars and missile; which indeed, in 1973, while Sirya and Egypt moved war to Israel on the so called "Kippur war", almost caused the final defeat and destruction of Israel due to the new anti-aircraft system supplied by the Russians to the arabs, which made the Israel air force to suffer a huge number of losses.
As reply the person which I sent the e-mail told me that I'm biased because I didn't mention the support of US to Israel while the Kippur war was going on.
My answer was: why should have I mentioned it? I'm talking to you who I know very well that you know that US back Israel, I'm not talking to a class of student while making a lesson, or doing a speech at a conference. So I just mention what is RELEVANT to the debate and that YOU didn't mention so, eventually, you aren't aware of it.

That's all folks!
;)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Besides the girls and warm vibe in Angeles city that I mentioned, other primary benefits are:

1. Low cost of living. Cheap prices on many things and everyday expenses. The dollar is stronger now too at 47 pesos to 1 dollar.

2. Everything is geared for expats and foreign tourists, so its very user friendly and tourist friendly. Most people speak at least basic english here too, so not much language barrier unless youre asking questions that require them to think. And all the signs and restaurant menus are in english too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Regardless of the pros and cons of the Philippines or anywhere else, the bottom line issue is:

Am i lonely, dateless and bored there, or not? Thats the most important thing, at least for me. The rest of the pros and cons dont matter much to me.

In angeles city, there is a big surplus of nice sweet pretty girls to meet, befriend and date. So im never lonely or dateless there. Thats what matters the most to me. As long as im not dateless, im happy, cause i have everything else i need in terms of material things. All other issues can be dealt with or handled with money or basic problem solving.

Many of the available girls in angeles are pretty, cute and attractive too. Ask zboy. He will vouch for this now. Also, we are not just limited to bar girls in angeles, we date plenty of normal girls too who are not p4p. So keep that in mind as well. Even zboy who was here for just a week, already found normal non p4p girls to date. He can validate all of this.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update: im with rock in makati now. Today we are going to fly to Thailand. Wish us a good trip. Any of you in Thailand who want to meet up with us?

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston and Rock,

Happy trip to Thailand. For what I could gather from past conversations, Rock has a much higher opinion of Thai society and culture than Filipino. He sees Thailand as the quintessential emerging country, still cheap and genuine enough to be enjoyed by an expat, and blessed by more disciplined and harder working people and a less corrupted, more efficient and streamlined bureaucracy, at least compared to that found in Manila. Even girl-wise, he is prepared to swear that the average Thai girl is better looking than the average Pinayt: slimmer, better face skin and teeth, curvier etc. The only concession he is prepared to make is that Filipinas are more laid back, more approachable and available to the average foreigner.

On the latter point, I am curious to see what the two of you will find. Will you be touring Bangkok and other major cities? Will you be hitting the seedier red light district, or just roam the more sophisticated venues?

Not hiding a hint of envy...I wish I was there guys. Since I came back to Davao end of January, I have done nothing but work, work and more work (for the London startup I am consulting for), contacting potential clients, dealing with the office fit-out etc. Not a single day at the beach or on a trip outside my house and Davao City. I do find it a bit unusual, to be in a place like this to work harder than I was back home, instead of the usual mix of relax, good food and ladies the typical foreigner asks for (and gets!).

All in all, enjoy your trip!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Publicduende,
See our meetup thailand thread for updates and answers to your questions.

Btw, Falcon put it best when he told our Facebook group:

"Different places suit different people. The place you like best is often a mirror of yourself."

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Winston wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:I'm shocked the trikes are so expensive for you, drivers in Angeles City must rip guys off more often. Out here in the province, I inquired what the locals pay and that's what I pay, too. It rarely exceeds 20 pesos for small distances, comparable to jeepneys for longer distances.

Other then that, those are some pretty solid directions.
Really? I was told the average trike price in Philippines is 8 pesos or 10 pesos for most places. Angeles is an exception. In manila trikes are only in residential areas and cost arounf 20 or 30 pesos.
I usually pay 30 or 40 peso's and I've been all over the Phils. Cheapest trike ride I had was from near the airport in Dumaguete to the boulevard and that cost P20.

8 peso's are jeepney prices normally.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
Are u ok and back to normal? Roberto just arrived from Uruguay. Remember him? Wanna come and meet him? Also erb is back here in AC too. He invited me to lunch. Sean is back too. The whole gang is here. Wanna come down?

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Are u ok and back to normal? Roberto just arrived from Uruguay. Remember him? Wanna come and meet him? Also erb is back here in AC too. He invited me to lunch. Sean is back too. The whole gang is here. Wanna come down?
What happened to Rock..He was always ok and normal....unless..He started watching Flat Earth videos secretly :lol: :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

starchild5 wrote:
What happened to Rock..He was always ok and normal....unless..He started watching Flat Earth videos secretly :lol: :lol:
I dont know. He said he was having some personal problems and issues and then he disappeared after having a short temper over a disagreement. Then he stopped replying. Even my other friends cant get a hold of him now. Hope hes alright. He can always count on us or me for advice. But hes a secretive person.

Today is diannes birthday so we are having another meetup. Too bad rock isnt here.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
starchild5 wrote:
I dont know. He said he was having some personal problems and issues and then he disappeared after having a short temper over a disagreement. Then he stopped replying. Even my other friends cant get a hold of him now. Hope hes alright. He can always count on us or me for advice. But hes a secretive person.

Today is diannes birthday so we are having another meetup. Too bad rock isnt here.
Update:

I've been talking to Rock again. He's alive and well. The thing is, he is getting older so his tolerance is getting less. He has problems tolerating the negativity and toxic personalities on this forum. Even though he's used to it by now, still, his tolerance is less now as well as his patience. Plus the older you get, the more valuable and precious one's time is and so time has to be used wisely. That's why he is distancing himself from this forum. He still lurks here though and reads some threads. But he doesn't feel like posting anymore. Maybe someday if you guys become more positive and constructive in your posts, he will return and participate again.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Winston wrote:Update:

I've been talking to Rock again. He's alive and well. The thing is, he is getting older so his tolerance is getting less. He has problems tolerating the negativity and toxic personalities on this forum. Even though he's used to it by now, still, his tolerance is less now as well as his patience. Plus the older you get, the more valuable and precious one's time is and so time has to be used wisely. That's why he is distancing himself from this forum. He still lurks here though and reads some threads. But he doesn't feel like posting anymore. Maybe someday if you guys become more positive and constructive in your posts, he will return and participate again.
Here's an idea: why don't we have a closed forum board for "VIP members," where selected old-time members who post high-quality content can discuss among themselves? We can have Rock, Ladislav, Momopi, and many other experts there to talk among themselves.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Jester, publicduende and Will N. Dowd met up recently in Davao and I had my favorite Filipina with me too.