Meetup in the Philippines? Many HA members are there!

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Re: Meetup in the Philippines? Many HA members are there!

Post by globe-trotter »

Hey guys, thanks for the meetup in the Philippines. I had a blast. And thanks for letting me know where we will meet up. It's good to know you're true to your word. We gotta do it again sometime!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

globe-trotter wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the meetup in the Philippines. I had a blast. And thanks for letting me know where we will meet up. It's good to know you're true to your word. We gotta do it again sometime!
Awaiting trip report............
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

Jester wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the meetup in the Philippines. I had a blast. And thanks for letting me know where we will meet up. It's good to know you're true to your word. We gotta do it again sometime!
Awaiting trip report............
I was being sarcastic.

As for the trip report, here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26004
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just arrived in manila. Man the girls here look ghetto and low class. Lol. I dont know if i can be attracted to them again after being in china. Lol. Nice to be in warm weather again though.

Any of you around the area? Maybe we can organize another meetup. :)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I will be in Davao from 24 January, for at least a couple of months. I am (quite) likely to pop to Manila for business some time in February, just don't know the exact dates. When I am there, I usually stay in a tucked-away but cosy hotel near Century City, basically meters away from where Rock lives.

Since I am now much more involved with the Philippines than I was before, I would be happy to meet you, Winston, and any HA-er who were to be around at the same time.

If somebody is in Davao and wants to meet for a couple of San Mig and exchange information, and advice (especially business-oriented), the can PM me.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok publicduende, but I may be in Thailand by then. We will see. PM me to let me know your plans. Rock is here as you know, and so is Billy, though Billy rarely posts anymore.

Billy is having a good time in Angeles City still. He goes dancing every night and is in his element on the dance floor I hear. lol
He lives here almost for free. He rents a room for like 6,000 or 7,000 pesos, which is like $150 USD a month. Maybe less. And he eat very little. So I guess he is an example of how one can live here on several hundred a month only.

MarcosZeitola, where are you and when are you coming back to Philippines?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:MarcosZeitola, where are you and when are you coming back to Philippines?
I am in Bavaria right now. I'll be touring Europe for the next few weeks and should be back in the Philippines in about a month, give or take.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I guess I'll visit the Philippine since Spring Festival is next month (7-13), and I don't have anywhere else to go. Anyone interested in meeting?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Winston wrote:MarcosZeitola, where are you and when are you coming back to Philippines?
I am in Bavaria right now. I'll be touring Europe for the next few weeks and should be back in the Philippines in about a month, give or take.
How could you leave such a rich culture in Europe with all that soul fulfilling architecture and history, for a primitive country devoid of culture like the Philippines? lol

Rock told me that even Thailand is way more rich and fulfilling when it comes to culture and attractions than Philippines is.

If you are in Bavaria, can you look up the Bavarian Illuminati in the historical records archive or library there? lol

When you go to the Philippines again, where will you go?

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Winston wrote:Ok publicduende, but I may be in Thailand by then. We will see. PM me to let me know your plans. Rock is here as you know, and so is Billy, though Billy rarely posts anymore.
Give me a shout-out if you're coming to Thailand. I'm mostly in Chiang Mai, but sometimes go down to Bangkok during public holidays.

Everdred and Xiongmao have already left Thailand. Not sure about Repat. So I'm pretty much one of the few active HA guys in Thailand.

Winston, if you ever do get to meet Thai women, tell me what kind of vibes you get from them. Generally, they are not as simple-minded and straightforward as Filipinas. They tend to be much more cunning. And Thailand is not a poor country anymore, but rather a middle-income one. Due to the massive influx of foreign tourists from every country imaginable, Thai women have become much choosier. So the Philippines may still be better for you.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:How could you leave such a rich culture in Europe with all that soul fulfilling architecture and history, for a primitive country devoid of culture like the Philippines? lol
Because I am a primitive man and simple pleasures fulfil my soul more.
Winston wrote:Rock told me that even Thailand is way more rich and fulfilling when it comes to culture and attractions than Philippines is.
I'll probably have a vacation there some day. I very much plan to see more of Asia. But for living, the Philippines provides me with all that I need and for the time being, that is enough.
Winston wrote:If you are in Bavaria, can you look up the Bavarian Illuminati in the historical records archive or library there? lol
If I run into some Illuminati member I'll surely take a selfie for you.
Winston wrote:When you go to the Philippines again, where will you go?
I will land in Manila, and live with family. My life from there on out will be fairly conventional, that of a family man living in a more rural and exotic location then what I am used to. I will focus on my writing career as my businesses more or less run themselves, and save up money to purchase a land and lot and build my own house in a year or two. In the meantime, living in Luzon permanently, I will be able to meet a lot of people. No stress, just living the good life.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Falcon wrote:
Winston wrote:Ok publicduende, but I may be in Thailand by then. We will see. PM me to let me know your plans. Rock is here as you know, and so is Billy, though Billy rarely posts anymore.
Give me a shout-out if you're coming to Thailand. I'm mostly in Chiang Mai, but sometimes go down to Bangkok during public holidays.

Everdred and Xiongmao have already left Thailand. Not sure about Repat. So I'm pretty much one of the few active HA guys in Thailand.

Winston, if you ever do get to meet Thai women, tell me what kind of vibes you get from them. Generally, they are not as simple-minded and straightforward as Filipinas. They tend to be much more cunning. And Thailand is not a poor country anymore, but rather a middle-income one. Due to the massive influx of foreign tourists from every country imaginable, Thai women have become much choosier. So the Philippines may still be better for you.
Falcon, what the heck happened with Jester??? Remember he was supposed to move to Chiang Mai and set-up there. He confirmed that with me by phone and also wrote up something about it on the forum I believe. By now, he should be established there if he followed through with his plans.

BTW, I might go back to BK and Pattaya in early Feb. for some business stuff. Trying to convince Winston to go to. Winston actually has a ticked booked and paid for but is not sure whether or not he wants to use it. He might wanna stay a bit longer in Angeles before going to another country. His ticket is already paid for so he might as well just go and the come back to Phils. after he's had enough of Thai.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:How could you leave such a rich culture in Europe with all that soul fulfilling architecture and history, for a primitive country devoid of culture like the Philippines? lol
Perhaps the "rich" culture and the "soul fulfilling architecture and history" are something that starts fading in the background once you're caught in your daily life/work routine. For all the monuments and museums and historical streets, reality is, most large European cities and engulfed with problems pretty much the same way US cities are: mismanagement, traffic, inefficiency, widespread poverty (apart from a few pockets of middle and upper class suburbs), lack of jobs and opportunities.

I have my reservation about mentioning the "plague" of (illegal, "Syrian" or Muslim) immigration because, as it's quite clear to anybody with more than 3 functioning brain cells, the whole phenomenon is being crafted artfully by TPTB to push people towards more islamophobia, more racism, more paranoia and more hatred. Refugees have always existed in Germany, Swede, France etc. and I am sure the recent middle east conflicts, all instigated by any permutation of the US, Saudi Arabia and Israel, have but exacerbated the problem. If TPTB manage to convince the majority of Europeans that there's an "Islamic invasion" in the heart of each and every one of our countries, we will be ready to acquiesce to more militarisation, more wars and more populist parties who have nothing else to offer than opportunistic agendas.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Billy is having a good time in Angeles City still. He goes dancing every night and is in his element on the dance floor I hear. lol
He lives here almost for free. He rents a room for like 6,000 or 7,000 pesos, which is like $150 USD a month. Maybe less. And he eat very little. So I guess he is an example of how one can live here on several hundred a month only.

MarcosZeitola, where are you and when are you coming back to Philippines?
I will be in Davao on January 24, will PM you when I have booked up Manila. Have you ever been to Davao, by the way?

Oh yeah, Turks (like Billy) love dancing and clubbing. I am sure he's having fun! I only hope his prolonged stay in Angeles City won't make him forget that the Philippines have a lot more to offer than a glorified whoretown. ;)
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Falcon wrote:

Hey Falcon, how have you been? I'd love to visit Thailand, both Bangkok and Chiang Mai, as soon as I'm on holiday. I have been around Asia quite a bit, and yet never managed to visit Thailand.